• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-35B/C Lightning II (Joint Strike Fighter)

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
Do you really think anyone (here or anywhere else) could answer that question? Not to be a dick, because everyone else is about to (for good reason), but that's not a reasonable or intelligent question. That said, 32%.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
That said, 32%.

Thats a considerable drop... last time I looked at the statistics, 42% got jets.

Srtitan, looks like your chances of getting jets are steadily decreasing. You'll probably get UAVs. I hear in 2010, UAV slots will be like jets are now... everyone wants one.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So say I come out of flight school in 2013-2014, what are my chances of getting JSF if I do get selected for jets? I know they are supposed to be deployed in '09

Check your sources. According to DC Air, the Initial Training Center at Eglin will be ready for training in FY10 and Initial Operating Capability (IOC) for first squadron will be in FY12. By 2013, there will be 37 F-35Bs in USMC so there might be 2 squadrons operational (excluding FRS). Best bet would be to seek a SERGRAD assignment to increase your odds (that's the traditional way to ensure a coveted seat).

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Wow, nothing like pulling out the 18 pound sledgehammer and bashing the poor slob's dreams.

Look, just give him false hope like the recruiters do and tell him it's a sure thing.

Ok... here goes...

Srtitan, you will select JSF... you are guaranteed to get JSFs as long as your grades are good enough.

How's that? Did I give him enough false hope?

Renegade One

None
Methinks if you go TACAIR, you have a GREAT chance of flying the Lightning IIs. If I recall the aviation roadmap correctly, the CVW of the future is supposed to be three Hornet squadrons...one each E, F and G, and two "Sea Lightnings" (F-35C) squadrons. If you happen to get to the fleet and can't go JSF immediately, go to one of the remaining F-18C squadrons. Believe they will ALL transition over time. I envy you the choices you will get to make in several years.

V/R, Spike

cosmania

Gitty Up!
pilot
Ok... here goes...

Srtitan, you will select JSF... you are guaranteed to get JSFs as long as your grades are good enough.

How's that? Did I give him enough false hope?

To quote Torch:

"Great job, best ever, put yourself in for a major award."

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What_Percent.jpg

VFA-203 Forever

So You Like To Put fishsticks in your mouth?
you happen to get to the fleet and can't go JSF immediately, go to one of the remaining F-18C squadrons.

V/R, Spike

If most of the Charlie's are already getting near the end of their trapt life, I can only imagine 6-7 years from now how bad it'll be. :eek: