• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2012 IDC Boards

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
I'm re-doing my motivational speech and working more on interviews now. I have a big one setup next month. 3 more weeks till finishing MSIT.
I never realized how long 6 months was until now and I've done many 6 month plus deployments. The good thing out of all of this is that now my wife wants to join also and become a Nurse. We'll be a Navy family. I can't wait.

cdb26

Application Package due dates

Can any of you tell me when the deadline is for submitting packages ahead of the September Board? I believe it is around mid-August, but to be sure when are you all planning to submit to your respective ORs? Many thanks!

das

Contributor
The package deadline for the 19-22SEP11 IDC board is 29AUG11, but don't wait until the last second.

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
That is what I was originally told also Das but then my recruiter changed it to 20 Aug a few weeks ago. I'll see if I can find what she sent.

SodiumLeak

That's exactly what I am being told as well. I recently had an Intel Officer come back from the FY11 LDO/CWO boards and one from the prior years OCS boards/recruiter type and they all preach the same message.

das

Contributor
Recruiters often want to give themselves a little padding so they don't have to rush at the last minute. Better to be a week early than a week late...

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
I understand that. My recruiter is about to have kids any day now so I will have a different recruiter for this board. I hope they know what they are doing.
Side question. I'll be up in Norfolk Naval Station on July 8-9. Anyone know anything good to do up there besides a base tour?

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
I guess I can go stand out front and ask people what it's like inside. :)
If it's like Army posts, we can go into the exchange without ID but you have to have one to buy anything.

I plan on getting up early and driving around to see the sights. It has been a few years since I was up in that area doing battle lab stuff before the war.

Mr.Innocent

IP Officer USNR
Sanity check on strength of packagesubmittal. My first time applying:
Applying forIP/IW/Intel
BSand working on MSIT
PriorNavy enlisted 9yrs AW 7861/9502 P3C EWO
CurrentNavy contractor working in IA (C&A, FISMA, STIG, CSICP) with clearance
Certifications:CISSP, Security+, Network+, MCITP-EA server 2008, MCSE/MCSA:Security, MCT,MCTS, MCDST
StrongLOR’s working on Interviews now and seems to be going good.
Strong management experience and well as instructor / curriculumdevelopment of above certifications except CISSP at a University and as part ofDoD8570 requirements for DoD personnel.

Thanks

So with the interviews, I was told that for IP/IW they will be conducted the same way they are for intel. So instead of a one on one with someone, itll be a board of several senior officers. Has anyone else heard this?