• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-35B/C Lightning II (Joint Strike Fighter)

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Word on the street the F-16/F-35 side-stick design, along with the controls feedback, is one of those things that take a flight or two to get used to, and then you wonder the rest of your life why all jets aren't like that. BTW, most Airbus' are the same way, so it's not like something too space age crazy.

Thinking about flying an airbus in the FO seat with the left handed side stick doesen't feel right just thinking about it.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Thinking about flying an airbus in the FO seat with the left handed side stick doesen't feel right just thinking about it.

Im guessing you mean the capt's side....

But anyways, have you ever flown a cessna or any other a/c with a 'yoke'? Its the same feel (left hand on the controls and right hand on the throttle)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
FY2009 Meridian has 9 slots slated directly to the JSF, btw, nice find.

Yeah, that would be a projection and not exactly set in stone quite yet. If the program slips at all, and we all know how well DOD programs stay on time and budget, those slots will slip to the right as well.

wyldechild

man goes in cage, cage goes in salsa, shark in salsa, our shark!
sorry raptor10 i just got done watching clerks and i had to say that!

larbear

FOSx1000
pilot
Im guessing you mean the capt's side....

But anyways, have you ever flown a cessna or any other a/c with a 'yoke'? Its the same feel (left hand on the controls and right hand on the throttle)

Maybe I'm retarded, but I've always found it hard to fly a stick with my left hand or a yoke with my right. My left hand is programmed for a yoke and my right hand for a stick, I guess. At least for me, it isn't at all the same feel.

JJCaesar

pilot
Is JJCaesar the same Caesar that left the VA Beach area not long ago?

Dave...Affirm. A bud of mine out here just told me about this forum so here I am. Fancy seeing your name here as well.

Just started flying again and will be headed out to El Centro to get a Strike det under my belt on the 21st of this month, then onto the boat in Oct and a quick fighter det to Key West then to the squadron.

navyao

Since you guys have already heard they have slots for FY 2009 for the F-35, any word who well be the first squadron to transition? I also just read something that the Air Force is going to be training everyone, is that true?

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Caesar,

Glad to see you on the site. You will bring a wealth of knoweldge. Must be nice gettting back into an airplane after your last stint of work. Are you getting a Rhino or C squadron?

JJCaesar

pilot
Dave,
I'm heading to a C squadron-and leaving on deployment shortly after the COC. Kind of feel weird posting, anonymous seems better, but every once in a while there seems to be something to add that might help. I remember way back when I was new (young) and "looking" for gouge how frustrating it was. The reality is that it's all desire and effort, gouge doesn't help in the end. I don't think that there's any gouge behind the boat at night, at least I haven't found it yet.

As for coming back to big Navy, it is weird. Actually broke out my issued water gear and went snorkeling near Morrow Bay, beautiful.

I miss the boys and the mindset, but I'm just glad to be here and back to flying for a living.
v/r
Caesar

Srtitan89

F-35 Lightning II/Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) seats after wings?

So say I come out of flight school in 2013-2014, what are my chances of getting JSF if I do get selected for jets? I know they are supposed to be deployed in '09