• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Vermont's PFR from Mar 2020 to present is 0.05%, which is 1/4 of the national PFR from COVID-19. Several states have a PFR over 0.3%, and they span both 'red' and 'blue' states. Vermont's CFR fell from 1.15% during last winter to 0.6% now. And at the end of the day, we're talking about roughly 600 people getting sick in the span of a month out of a state that has a population of over 600,000.

This is what happens when people shift from tracking serious illness / death as a metric vice raw case count. Pointing to VT is barking up the wrong tree.

As for the increase in cases - one often not discussed factor of the EUA is that at the time of release, the Pfizer vaccine was only proven to be fully effective for 3 months, with an estimated efficacy lasting 6-9 months before a booster would be required. It may be that we're seeing a lot of people's vaccine wear off- 50% of Vermont's immunized population received their second dose before May 1st.

Last edited:

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Oh and there’s this:

Another governor “mandate” for all children in both public and private schools to get vaccinated. The article notes that Pfizer’s shots have been proven “safe and effective” for children, which isn’t entirely true. Theoretically effective is a more accurate term because since severe illness is so rare in children, it’s basically impossible to design a trial large enough to show efficacy. That’s right, they’re mandating a new vaccine for kids for a disease that’s such a remote threat they couldn’t prove efficacy.

But widespread vaccination is crucial for stamping out covid, so let’s force shots on people we know don’t need it. Just look at Vermont. Oops.

taxi1

pilot

Treetop Flyer

pilot
10 seconds spent googling... https://www.google.com/search?q=vermont+hospital+icu+unvaccinated

VDH Commissioner Dr Mark Levine said that those who are dying now from COVID-19 are either unvaccinated or vaccinated with at least one or likely more than one underlying health condition. Those who are unvaccinated are still taking the brunt of the disease, he said.

I bet the unvaccinated overwhelmingly also have one or more underlying condition. Dumb.

taxi1

pilot
I bet the unvaccinated overwhelmingly also have one or more underlying condition. Dumb.
So in a state where a significant majority are vaccinated with at least one shot...top health leaders said roughly 80% of those receiving hospital care for the disease during the past week have been unvaccinated. In intensive care units, the percentage during that period is even higher — approximately 84% of those being treated were not vaccinated.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
So in a state where a significant majority are vaccinated with at least one shot...top health leaders said roughly 80% of those receiving hospital care for the disease during the past week have been unvaccinated. In intensive care units, the percentage during that period is even higher — approximately 84% of those being treated were not vaccinated.

No doubt. It’s just silly the good doctor went out of his way to mention the vaccinated people in the hospital overwhelmingly have other risk factors, just like it’s always been regardless of vaccination.

Anecdote time: a friend of mine just went on disability from his airline career due to heart problems following his Pfizer vaccination. It will suck for him and his family if his health or career are significantly impacted due to him being forced to get vaccinated against a disease that posed no threat to him.

taxi1

pilot
Anecdote time: a friend of mine just went on disability from his airline career due to heart problems following his Pfizer vaccination. It will suck for him and his family if his health or career are significantly impacted due to him being forced to get vaccinated against a disease that posed no threat to him.
Well, that blows for your friend, and I hope he solves his heart problem issue.

That SIL who died was of course fat, by the way.

SlickAg

pilot
New York: nah, we’ll just call in the National Guard instead.

“Another goal should be to employ staff with the strongest possible immunity against Covid, as they are less likely to catch it and spread it to their patients. This means that hospitals and nursing homes should actively seek to hire staff that have natural immunity from prior Covid disease and use such staff for their most vulnerable patients.”

Also, the argument was previously made on here that cases don’t matter and deaths are the more meaningful statistic. I agree, but don’t more cases mean more spread of the disease, thus leading to more deaths since more people get it? In this case, why is this still spreading despite such high vaccination rates? Are we mandating vaccines for people to save themselves or to save people from other people?

Last edited:

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It will suck for him and his family if his health or career are significantly impacted due to him being forced to get vaccinated against a disease that posed no threat to him.
No threat. Really? How can you possibly know that? Thousands of people have died that had no known comorbidity. This is the type of hyperbola that does nothing for either side of the arguement.

I had three listed comorbidities when I got covid. Many people would have had me fitted for a casket. Instead, it was incredibly mild. No one, including the CDC , truly knows enough about the virus to make definitive statements that hold true across all demographics, geography, and health conditions. Best guess is vaccination works as a public health measure.

As someone who spent 3 years on airline disability, wondering if I'd get back to the line, I wish your buddy the best.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
No threat. Really? How can you possibly know that? Thousands of people have died that had no known comorbidity. This is the type of hyperbola that does nothing for either side of the arguement.

I had three listed comorbidities when I got covid. Many people would have had me fitted for a casket. Instead, it was incredibly mild. No one, including the CDC , truly knows enough about the virus to make definitive statements that hold true across all demographics, geography, and health conditions. Best guess is vaccination works as a public health measure.

As someone who spent 3 years on airline disability, wondering if I'd get back to the line, I wish your buddy the best.
He’s a 36 year old healthy runner. His odds of facing a severe outcome from covid are effectively zero. That’s not hyperbola or hyperbole.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
He’s a 36 year old healthy runner. His odds of facing a severe outcome from covid are effectively zero. That’s not hyperbola or hyperbole.
The facts do not support that. Even then, your original statement was "no" threat. And I suggest your statement above should be edited to note, "no known heath issues". Arthur Ash dropped dead of a heart attack as did Jim Fixx.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
The facts do not support that. Even then, your original statement was "no" threat. And I suggest your statement above should be edited to note, "no known heath issues". Arthur Ash dropped dead of a heart attack as did Jim Fixx.
It was raining today but I still walked the 15 yards necessary to my car. Then I drove in the rain. Both decisions flew in the face of my non-zero chance of dying by lightning strike or traffic accident. That’s about the risk a healthy young person faces from covid. Splitting hairs isn’t even accurate to describe what you’re doing because the margins are larger there. The point is that there are consequences to blanket mandates.

He says his doctor told him he’s seen a noticeable increase in young men with his symptoms.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
The inflammatory myocarditis/pericarditis people are experiencing post-vaccine is typically short and self-limited. More importantly it’s not transmissable unlike, for example, a respiratory virus one might carry.

Sorry to hear about your friend but your analysis the odds of getting sick vs the risks of being sick in the context of transmissibility, especially for someone who works in mass transit doesn’t track with reality.
The condition you assumed my friend has is typically “short and self-limited” whatever the fuck that means? What does that mean? What condition does he have? Why are you acting like you know anything about it?

How many people have been infected by pilots? What’s the infection rate of pilots compared to the general population? What tracks with reality? Can you form a sentence?

Thanks for your first post. You’re off to a bad start.