• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FEB AMDO, IW & SWO rolling boards

@Globalfromal as I'm sure you know, try to be as proactive as possible. Get your medical and dental knocked out as soon as possible if you haven't already, and also start working on the items on your checkout sheet for changing commands that would not be premature. This will make sure you don't get hung up on anything once you do have a FS letter and a solid OCS date. The last step @KNSnowy listed will likely apply to you in some way, unless you have an active TS/SCI, but even then they might do a community consult interview. Make sure you are spun up on all the things you may encounter in the interview (current events, ONI director being investigated, ONIs various AOs and mission focus, etc.). A couple of my buddies really got spun in a counterintelligence board when they couldn't sincerely differentiate between Sunni and Shia. While you might, it serves as an example of the type of things you may be presented with.

I know when I was applying for a special duty billet in the Marines it felt like nearly everyone was working against me because my command didn't want to lose me, fortunately the Navy doesn't seem to be as counterproductive in that way. Just be forward and ask anyone and everyone that would know what your next step is to expedite the process. Granted I got out to attend college and am applying for a different branch, but in similar situations I saw administrative obstacles being the largest delaying factor. I know this is quite generalized, but good luck and congrats.
Thanks for the info, I'm due for PHA coming up anyway, so I'll knock that out.

2. Do JPASS in conjunction with fingerprints. (I'm not sure what JPASS is yet.)

JPAS is joint personnel adjudication system, it is sometimes associated with OPM and EQIP and the online version "usually" of
the SF-86 where you put in all your info to initiate a NACLC or SSBI for secret/ts clearances respectively. AD people usually have a secret already and I imagine AD intel people like IS/IT/CT have SSBI's. For you non-priors, you can google SF-86 to see what it is and start gathering the info (addresses, dates, numbers, etc) to speed up the process.

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
Hi all,

I've been away road-tripping for awhile and I have limited wifi and cellphone data. I'm sorry I don't have more information or context, but I heard from my OR today that I was pro-rec for IW from the February board.

I'm trying not to get excited, as all the hurdles haven't been cleared yet :)

I am non-AD and was not on "the list" posted earlier, so everybody hang on to your hats and I hope you hear great news soon!
Congratulations KNSnowy... Welcome to the "IW Select Community" Difficult part is over; now the "hurry up and wait" begins... Congrats again...

vicmonty

SWO IP Applicant
IW:
Paul Alexander
William Androsko
Ramon Dejesusmunoz
Kimberly Green
Dong Logan
Glen Martin
Anthony Perez
Joseph Szekely
Bryan Van Blair