• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-35B/C Lightning II (Joint Strike Fighter)

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Is it just me, or does the JSF look a little Raptor-esque from the top?

f16-f35-f22.jpg

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Is it just me, or does the JSF look a little Raptor-esque from the top?

f16-f35-f22.jpg

Your kidding right?
I dont see it. I dont see it at all.

Actually, Lockheed Martin, based a lot of the aircraft on the lessons learned on the F-22 raptor, which was a factor on why it was chosen over the X-32, besides for that birds deep throat...

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Is JJCaesar the same Caesar that left the VA Beach area not long ago?

bkveen

Why is the joystick on the right hand side of the cockpit. Are other jets like this or is this something new to the 35. How do you fly from the side. Wont it mess up your symetry? Anybody had experience with it.

Why is the joystick on the right hand side of the cockpit. Are other jets like this or is this something new to the 35. How do you fly from the side. Wont it mess up your symetry? Anybody had experience with it.

Viper drivers have been using the layout for years. Hasn't seemed to be an issue.

1311_065.jpg

Well... :)

airAirshowThunderEjection.jpg

Jay

Word on the street the F-16/F-35 side-stick design, along with the controls feedback, is one of those things that take a flight or two to get used to, and then you wonder the rest of your life why all jets aren't like that. BTW, most Airbus' are the same way, so it's not like something too space age crazy.