• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 09 Boards

jdw006

usmcjhwk - look strong, but I'm also applying too and have no background. Like most would/will say, it's up to the board now. Good luck to my fellow applicants

Big Biff

Got Em
Wow Jayhawk, your package is pretty damn close to mine, age and experience wise... Too bad your on the wrong side of the state line... M-I-Z-Z-O-U

btw, were you an Ammo tech?

usmcjhwk

yeah, I hear you Biff, I wish I could say being a fellow Marine is enough, but I can't say I agree with the MIZZOU idea. Its amazing what happens when you get rid of a coke'd out head coach, and get to recruuit off campus because your kids stopped sleeping with the AD's wife... You finally compete!!

all in good fun, by the way!

No, I was a TOW gunner with 24th Marine Regiment HQ, but we were disbanded, so I lat moved to COMM, so I didn't have to transfer to Springfield

Big Biff

Got Em
Disbanded, wow what a shame... Tows were the only thing on the entire base considered grunts. Yea I worked out of the RG Finance office from 03-05. That's odd, two close packages coming from the same area to the same board.

Anyway good luck to you, and somebody tell that slob Mangino to start weight watchers or something, otherwise everyone in Missouri will cry tears of happiness when he keels over on the 50 yard line after a touchdown/peanut butter + bacon sandwhich induced heart attack

rbwill2

you know what would be reeeaaallllly cool? if i got a call from my OR saying i made the boards, instead of sitting here wondering if i'll have to wait another month. shouldn't we be finding out soon?

Big Biff

Got Em
you know what would be reeeaaallllly cool? if i got a call from my OR saying i made the boards, instead of sitting here wondering if i'll have to wait another month. shouldn't we be finding out soon?

About 12 days. In March the board released the results early on the Friday 13th, obviously luck was not on me and the other rollers' side.. So 2 more thursdays or so and we will know.

anghockey

Fleens? You're not Fleens!
Retook the ASTB and went up to 4/4/4 45. Every little bit helps I guess.
I know Intel and IW take >5%. Does anyone know the stats on SWO?

anghockey

Fleens? You're not Fleens!
Wow, those are some daunting numbers for SWO. Everyone over at usnavyocs.com who applied for it was selected. ieeeeeeeee

ChaseB172

my app

How does my application look?

Fields of choice: 1) Intel (?) 2) SEALs 3) Pilot

School: 4 years NJROTC. Sophomore at University of W. Florida. Around 60 credit hours completed.

Major(s): International Studies: Security and Diplomacy, Political Science, and History.

Languages: French, Japanese, Spanish, English.

Recommendations: 2 Navy O-5's, 1 Navy MCPO, 1 USAF O-6, Fraternity HQ Director of Expansion, Dean of Students at UWF.

Physical/Technical Quals: Passed PT test in NJROTC easily, great swimmer/surfer/SCUBA diver, experienced in flying small planes, privately taught in target shooting and marksmanship, great with computer hardware/software, paintball/airsoft player, past Academic and Drill Team commander in NJROTC.

I also am familiar with with the Florida Institute of Human and Machine Cognition in downtown Pensacola Florida, a very interesting laboratory that specializes in robotics, computers, and things like that.

Also, my dad was a Navy Boatswains mate back in the 80's, my grandpa is a lawyer, and my great grandpa was a WW2 Army veteran.

I know I'm a bit young, but it's looking like ill get the BDCP if i keep up with my application, PT test, and finish the ASTB.

I'm working hard on it!

Does anyone know if the Intel Selection Board meets at the end of April? I know some of the boards don't meet every single month....

Speedy3

Hey that blog is pretty intriguing. Does anybody have any idea what percentage of people who apply for a pilot position are actually on this forum? I bet its more than you'd think. Just coming here to put in my 2 cents. I've been lurking throughout my BDCP application process and the forum has been alot of help. The results could not come any sooner as far as I'm concerned.

my specs:
22 yo male
BDCP pilot only
3.1 GPA with a 7/7/6 58 ASTB
I've got some LORs from good guys (mostly personal, one former SEAL)
I'm a CFI/CFII rotorcraft helicopter with roughly 400 hrs
Lots of volunteering with the church and whatnot.

My recruiter seemed to think that the board basically only looks at GPA and ASTB primarily. Good luck all.

SWOHopeful

Does anyone here have consistent contact with their recruiter or is it normal not to talk to him/her for a few weeks? The only reason I ask is because I haven't spoken to mine in awhile but I figured because he is very busy. Also my package was submitted already and there is no reason to talk until the results come out. So is this normal for everyone else?

Big Biff

Got Em
Does anyone here have consistent contact with their recruiter or is it normal not to talk to him/her for a few weeks? The only reason I ask is because I haven't spoken to mine in awhile but I figured because he is very busy. Also my package was submitted already and there is no reason to talk until the results come out. So is this normal for everyone else?

I hastle mine every week or so, especially since like you my package wasn't seen last month. This week we should know who is being looked at by the board as the list gets released to the recruiters. If I had hastled mine last month, I wouldn't have been so let down on St. Pats... While recruiters are busy, they don't hold a candle to enlisted recruiters who constantly have a quota of 2-4 bodies enlisted a month... If my enlisted recruiter could keep in contact with me with 30 other dep'ers, I know for damn sure that an Officer Recruiter can keep in contact with 5-7.