• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FEB AMDO, IW & SWO rolling boards

Phoenix30

Greetings all,

Who is applying for these boards (FEB 2014)? please post your STATS for guidance. Thank you in advance.

Phoenix 30

jetullis6

Been there done that
Hello all Feb board applicants, received word from the fleet OCS processor that my AMDO package was received and processed. Should I have gotten an Email or anything or do I just wait for the board to say whether or not I have been selected? Good luck to all!

Phoenix30

Hello all Feb board applicants, received word from the fleet OCS processor that my AMDO package was received and processed. Should I have gotten an Email or anything or do I just wait for the board to say whether or not I have been selected? Good luck to all!

Approximately one week after the Board convenes the results should be released and your COC will be notified via email or BOL command leadership CO, XO, CMC. Great stats! Good luck with your application.

jetullis6

Been there done that
Approximately one week after the Board convenes the results should be released and your COC will be notified via email or BOL command leadership CO, XO, CMC. Great stats! Good luck with your application.
Thanks Phoenix!

ABF2

There is a SWO thread for the Feb Board already but i will post here as well. I plan on having my package ready for this Board just waiting on my CoC. Good Luck all applicants

Good Luck y'all.
I'm applying for AMDO, and Intel (If that happens Feb 10th as well)
As far as results, I know the Dec 2nd board had results come out Dec 20, so thats the only gouge I got this far on how long it may take, and since BUPERS is down/limited, only CoC, OR, or someone on here can really tell you it seems.

Phoenix30

Good Luck y'all.
I'm applying for AMDO, and Intel (If that happens Feb 10th as well)
As far as results, I know the Dec 2nd board had results come out Dec 20, so thats the only gouge I got this far on how long it may take, and since BUPERS is down/limited, only CoC, OR, or someone on here can really tell you it seems.

Good luck! strong stats!

jetullis6

Been there done that
I heard the board convenes FEB 9th so I am hoping the results will be out by the 3rd week of FEB.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
To the AMDO applicants: what are your stats looking like? I plan on applying for the august board after I graduate in April and wanted to have a general idea of what some of the other applicants are working with.

SailorMan80

33 yr Active Duty Male (10yrs)
AMDO
4 LORs- O-7, O-6, O-6, O-5
4 Interviews- 0-6, o-5, o-6, o-6
Major: B.S in Business Managment 3.6 GPA
5/4/4 45 ASTB
Evals: EP, EP, MP, EP
Awards: SOQ/NAM(x5)/GC/MOVSM/HSM/EAWS/ESWS/MTS/SFF
Submitted Package: DEC 2013

This is my second AMDO package. Good luck to all!!!

jetullis6

Been there done that
To the AMDO applicants: what are your stats looking like? I plan on applying for the august board after I graduate in April and wanted to have a general idea of what some of the other applicants are working with.
A_Longo88,

I am an E-6 with the Blue Angels I have my safe for flight, work in Quality Assurance, and I am the ESO for the command. Most of my stats are listed below. A couple of things that were passed down to me by AMDO's, get the highest appraisals you can from from 1520's, don't get to wrapped up in your OAR scores they are there to get your foot in the door. What really matters are the things you are doing to further your self such as community service, what are you doing for your command to stand out, breakout EVALS, and SUSTAINED SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE. They only pick about 10 to 12 applicants out of roughly 80 every year, for instance last year they picked one civilian and all others were E-6 and above. I have spoke to CDR Haas who is the community manager and he said that the only boards they will be doing are in FEB once a year, they had one listed for AUG this past year and it was cancelled. If you need any information let me know.

jetullis6

Been there done that
33 yr Active Duty Male (10yrs)
AMDO
4 LORs- O-7, O-6, O-6, O-5
4 Interviews- 0-6, o-5, o-6, o-6
Major: B.S in Business Managment 3.6 GPA
5/4/4 45 ASTB
Evals: EP, EP, MP, EP
Awards: SOQ/NAM(x5)/GC/MOVSM/HSM/EAWS/ESWS/MTS/SFF
Submitted Package: DEC 2013

This is my second AMDO package. Good luck to all!!!
Great stats,

Since this is your second go around if you can shed any light on some do's and don't s for your package it will be appreciated.

exNavyOffRec

A_Longo88,

I am an E-6 with the Blue Angels I have my safe for flight, work in Quality Assurance, and I am the ESO for the command. Most of my stats are listed below. A couple of things that were passed down to me by AMDO's, get the highest appraisals you can from from 1520's, don't get to wrapped up in your OAR scores they are there to get your foot in the door. What really matters are the things you are doing to further your self such as community service, what are you doing for your command to stand out, breakout EVALS, and SUSTAINED SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE. They only pick about 10 to 12 applicants out of roughly 80 every year, for instance last year they picked one civilian and all others were E-6 and above. I have spoke to CDR Haas who is the community manager and he said that the only boards they will be doing are in FEB once a year, they had one listed for AUG this past year and it was cancelled. If you need any information let me know.

This is pretty much what the PM passed down to me several years ago, primarily AD or prior service, experience in aviation maint., etc..... I have seen the numbers lower, but then again they will vary with any community and when you are talking about 10 a drop of 2 is significant.

This shows again that the board dates are only placeholders IF NEEDED, that continues to throw people.

Good stats.

SailorMan80

No problem, the key to the application process is precision. Be thorough and do your research for the AMDO community prior to interviews. Also, have someone go through your package for continuity. Good luck Shipmate!!!

csgt8877

I'm a civilian that has applied and do not have any prior service. From what I am reading, it's going to be a challenge for me to get a slot. Quick stats:

-29 yoa male
-B.S. Aviation Management, minor Aerospace Studies
-3.16 GPA...3.33 in my major
-PPL, Instrument Rating, complex/high performance endorsements, 208 hrs TT
-ASTB 5/6/5/50
-5 LOR's
-current job...Sgt. Deputy Sheriff
-Board Member, Chanute Air Museum, Board of Directors