• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FEB AMDO, IW & SWO rolling boards

jetullis6

Been there done that
What are some of the minimum score you have seen that got selected for AMDO?
Last year I think they posted that the average of the 12 people that were selected was like 3.51....... However I am sure the degree is taken into consideration like physics or engineering would be a lot different than say a liberal arts degree just my .02.

halfbreed83

Last year I think they posted that the average of the 12 people that were selected was like 3.51....... However I am sure the degree is taken into consideration like physics or engineering would be a lot different than say a liberal arts degree just my .02.
What about the OAR?

jetullis6

Been there done that
What about the OAR?
Every selectee had a degree in a preferred field of study, and each made AMDO his/her #1 choice. The average OAR was 51.3 (compared to 48.5 for all AMDO applicants). The average age was 30 (for all applicants and selectees). The average GPA for selectees was 3.28 compared to 3.19 overall. Favorable interview appraisals and letters of recommendations from AMDOs were of tremendous help to board members. Obviously, the more senior the writer, the better.

One quick note about OAR scores for your knowledge when mentoring future AMDOs. The board removed from consideration TWO applicants whose OAR scores did not meet the minimum requirement stated in Program Authorization (PA) 107B. The PA document is a little hard to find and it is quite dated, but the minimum score of 40 remains valid. It can be found on the CNRC website.

This is straight off the AMDO web site from last years results.

jetullis6

Been there done that
I had nfo for first and AMDO for second... Do you think this will be a deal breaker
I guess it depends on how strong your package was. Again my .02 AMDO is a VERY small community and they might take that as well if I don't get NFO I'll settle for AMDO. I mean you never quite know exactly what they are looking for. The percepts gives you a general idea.

jakeflow

Hello fellow AMDO hopefuls; just as anxious as everyone. Thought results would be out by now as well. Round 3 for me, just keep pressing if you don't get selected. Dust yourself off and try again, that's where I'm at. Hope this is the board we get selected. Had a couple personal friends get selected the last 2 boards, so it does happen. It's got to be 12 or 7 somebody's, why not us?

jetullis6

Been there done that
Hello fellow AMDO hopefuls; just as anxious as everyone. Thought results would be out by now as well. Round 3 for me, just keep pressing if you don't get selected. Dust yourself off and try again, that's where I'm at. Hope this is the board we get selected. Had a couple personal friends get selected the last 2 boards, so it does happen. It's got to be 12 or 7 somebody's, why not us?
Have you ever gotten any feedback as to why you were not selected or what to do to make your package better? Good luck to you!

jakeflow

Jetullis6,
Well from what I learned through the first denial process is I put three designators as my choice, which made it look like I wanted to just be any officer vice AMDO and AMDO only. They want you to want to be an AMDO! At that time in 2011 my package was kind of weak, left a lot of white space and personal statement was not up to par. I had like 1 or 2 AMDO appraisals and the others were pilots, nfo's, etc...I was middle of the pack in Evals and such, so I just wasn't there. 2nd package was much stronger but I was still lacking leadership. I had just got to new command, got the welcome aboard P eval, but I did get the analyst qualification and got better interviews. An O6 1520 and a few other O6 appraisals outside of AMDO's. I have a criminal justice degree which they were looking more for technical degrees. So once I knew what I had to do, this third time, I took over as theLine Division LPO leading 28 junior Sailor's and earned an EP eval. I got my TS/SCI clearance, worked on a technical masters degree, reached out to high ranking AMDOS for appraisals. Also, I got in safe for flight syllabus and knocked that out. So hopefully with Analyst, Line Division LPO, SOY, outstanding PRT's, along with beefing up a few areas, I got a dog in this fight.

jakeflow

Now:
AMDO
33 years old
GPA: 3.47 Criminal Justice (BA)
3.7 GPA in Organizational Leadership (Master's) still in work
Active for 15 years
Awards: 4 NAMS, MOVSM, SOY, SOQ
Evals: EP, P(new guy), EP, MP, EP
OAR: 46
Appraisals: 2-O6 AMDO,s 1-O6 Commodore, 2-O6 pilot and NFO, 3-O4 1520's (1 is a 1520 XO)
Leadership: Line LPO, Data Analyst, AIRSPEED LPO, Maintenance Control LPO and now SFF
Clearance: TS/SCI
Certifications: Theory of constraints,
Extra: First class Vice President, UPC, CFL, ASF back in the day