• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

SlickAg

pilot
This is a good point. But it does beg a question, and I’m not trying to be snarky: how do you reconcile the apparent large contradiction between your posts and Taxi’s? Clearly he is pulling out many graphics that show 99% of seriously ill and hospitalized people are unvaccinated. In my mind, that carries tremendous weight and is valid. On the other hand, you bring up statistics about rising illness and death among vaccinated that I find to be significant as well. They both can’t be right at the same time. So what are we missing? Through this point, I’ve been on the side of almost everyone dying has been unvaccinated, and that’s quite indicative of vaccine efficacy. So serious question: what is up with the statistical contradiction?
Fantastic question.

Those recent graphics from Minnesota that he posted are designed as propaganda to encourage people to get vaccinated. So his posts, by dint of his own personal beliefs, are going to leave out inconvenient facts like vaccinated people dying. He also won’t answer my questions about why “the science” is so different in Europe and Australia than it is in North America. Why are vaccinated people being hospitalized in Wales? Why are vaccinated people dying in Australia? Why is Sweden, who only has a 7% higher vaccination rate than us, ending restrictions? He responds with “Norway is leading the way with vaccination rate!” Cool man, but Sweden isn’t and they’re doing the exact same thing as Norway. He also won’t comment on the pictures of Biden and BoJo wearing masks. I don’t know why, but I’m assuming because he realizes there’s no good reason for them to wear them other than to virtue signal.

BLAB: if you read one link, read the last one.

I’m going to repost some tweets that I posted the other day that get to your point about the apparent statistical difference. Neither of them are about America.

Here is an article written about some of the smartest young people in our country and how they are unable to make proper risk decisions. Ask yourself why that is.

And if you read one thing here, read this.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Loved this,

If our government handed out dunce caps with “follow the science” embroidered on them, a double-digit percentage of the population would start wearing them (maybe even on bicycles) and look askance at people who don’t. Stanford might even mandate them if the State of California or the County of Santa Clara asked them to, because we no longer have any scientific policies at Stanford. We only follow political orders.

Stanford is somewhat unique among top universities in that we have actual scientists in leadership positions, including a neuroscientist as our President. So, what does it say about our brain-scientist-in-chief that he has failed to convince Stanford students to wear bicycle helmets (including when the university gave out free helmets!) but has successfully created an environment where bicycle-masking is routine? In my judgement, it's a pretty big embarrassment for a public scientist and leader like MTL.

But it won’t be viewed as a scientific failure, because science is dead; idiocy and innumeracy have won a total victory. And though I will continue to be deeply confused when I see masked bicyclists on campus, I have realized that there is an ironic logic to their decision: after all, there’s no point in protecting your brain if you don’t plan on using it. At Stanford, nobody expects you to do either.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
My CO sent this to me. Interesting indeed.
Interesting...But I just got this today second/third hand apparently originating from someone at National Guard Bureau:

…...
BLUF: Continue to manage vaccinations (including all COVID vaccines) IAW AR 40-8. There are no new requirements for surveillance of personnel on flight status who are asymptomatic (cardiac or otherwise). Continue to refer symptomatic personnel on flight status for specialty evaluations, as clinically indicated.

Recently, there have been posts on social media regarding Army policy on COVID vaccination for aviators. This does not represent the consensus medical opinion of Army Aerospace Medicine and will have no bearing on current Army aeromedical policy.

The Army Aeromedical Activity (AAMA) is responsible for Army aviation medicine policy, especially the intricacies of "grounding" personnel on
flight status. This system is predicated upon local aviation medicine providers making risk assessments IAW evidence-based AAMA policy and forwarding recommendations to a command authority, who makes the final determination of fitness for duty. This integrated approach optimizes Army Aviation readiness and the safety of global Army Aviation flight operations.

AAMA's COVID policies have not changed - return to duty following COVID vaccination remains IAW AR 40-8, paragraph 7d. COVID vaccination should be encouraged for all personnel on flight status, as supported by quality scientific evidence. Continue active surveillance in your clinical and flight line encounters. If aviation personnel are symptomatic (whether after vaccination or confirmed disease), refer them for evaluation, follow previous "Post-COVID Return to Flight Status" & return to exercise profiling/guidance IAW Figure 11 and Appendix K of the latest "DoD COVID-19 Practice Management Guide."

Hopefully this won't be just another case of someone falling on their sword. But as we all know, HOPE IS NOT A PLAN.