• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April IDC Boards

exNavyOffRec

I enlisted after I got my degree to hopefully make up for it. Does leadership as an NCO and commendations from commanders ever make up for a subpar GPA if OAR is high?

enlisted recruiters often say "once enlisted your GPA doesn't really matter", and that is BS, your GPA is still your GPA it is with you for life. I have seen several people with decent GPA's that could have been picked up for OCS, enlist on the advice of an enlisted recruiter and then shoot themselves in the foot, they were good in college and good background but an average sailor, and average sailors don't go to OCS.

Don't mean to derail thread but I thought SWO age limit is 29? Why did you need a waiver?

For SWO it says you can't pass your 29th birthday before commisioning, and I turn 29 next month, so no way I can commission before then.

and @NavyOffRec , yes sir, enlisted recruiters have been known to steal some souls to make quota. I've enjoyed my time as enlisted and wouldn't trade it. I've gotten some great LOR's from my CO's and senior enlisted. Hopefully that helps. I'm definitely not making excuses for my GPA, just have grown up a lot since messing around in college.

exNavyOffRec

For SWO it says you can't pass your 29th birthday before commisioning, and I turn 29 next month, so no way I can commission before then.

and @NavyOffRec , yes sir, enlisted recruiters have been known to steal some souls to make quota. I've enjoyed my time as enlisted and wouldn't trade it. I've gotten some great LOR's from my CO's and senior enlisted. Hopefully that helps. I'm definitely not making excuses for my GPA, just have grown up a lot since messing around in college.

SWO can waiver to age 31, month for month waiver for active duty time.

What is your exact GPA? NRC goes to two decimal points X.XX

2.48 which I'm sure will get me laughed at when the board convenes. But, it is higher than the 2.2 listed on the program authorization for Intel so who knows. We'll see how much my "whole person" plays into it.

exNavyOffRec

2.48 which I'm sure will get me laughed at when the board convenes. But, it is higher than the 2.2 listed on the program authorization for Intel so who knows. We'll see how much my "whole person" plays into it.

ah, that explains things, the minimum cummulative GPA for aviation is 2.50 and they don't round up.

What if I had a Navy Cross? I'll go hitch hike to Afghaniland if I have to. I know some guys over there, i'll just sneak in with their squad.

exNavyOffRec

Min GPA for SWO is 2.8 now. New PA just came out.

no shit! well I guess some community thinks they can be more selective!

The biggest question is what will aviation do when they find out their standards are now LOWER than SWO?

I wonder how many are going to get bit in the ass by this that haven't been to board yet.

jagger18

Hi everyone,
I've been on this forum and the Navy OCS forum for a while, but this is my first post. I'm applying for Intel for the delayed April Board.
Here are my stats:
Male, non-prior
OAR- 53
B.A Sociology-Anthropology
M.A Global Socio-Cultural Studies
GPA- 3.2
Interviewed by 2 Intel officers, didn't look at their ranks. Interview was set up by my OR.
LORs- 1 retired O-3 /College professor, 1 retired O-3, 1 college professor, 1 former employer.
Extracurriculars: College newspaper editor, Students for Environment Action, extensive volunteer experience, Tri-club member. I regularly compete in triathlons and 5ks.
I have extensive work experience and was Operations Manager at my last company for 2 years.
I spent part of my teenage years living in Latin America and speak fluent Spanish.

Feel like I'm hit or miss.

loui86dz

Do or do not... there is no try-Master Yoda
The board is tomorrow. Good luck everybody! Hopefully the decisions do come out by mid May.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Good luck everybody!! Keep us posted, RUFiO.

Yeah sure got it
siesta.jpg

PVD_EOD

Hey All,
New to the forums here. I'm in for the April board as well. Good luck to those who are in it as well.