• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Treetop Flyer

pilot
The only reason we are still facing this completely preventable (now) shitstorm is because the low uptake of the vaccine. I know you were smart enough to get it, you should spend more effort convincing your ideological brethren to do the same so we can put this in the rear view mirror.

I’m still waiting on someone who is respected on the right to grow a pair and come out and advocate for the vaccine. They’ll get booed of course, like the guy who lost the last election, so it’ll take some courage.

Any ideas?
If vaccinations will “put this in the rear view mirror” then why are laws, mandates, and rules like that not exempting vaccinated people?

It’s not going away. More vaccinations won’t make it go away. You will never force people to get vaccinated if they don’t want it. For rational people covid has been in the rear view for a long time. We just need clingers in blue areas and our geriatric dipshit-in-chief to let it go.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
you should spend more effort convincing your ideological brethren to do the same so we can put this in the rear view mirror.

I'm not going to try and convince anyone to do anything. What ever happened to the leftie rally cry of "My body my choice!". Or is that just conditional on being a leftie cause?

It should already be in the rearview mirror but people like you won't let it. Get the fuck over it and just let people live their lives. None of the current restrictions or mandates are making any difference except in bad ways.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
It’s settled science that they work, and pretty obvious when you think about where the majority of transmission occurs (when people are unmasked and in close contact inside).
It's settled science that certain kinds of masks work when combined with other NPIs like minimal occupancy, no eating in the same room, not getting too close to other people, etc. Since we decided writ large as a nation that we no longer want to implement all of those co-dependent factors because of the adverse economic impact, wearing masks is just theater at this point.

Also, there's a widely available, safe, and effective vaccine out there, so I really can't wrap my head around why we're implementing any precautions at all at this point. If someone doesn't want to get the vaccine then that's their perogative.

Last edited:

taxi1

pilot
It’s not going away. More vaccinations won’t make it go away.
Dumb.

Vaccines lower transmission, and make it almost guaranteed you won't end up in an ICU, on a ventilator, in a morgue. Everyone vaccinated = bad cold and who then gives a shit. We've had bad colds forever.

I actually feel for the people fighting the vaccine and mandate. They've been subjected an endless effort to undermine all of the authorities advocating for getting vaccinated, and then have turned to the fever swamps of bullshit where they've come to believe things like it magnetizes you, it contains tracking micro-chips, it manipulates the DNA in your cell nucleus, and it makes you infertile, among other lies. If you actually believed that, no matter how irrational it is, you'd not want to get vaccinated either. They've been manipulated.

The end result is a steady series of martyrdom operations as the unvaccinated get sick and die based on lies sold to them, and former President Trump gets booed for suggesting people should get it, since he got it and says it works. Operation Warpspeed was a great accomplishment, and now he gets booed for it. Unreal.

Someone from the right wouldn't even have to suggest getting it or not getting it. Just step up and correct the record, explain that whoever told you micro-chips are in the vaccine is a moron who should be ridiculed, and so on, and here's the facts.

Instead, we had a woman who believes the vaccine magnetizes people called as an expert witness. W-T-F.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Dumb.

Vaccines lower transmission, and make it almost guaranteed you won't end up in an ICU, on a ventilator, in a morgue. Everyone vaccinated = bad cold and who then gives a shit. We've had bad colds forever.

I actually feel for the people fighting the vaccine and mandate. They've been subjected an endless effort to undermine all of the authorities advocating for getting vaccinated, and then have turned to the fever swamps of bullshit where they've come to believe things like it magnetizes you, it contains tracking micro-chips, it manipulates the DNA in your cell nucleus, and it makes you infertile, among other lies. If you actually believed that, no matter how irrational it is, you'd not want to get vaccinated either. They've been manipulated.

The end result is a steady series of martyrdom operations as the unvaccinated get sick and die based on lies sold to them, and former President Trump gets booed for suggesting people should get it, since he got it and says it works. Operation Warpspeed was a great accomplishment, and now he gets booed for it. Unreal.

Someone from the right wouldn't even have to suggest getting it or not getting it. Just step up and correct the record, explain that whoever told you micro-chips are in the vaccine is a moron who should be ridiculed, and so on, and here's the facts.

Instead, we had a woman who believes the vaccine magnetizes people called as an expert witness. W-T-F.
Yes there’s lots of misinformation out there. There are people who should get vaccinated who are choosing not to. That’s not my problem. There is also misinformation by the covidians like “if everyone gets vaccinated we can put covid in the rear view”. That’s a lie. It should already be in the rear view for everyone. Vaccinated, unvaccinated, the choice has been made, covid isn’t going anywhere, so live with your choice and move the fuck on. Hospitals won’t be overrun. People will still get and transmit scaryvirus. Stop pretending like you can eradicate it.

Python

pilot
Contributor
Dumb.

Here’s what moving on looks like:

Once the vaccine was available to everyone to choose to get it or not, the policy is 100% totally over from a policy perspective. Make it look like 2019 again. Hospitals will not be overrun.

Instead, we didn’t do that. We should’ve, but we didn’t.

I agree that the vaccine should be lauded and Trump should not have been booed. I agree that people thinking that the vaccine is gene therapy is insanity. But none of that matters now. It is available to everyone. That means the pandemic is over from a policy perspective. No mandates, no lockdowns, no masks, no nothing. Everyone who got the vaccine has that protection. Everybody who didn’t, won’t get it (and will probably be fine even if they get Covid). Let’s bring back prosperity, normality, healthy education for our children, solid mental health for everyone else.

Mirage

pilot
CNBC: Are Covid vaccine mandates ethical? Here’s what medical experts think.

Found the headline of this article particularly funny, and think it illuminates a large part of the problem. Who here thinks medical experts are also ethics experts? Who here thinks they are also economic experts, or are best suited to determine what is best overall for society?

CNBC, apparently.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Well, Happy Holidays everyone . . .
Saw that yesterday, the news is scant on details but this plot twist strikes me as the very highly contagious but watered down variants that viruses sometimes evolve in their story arc. Some do, some don't- there's no "mild" version of polio but there are a lot of different flus.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Saw that yesterday, the news is scant on details but this plot twist strikes me as the very highly contagious but watered down variants that viruses sometimes evolve in their story arc. Some do, some don't- there's no "mild" version of polio but there are a lot of different flus.
I think that one of the saddest things I see on the interwebs is that there is a plurality of people who blame unvaccinated individuals for COVID-19 viral mutations.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
CNBC: Are Covid vaccine mandates ethical? Here’s what medical experts think.

Found the headline of this article particularly funny, and think it illuminates a large part of the problem. Who here thinks medical experts are also ethics experts? Who here thinks they are also economic experts, or are best suited to determine what is best overall for society?

CNBC, apparently.
Your argument is that "Julian Savulescu, director of Oxford University’s Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics" and "Al Dowie, a professor of medical ethics and law at the University of Glasgow" are not qualified to talk about medical ethics? Then who is?

I also fail to see where in the article CNBC suggests we put ethicists in charge of society or our economy. They asked about the ethics of vaccine mandates, and received opinions on it from two ethics professors.

SlickAg

pilot
I think that one of the saddest things I see on the interwebs is that there is a plurality of people who blame unvaccinated individuals for COVID-19 viral mutations.
@taxi1 how did your statement from August pan out given the news about the Omicron variant?

Second, the Delta variant and other arose before the vaccines hit the streets. There have been no explosion of new variants since we've distributed over a 100 million shots (knock on wood) so again she is full of shit.