• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 09 Boards

FalconPunch

Applying BDCP SNA, SNFO:

21 years old, graduating May 2011
GPA: 3.0 Aerospace Engineering/ Astrophysics
ASTB: 5/5/6 53
6 LOR's: Professor, Advisor, 2 Employers, and 2 Professional Engineers (mentors)
PRT: excellent low
Flight experience with CAP
Member of Solar Car

Just hoping to find out how I do, and good luck to everyone else!

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
thanks for the info..

That's interesting about the SWO acceptance ratio. Do you have any idea why it is more competitive that acceptance in aviation?

Also, when you say interviews for SWO, what do you exactly mean? I am a bit confused as to what that means. And I am not familiar with anyone that works at the navy yard so would have no idea just how to go down there and start talking to people...haha.

thanks alot for your comments. Any more advice I would greatly appreciate.

My guess is that, due our increased involvement in contingency operations overseas, our need for those who can fly has greatly been increased to fuel demands and fill billets. SWO demands may not be as great due to high retention and a Navy wide manpower drawdown that effects some communities (enlisted and officer) different then others.

Interview are optional for civilians, but us active duty guys need a minimum of 3 interviews. When you interview with an officer, they have to fill out a form, which is NAVCRUIT 1131/5, to include with your LORs and the rest of your application package. You should be able to Google the latest version. Like I said, interviews are not required, so having 1 or 2 could set you apart from the rest and increase your odds.

You don’t need to know anyone there, just let them know what you want and I’m sure they would be happy to help out a SWO hopeful. Case in point… I wanted to get a flag supply person (General or Admiral) to interview with. The nearest flag officer was a Army Brigadier General (O-7), who is the Commander of the Defense Supply Center in Columbus. I didn’t know anyone there, but that didn’t stop me from calling the Gen's office and talked the Gen's assistant (a Navy LCDR) and asking for an interview. It took me about a month to finally sit down with the General, but I got it (all 10s with an outstanding write-up).

You can get your OR to help, but you can easily do it yourself with no help and I’m sure the SWO officer may be impressed by your initiative and strong desire … the General was and included that in the remarks on my interview appraisal.

anghockey

Fleens? You're not Fleens!
I'm up for Intel/IW/SWO

-22/F
-University of Chicago: 3.15 Overall, 3.5 in Major (History)--Honors Qualified
-ASTB: 3/3/4 OAR 45 (didn't study . . . taking it again on the 2nd)
-Co-Curriculars: Alpha Phi Omega, National Service Fraternity (Chapter President--done over 500 volunteer hours in college) Club Ice Hockey (Tri-Captain), NISCAA Academic All-American Swimmer (high school)
-LORs: C.O. of Intel programs at Great Lakes, Fmr supervisors at US Dept of State and State of New York, two professors,
-Strong Motivational Statement
Languages: Fluent in French, Can get by in Hindi-Urdu (Literate in the former), Can get by in Hebrew (literate) . . . also have an extensive background in dead Classical languages, which does, approximately, nothing.

Extras:
-Prior work in the IC
-Extensive travel background (I get antsy being in the same place for too long!)
-Nominated for two Student Leadership Awards at U of C, won one leadership and one academic award in high school

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
So it looks like I probably won't be in this board now either...my MEPS physical is past 90 days now, and my OR won't send me until I have that and the PRT completed (as opposed to after pro-req but before final select, like some NRDs do). So I guess I'llbe visiting them in the next week or two, and joining up with the next batch of candidates in the May boards...and I thought waiting through 3 boards already was hard enough, lol...at least it gives me more time to get a great PRT and to really look good for my pics when I do finally swear in, lol.

CJ21S

E-2 Bubba
pilot
Hoping to get on the Board

So my package has taken a ridiculous time to pull together but it was submitted at the beginning of march (yeah like the 2nd day so missed those boards by a day or two!). I'm hoping its get seen but you never know.
Either way I'll give the run down of my stats-
21-M
ASTB-6/6/6-56
3.25 GPA but I am retaking a class so hopefully it should be up to 3.4 soon. Got be BA in Poli Sci+Psychology
1 1/2 mile-9:30
PU-60
SU-80
LOR's- 4 from Captains, 1 from a professor and 1 from my head lifeguard
Extra Curricular's- Played Varsity soccer 3 years of college, played jv lax and basketball all 4 years. Been a representative on Judicial Board, Class gift chair for my class, President of Big Events committee, editor for the school paper, radio show host for the campus station, acted in a couple performances too.
Other notes- Been an ocean lifeguard for the past 3 summers so Im pretty good at swimming, and I ran my first marathon at 19 and am training for my second one now.
O yeah I am applying just for Aviation, figured might as well for the first time around

Thats all. Hope I at least get seen and good luck to everyone that does!

Jynx

*Placeholder*
Contributor
For anybody going Intel, Have you guys been told that the next board is May? I was told I'd be waiting for the May boards to hear back about Intel because it's the next one coming (Was told this in Feb)

Oh and
3.4 GPA
7/7/8 - 57
3 LoRs, Professor, Congressman, FBI Agent
Intel/Swo/SuppO
Spanish, and Russian (though not 100%)

SWOHopeful

Just found out my package was not even seen for March:icon_rage I have no clue how that happened and I'm just hoping I'm seen in April...who knows right...

rbwill2

any word on when we'll hear if we made the board or not? i'm due for some good news here (see profile pic).

Reactions: m26

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
My OR said sometime around the 15th. So hopefully by the end of that week we'll know for sure.

jdw006

Finally got mine off.

5/5/4-55
50 PU/80 SU/11 min. in the 1.5
Really good motivational statement
Pretty good LORs
3.6 GPA Political Science-Sam Houston State
Couple honor societies
Quite a bit of volunteer work
College rugby, varsity HS(Texas 4A Bi-district champion/defensive captain) football, track, baseball
Life Scout with several awards
Applying SNA/SWO/INTEL

BTP1368

Pro-Rec SWO!!!
It is finally April! It seemed like March took forever to get through. Now we just have to wait a couple more weeks. It looks like there are some pretty competitive applications going up for review in April, good luck everyone.

shark505

i think i snuck in for april boards....took forever to get a transcript from the school I took a couple classes at a few summers ago...doing BDCP, got another year of school left

1. SNA
2. CEC
3. NFO

ASTB: 8/8/7/57
Civil Engineering Major with Architectural Engineering Cert. & History Minor at Duke University
2.9 GPA (low I know)
2 years Varsity Swimming
1.5 years Air Force ROTC (saw the light after further reviewing my options)
Historian for my fraternity
3 LOR's (Marine O2 at flight school, AF 05 (ROTC commander), Navy Reserve O4 (professor) )

again, going for BDCP

good luck to everyone!

usmcjhwk

I barely missed the March boards, so I am with everyone here awaiting the April Boards

I am going for NFO

6 yrs prior service (USMC)

5/6/6 55 OAR

BBA with majors in Management and Economics
GPA 3.37

I have numerous awards and like BIFF a combat action Ribbon, from two deployments in support of OIF.

I have LOR's from my Regiment CO (0-6 USMC), my platoon commander and Platoon SGT

PRT 100 SU, 80 PU, 9:15 run

I am 27, and am ready to get this thing started, I hope I have a chance, and good luck to everyone.

I am hoping to get some feedback from anyone...