• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April IDC Boards

Per NOPO, selection rate was only 16% this board and that they are filtering us in to the FINSEL with the possibility of the Aug31 or Sept21 class...Congrats all my fellow selectees!

44magnum

For a highly selective community like Intel, would submitting a letter of reconsideration even stand a chance? Would someone even look at it or would it just be thrown into the pile for the next board that may or may not ever take place?

I've made substantial progress educationally and professionally since I submitted back in March, and I think an updated application would be very competitive.

Mary223

Pro rec - y for Intel!!

Also for 44magnum, this was my second time applying for Intel and I had a 9 point improvement on my ASTB to a 57 as well as adding the flight section and receiving straight 6s. I improved a few minor things as well, but the ASTB was the big change. My OR seemed to think the 9 point improvement was the ringer. I was also picked up for NFO, but I took Intel. Hope this helps!

Sache

Pro rec - y for Intel!!

Also for 44magnum, this was my second time applying for Intel and I had a 9 point improvement on my ASTB to a 57 as well as adding the flight section and receiving straight 6s. I improved a few minor things as well, but the ASTB was the big change. My OR seemed to think the 9 point improvement was the ringer. I was also picked up for NFO, but I took Intel. Hope this helps!

Are you AD?

What about the LOR and the mission statement? Do they need to be altered on re-submission?

My ATSB score was very average...took it on a whim they day I went in not realizing I was going to pursue the Navy route seriously. Especially for a non-AD to compete with the prior served.

loui86dz

Do or do not... there is no try-Master Yoda
Per NOPO, selection rate was only 16% this board and that they are filtering us in to the FINSEL with the possibility of the Aug31 or Sept21 class...Congrats all my fellow selectees!

Those class dates seem too early. Don't we need to have our background investigations for a Top Secret clearance done by then? I think NOPO might have been referring to the people selected in the boards held before ours when he gave that update.

Last edited:

Mary223

By AD, do you mean aviation mechanic? If so, then no.

I am not prior service, but the majority of my family has served. My Dad is a retired LDCR P-3 pilot. I did rewrite my mission statement. I shaved it down and then made the language more professional. (I had a lot of people proofread and edit it for grammatical errors as well as repetition and unnecessary info. Remember they read a lot of these and yours needs be short, sweet, and memorable like any good resume really.) I had 2 letters of rec from retired Captains (one was in the Intel community, then other was a pilot who headed a squadron.) I had a third letter from an active duty Captain who used to be the head of the recruiting office in the district near my parent's house. I had the same letters when I applied the first time. As I said, the big change for me was my improvement on the ASTB which was all thanks to the gouge on this website, a good study book, and a lot of plane talk with my dad. When you resubmit, you do need to submit a letter of reconsideration. Again, short and sweet, pointing out exactly how you have improved your packet.

This is all based on my personal experience and the information given to me by my OR.

Mary223

I don't think the length of your motivational statement matters. I think its the quality of what your saying that matters. My personal statement took up most of the space on the form and contained 1,205 words.

I believe that's probably true. My essay style tends to run towards flowery, so I had to condense. Quality is definitely key.

Those class dates seem too early. Don't we need to have our background investigations for a Top Secret clearance done by then? I think NOPO might have been referring to the people selected in the boards held before ours when he gave that update.

From what it says today is that those IDC selects from April's board are being factored in. You don't have to have TSI clearance granted, just the investigation started when you head to OCS. However, I had mine conducted in April/May for some reason.

loui86dz

Do or do not... there is no try-Master Yoda
From what it says today is that those IDC selects from April's board are being factored in. You don't have to have TSI clearance granted, just the investigation started when you head to OCS. However, I had mine conducted in April/May for some reason.

It would be awesome if we get sent to an OCS class this summer or fall, but I'm preparing myself to wait a year to go to OCS. My officer recruiter had me contact Fleet Cyber Command to schedule a SCI prescreen interview for this wednesday. I'm not really sure what comes next after that. I'm guessing a lot of waiting lol

Mary223

Time to head over to the final select purgatory thread. See y'all there! Also, if anyone has questions about OCS dates, boards, and finsels check out the National OPO Blog.

exNavyOffRec

Pro rec - y for Intel!!

A disclaimer on what I am going to post is that every senior member sets their priorities. I was lucky enough to be at an NRD with a few officer in the IDC community, the info they picked from the people that had the opportunity to sit on the board was that what they viewed as most important was degree, GPA, LOR's, and motivational statement, OAR rec'd just a glance.

The FOFAR, and PFAR add no value to non aviation designators as they gauge how a person might do in flight school, taking it did give you an option as you were picked up NFO.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Reconsideration packages can matter if you make improvements. You also have the opportunity to explain to the board what improvements have you made and why you won't take NO for an answer.

On a related note, for those not selected, Id highly advise reaching out for those who did. What were their stats? How did they write the motivational statement? Etc. As an OR, I can't share contact info amongst applicants. However, on here there's several if not dozens of folks in the same shoes as you are and can be a valuable resource to access.

chihon fung

Reconsideration packages can matter if you make improvements. You also have the opportunity to explain to the board what improvements have you made and why you won't take NO for an answer.

On a related note, for those not selected, Id highly advise reaching out for those who did. What were their stats? How did they write the motivational statement? Etc. As an OR, I can't share contact info amongst applicants. However, on here there's several if not dozens of folks in the same shoes as you are and can be a valuable resource to access.

Reconsideration packages are the same as resubmitting another OCS package? Difference?

I will be resubmitting for 1830 with improvements, but will be adding some extra items.