• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April IDC Boards

44magnum

It's the same thing

I thought they were different, but I could have misunderstood. I thought the letter of reconsideration could be submitted within 6 months after results, regardless of board schedule, as long as the applicant has a significant improvement to his or her package. The updated packages would then be reviewed on a rolling basis.

My recruiter seems unfamiliar with this, but I've read about it on this site before.

Fortunately, I was picked up for SWO, so I hopefully won't be around for the next Intel board anyway. I just thought it might be worth a shot. Either way, I'd proudly serve the rest of my Navy career as a SWO. I'm only slightly disappointed I didn't make Intel.

IDC Applicant

I would suggest AGAINST submitting any sort of reconsideration and just submitting a whole new package. I submitted a reconsideration following the December board (to be reviewed in Feb) but it was shot down by the program manager before it even made it to the board. The worst part is that there was no feedback from the program manager to my CoC, so we had no idea until my name wasn't on any of the Pro-Y/Pro-N lists for the Feb board. I submitted nearly the same package as the reconsideration but as a NEW package (also with more designator options) for the April board and got selected. Take it or leave it but its the same price to submit a new package and its guaranteed to be reviewed at the board.

44magnum

I would suggest AGAINST submitting any sort of reconsideration and just submitting a whole new package. I submitted a reconsideration following the December board (to be reviewed in Feb) but it was shot down by the program manager before it even made it to the board. The worst part is that there was no feedback from the program manager to my CoC, so we had no idea until my name wasn't on any of the Pro-Y/Pro-N lists for the Feb board. I submitted nearly the same package as the reconsideration but as a NEW package (also with more designator options) for the April board and got selected. Take it or leave it but its the same price to submit a new package and its guaranteed to be reviewed at the board.
Yeah, that's about what I'd expect. But with the IDC boards so few and far between, well, some of us just can't wait that long.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

For NRD applicants, a reconsideration package means submitting a whole new package.

jagger18

I still haven't heard from my OR, and I'm getting worried. If I'm Pro-N, I plan to retake the OAR, add some experience to my resume and re-apply.

loui86dz

Do or do not... there is no try-Master Yoda
Since I was selected for SWO, I would have to deny my Pro-Y to resubmit for Intel and to retake the ASTB?

I was told that it doesn't look good to a new board when you resubmit a package after turning down a different community who selected you in a previous board. If you weren't interested in joining a certain community, you shouldn't have listed it as an option.

exNavyOffRec

I was told that it doesn't look good to a new board when you resubmit a package after turning down a different community who selected you in a previous board. If you weren't interested in joining a certain community, you shouldn't have listed it as an option.

Bingo!

exNavyOffRec

A few things that frequently don't get put out to the fleet from NRC is that NRC does not like to see any signatures over 6 months old when the board convenes, so if they know a board is pushed they will send an application back, the other is feedback, I can't tell you how many AD guys I would look up info on and give them a status that their COC didn't know, I ended up with a working relationship with a few CCC to help pass info to them on boards and such.

I am not surprised you were picked up as everything you have listed on your signature is what they look for AND your are AD in an IDC rate. SWO IP has very small numbers each FY so not only is it a big accomplishment to get IDC but getting SWO IP is something else.

IDC Applicant

A few things that frequently don't get put out to the fleet from NRC is that NRC does not like to see any signatures over 6 months old when the board convenes, so if they know a board is pushed they will send an application back, the other is feedback, I can't tell you how many AD guys I would look up info on and give them a status that their COC didn't know, I ended up with a working relationship with a few CCC to help pass info to them on boards and such.

I am not surprised you were picked up as everything you have listed on your signature is what they look for AND your are AD in an IDC rate. SWO IP has very small numbers each FY so not only is it a big accomplishment to get IDC but getting SWO IP is something else.

Thank you, I don't recall seeing anyone selected for SWO-IP the past two boards. But yeah, feedback seems like a real issue all around for the OCS program.

AE2ENSIGN

Hey guys, I just recently submitted my OCS package for the next round of AMDO, SWO and INTEL Boards this past week. I understand that the next IDC board should be around Mid-September. Also, I guess the Fall AMDO board is not going to be held since they only do one a year, which is kind of a bummer. But, I did the math, and my medical forms should be good until the next round of SWO and INTEL boards, since the forms are only good for 90days. Below are my stats, do they sound competitive?

29 yr Male E-6 ( 5 years active, 5 years selective reserve total service time 10yrs)
Applying for SWO/ Intel/ AMDO (in that order)
4 LORs- Retired SWO O-6, Retired Navy Doctor O-5, Separated O-2 that handles Naval Academy candidates for Southern California, College Mathematics Professor
3 Interviews- O-4 SWO got a 9 on the interview, O-5 INTEL got a 10 on the interview, O-4 AMDO got a 10 on the interview.
Major: B.A in Political Science 3.94 GPA
46 ASTB
Evals: MP, MP, EP, P (because of being a newly capped first class).
Collateral Duties: Command Fitness Leader, LPO for two work center divisions, Plane Captain Qualified.
Awards: NAM, JSOY resulting in CAP to E-6, JSOQ, Good Conduct Medal, EAWS Qualified.
Secret Clearance still current
Submitted Package: June 2014
Pro-Rec: ?????
FS: ?????
OCS: ?????