• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

free time in a-pool

" I've thought about being a sub teacher at one of the local highschools. "

Your just trying to get the inside track on all the hot highschools chicks aren't you war eagle?

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
back to the subject of getting a second job...I've thought about being a sub teacher at one of the local highschools. It's an as-needed job and you only have to show up when you can and it pays $50 a day (even if you're only there for half the day). Not much but if I could pull off 2 days a week, that would cover my drinking money for the weekend. Anybody heard of a-poolers being sub teachers?

Why are you so hard up for cash? 50 bucks a day isn't much of an incentive. :sleep_125

MasterBates

Dammit you a-poolers. I will break it down barney style for you. AGAIN.

A-Pooler's day.

Wake up.
Shower if needed.
Muster if needed.

Drink, goof off

Naptime

Go party at night

Repeat until you class up.

Junior

pilot
Dammit you a-poolers. I will break it down barney style for you. AGAIN.

A-Pooler's day.

Wake up.
Shower if needed.
Muster if needed.

Drink, goof off

Naptime

Go party at night

Repeat until you class up.
The monthly "what should I do with all my free time while in A-pool thread" amuses and annoys me. Quit being dorks and enjoy Pensacola. My suggestion: Ice Pilots.

phrogpilot73

The monthly "what should I do with all my free time while in A-pool thread" amuses and annoys me. Quit being dorks and enjoy Pensacola. My suggestion: Ice Pilots.
Not because of the Ice Pilots' incredible skill, but because of the sweet fights and cheap beer. Are the Pensacola Barrcudas still around, I actually had season tickets when I was there! I agree with you, I'm frustrated wth everyone who wants to "do sh!t" in A-Pool, as it seems to take an act of God just to take leave in the fleet. Unless you have accomplished the following, you should not be asking what jobs you can work while in A-Pool:

1. Earned your PADI Open Water Certification.
2. Dove the USS Oriskany
3. Visited the rock gym in Pensacola
4. Toured the civil war sites (and yes, there are some)
5. Visited Destin/San Destin
6. Identified which strip club you're going to be a regular at (meaning, you've checked them all out)
7. Eaten every burger on McGuires menu.
8. Stood on a street corner, holding a bible and yelling at cars. (that might be fun)
9. Got an STD from a woman you brought home from Seville Quarter.
10. Realized that you should have carded the woman you brought home from Seville Quarter.
11. Met your future on-wing minutes before he passes out on Pensacola Beach.
12. Found every Whataburger in Pensacola.
13. Found every Waffle House in Pensacola.
14. Actually eaten dounts at Krispy Kreme when it says "Hot Donuts Now"
15. Taken the time to determine the schedule for the "Hot Donuts Now"
16. Learned how to Salsa
17. Parasailed
18. Woken up with a raging hangover and seen your bloody foot prints on the floor (what the hell?)
19. Eaten a sackful of Krystals
20. Found the end of the Internet.

Everyone else, feel free to add to what you can do while waiting to class up.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
8. Stood on a street corner, holding a bible and yelling at cars. (that might be fun)
They're still doing that? They did that in 1982...

I got one to foam at the mouth once. He was yelling so I rolled down my window and acted like I was interested. He came over and started preaching to me so I said "That's GD interesting, I'm learning a GD lot listening to you, where can I learn more about this GD shit? Is your GD church close by?" (or words to that effect). He actually threw his bible at me through my window. I'm glad the light had turned green because I think he was getting ready to follow it.

The only problem with this whole incident was that the friend I had with me thought this was so good he told everyone at VT-10. It eventually got to the CO who was pissed. I got an ass chewing for baiting the bible thumpers while being identifiable as a Navy officer as I was in uniform (below in headwork) and there was a DOD sticker on my car. It seems the week before the CO had to kick a couple of SNFOs out of training for bible thumping on the street corners in uniform. To make it worst, these SNFOs would target the enlisted guys cars and "order" them to listen. The CO found out from the Commodore who got a call from a reporter. Ugly situation. Oh well, timing is everything.......do something one day and you're a hero, do it the next you're an idiot....

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
2. Dove the USS Oriskany
6. Identified which strip club you're going to be a regular at (meaning, you've checked them all out)
10. Realized that you should have carded the woman you brought home from Seville Quarter.
16. Learned how to Salsa
17. Parasailed
18. Woken up with a raging hangover and seen your bloody foot prints on the floor (what the hell?)

Got 5, 13, 14 and 19 (that made me sick as sh*t) done and was about to get 16 and 17 before I volunteered to help with the Katrina Disaster Relief and got stuck with a watch section at the makeshift kennel at NASP. Would have gotten 1 and done 2, but didn't have the funds and the Oriskany was still floating.

21: Gotten drunk at Florabama and hopped over the AL/FL state line screaming "Now I'm in Florida!!! Now I'm in Alabama!!!" for 5 minutes.

22. Gotten sh*t faced off of Diesel Fuel on Friday night and drinking water out of the glass so you feel good enough to do it again Saturday night.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^ That's a great story, HAL. I would always just tell them I was a Jew to see if I could get them to call me Christ killer. As religious epithets go, it sounds more impressive than godless heathen. :D

Brett

I very much intend to relax while im in a-pool. however, i also have a ton of student loans that i want to pay off asap. i dont intend to work full time as a sub teacher, just a day here, a day there when im bored to make some extra drinking money.

Unless you have accomplished the following, you should not be asking what jobs you can work while in A-Pool:

2. Dove the USS Oriskany
16. Learned how to Salsa
17. Parasailed

great list, ive already done 3,4,5,12,13,14, and 19

MasterBates

NAUI, Close enough

2. Dove the USS Oriskany
USS Massachusetts. The Oriskany was not there yet.

6. Identified which strip club you're going to be a regular at (meaning, you've checked them all out)- SAMMY'S
7. Eaten every burger on McGuires menu. Explains why I had to turn 46's in for 48's
11. Met your future on-wing minutes before he passes out on Pensacola Beach.-No, but did in Corpus

16. Learned how to Salsa
17. Parasailed- Redneck parasail in API does not count?

21. Raced Motocross in the track near OLF Santa Rosa
22. Had to explain to the API instructor that your bruised leg and inablity to walk were not alochol related this time.