• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

free time in a-pool

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
I know I wont, but I could certainly try to teach it again at one of the local schools or something...

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
You want hilarity? Invite a 36 year old LT to your party. :D

Brett

funny you brought that up brett. When i was a 4/c Middy, our LT crashed our party after Dining In. No alcohol but it was a mostly middy enriched environment. Needless to say, I still remember when his phone was ringing and he told everyone in the room....."Hold up, hold up. My sh!t's blowin up." Man....what a tool.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
funny you brought that up brett. When i was a 4/c Middy, our LT crashed our party after Dining In. No alcohol but it was a mostly middy enriched environment. Needless to say, I still remember when his phone was ringing and he told everyone in the room....."Hold up, hold up. My sh!t's blowin up." Man....what a tool.

No doubt a Shoe. Not everyone can hang. :D

Brett

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No doubt a Shoe. Not everyone can hang. :D

Brett
A lot of Shoes are tools, yes....Those of us that party like rockstars just trick the tools into taking our duty. Problem solved. Every now and then, one slips through the cracks though. If you see em out in public, squash em like a cockroach.

sarnav

NEWS FLASH I do not know who you are calling a kid since I have been in 12 years and going as a Warrant Officer...

Were you a Warrant before you got picked up or are you a twelve year PO who just put on Warrant? Big difference and like many said prepare to be humbled at OCS, though OCS is still in Florida so I imagine you are going with the DCOs if your report date is that soon which is night/day to OCS (though OCS isnt all that difficult if you do what you are told). Just dont be like the LDO/CWOs down here who treated us like idiots because they were "mustangs". Coming from the E side does not make a bit of difference once you hit flight school. Good luck and welcome to the board.

SN

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Ok... well it sounds like everyone has done an nice job of quashing my dreams of picking up some weekend flights (no night, not working hours). But I'm a CFI too.... so does that mean I'm cleared to go and train IFS (I did it before at the academy)... since they are going to go let an A-pooler go an take a lesson from an instructor with 250TT (for the record I have more than 250 hours, I'm leaving it there though)...If a student if good to go to take the lesson from an FAA instructor.... which I am... my guess is the navy will tell me no, i cant even go teach IFS... ha... what a country. I agree with the whole motorcycle thing, as I spent a year out of ROTC because of an accident, probably how I missed out on all that beer... but whatever... I wont die on this hill but I'll certainly try when I get there....Dont get me wrong I'm all about corrupting the women of tomorrow, and all that jazz, I just dont see how its better to have me stick my thumb up my a$$ for 4 months... I really dont care about the money...I'll donate it or something, it's more an issue of idle hands are the devils playground....

It's not a matter of whether you're qualified or not. It's a matter of being at your appointed place of duty. IFS isn't done through some random instructor, it's done through a flight school, so if you submitted a chit to go work for a FBO, and was then hired by an FBO to teach, and that FBO happened to be one of the flight schools that has a IFS contract, then yes, you can teach IFS. I think you can see how long a shot that really is, but hey, you can always ask. All anyone of the links in the chain can say is "no."

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Subs to aviation! Truly, we live in a wondrous age.

Wonderous indeed!!:D

There is no such rule restricting flying in the pipeline...I flew in API and I have flown here in Corpus...Bad gouge red cards all around:)

As previously posted...an ORM sheet is req'd.

Originally Posted by tk628
Ok... well it sounds like everyone has done an nice job of quashing my dreams of picking up some weekend flights (no night, not working hours). But I'm a CFI too.... so does that mean I'm cleared to go and train IFS (I did it before at the academy)... since they are going to go let an A-pooler go an take a lesson from an instructor with 250TT (for the record I have more than 250 hours, I'm leaving it there though)...If a student if good to go to take the lesson from an FAA instructor.... which I am... my guess is the navy will tell me no, i cant even go teach IFS... ha... what a country. I agree with the whole motorcycle thing, as I spent a year out of ROTC because of an accident, probably how I missed out on all that beer... but whatever... I wont die on this hill but I'll certainly try when I get there....Dont get me wrong I'm all about corrupting the women of tomorrow, and all that jazz, I just dont see how its better to have me stick my thumb up my a$$ for 4 months... I really dont care about the money...I'll donate it or something, it's more an issue of idle hands are the devils playground....

Oh...and to elaborate...you're being a tool. Stop. Now. <Hugs>

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
Wonderous indeed!!:D

There is no such rule restricting flying in the pipeline...I flew in API and I have flown here in Corpus...Bad gouge red cards all around:)

As previously posted...an ORM sheet is req'd.

Answers what I really wanted to know all along...

phrogpilot73

Subs to aviation! Truly, we live in a wondrous age.

Didn't Admiral Larson (now retired) switch from Aviation to Subs? That I'll never understand...

Answers what I really wanted to know all along...

It probably took a little longer than you wanted, because you were borderline argumentative, and a bit of a smart ass. Remember, there is a lot of knowledge and experience on this board that we are very willing to share. However, when your desire is join our fraternity you should approach us with a bit more respect. It's been mentioned in many posts before, but this board is hardly annonymous. Everyone from high school students to retired senior officers frequent this board. I applaud your energy and desire, but I would calm down a bit if I were you.

back to the subject of getting a second job...I've thought about being a sub teacher at one of the local highschools. It's an as-needed job and you only have to show up when you can and it pays $50 a day (even if you're only there for half the day). Not much but if I could pull off 2 days a week, that would cover my drinking money for the weekend. Anybody heard of a-poolers being sub teachers?