• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 09 Boards

Krafty1

Head in the clouds
I keep in contact about once/week as well. I hate the 'hurry up and wait' game, I feel like I'm not doing something when I could be. So I hastled him for MEPS forms so I can get that scheduled. Waiting sucks.

CJ21S

E-2 Bubba
pilot
Grades

So I have had this on the back of my mind for a while but never asked flat out.
I am applying this month to be a pilot and have a pretty strong package I think but one thing has been bugging me. My freshmen year I was an idiot and failed introduction to literature. It was not part of my major just some elective that, being a cocky freshmen, I thought I could pass without working at. That being said even with the F my GPA is a 3.25 and I am retaking it this semester (will probably get an A-) which will replace my F, and raise my GPA by at least a tenth of a point. That being said my grade isn't in yet and so obviously is not in my package. My question is then how detrimental is this to my overall package. Like I said I feel like I have a fairly strong package but is this one blemish something to worry about?
Any kind of response would be greatly appreciated!

jdw006

I think it will make little to no difference. If you submitted a transcript during this semester it should reflect the classes you are taking, and they should see that you are trying to improve yourself. 3.25 seems to be plenty competitive. I only speak as to what I know as I am before the board myself.

Lobster

No one can really predict what the board is going to do but I would not worry to much about it. I had a D+ in accounting I and a D- in accounting II last year on my transcript and submitted that into the boards, all my other grades were squared away and I got selected. Again, they look at the total package. Also it was freshman year, you're a senior I wouldn't think they'd weigh to heavily on it.

Big Biff

Got Em
No one can really predict what the board is going to do but I would not worry to much about it. I had a D+ in accounting I and a D- in accounting II last year on my transcript and submitted that into the boards, all my other grades were squared away and I got selected. Again, they look at the total package. Also it was freshman year, you're a senior I wouldn't think they'd weigh to heavily on it.

Kurtzie you didn't get selected for Supply did you??? Fuzzy math with the financials might be frowned upon in the Navy.;)

Lobster

Kurtzie you didn't get selected for Supply did you??? Fuzzy math with the financials might be frowned upon in the Navy.;)

Haha nope SNA, and they were not in my major, my OR told me they don't put accountants or lawyers in cockpits...:p

Big Biff

Got Em
Haha nope SNA, and they were not in my major, my OR told me they don't put accountants or lawyers in cockpits...:p

Oh don't tell me that, half of my major is accounting... (Business Admin/Finance). Unfortunately, I didn't realize how much I hated business until my senior year... Oh well, 9 days and a wake up...

Lobster

Oh don't tell me that, half of my major is accounting... (Business Admin/Finance). Unfortunately, I didn't realize how much I hated business until my senior year... Oh well, 9 days and a wake up...

I'm just saying what I heard...;). No seriously I'm a marketing and management double major and I just had to take the two accounting courses as part of the core curriculum for both majors. But it seems as though if you're not an accounting major you don't get above a D with any of the accounting profs here at Elmira but some how they are still teaching year after year...best of luck to you on the boards!

Res784

Anyone know how many pilot slots are left? I'm trying to pass info on to a friend of mine. Thanks!

Krafty1

Head in the clouds
I submitted on March 27th so I'm hoping I make the April Boards. I guess I'll know for sure sometime after the board meets on the 15th.

Big Biff

Got Em
Your recruiter can call in and confirm if you are going to be reviewed for this board. Evidently the review list wasn't released yet. It helps out alot to know one way or the other so you're not disappointed around April 18 after finding out you've been pushed to the May boards.

Jynx

*Placeholder*
Contributor
Just passing along word of mouth, but my OR is telling me that the list of peopole who made boards should be available next week. Mine said to ring him on wednesday earliest

biograd06

Princess of the Pulpmill
Just an FYI for all the April board people....

March Board Stats:

Pilot BDCP : 1/ 11 = 9.1% Pilot DA : 32/58 = 55.2%

NFO BDCP : 1/11 = 9.1% NFO DA : 41/56 = 73.2%

SWO BDCP: 2/29 = 6.9% SWO DA : 47/118 = 39.8%

DA meaning Direct Accession...ie, OCSers.

(These stats came from an OR and were posted over at navyocs.com)