• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 09 Boards

batesdl

Yea, the waiting game sucks bad. Especially when you want something so badly you can taste it. We will see I guess.

Dan

Waiting is all part of the game. I thought I was going to be up for the november boards then had a bunch of issues and then some more and Jan turned to March. But the prize at the end of the road makes all the waiting worth it. G'luck to you all and trust me the time between now and the board will go by faster than you think

Lobster

You guys will be surprised how fast it does go by, try to occupy your time and relax, good luck again!

rbwill2

Just hoping I can get into the April Boards. I applied in Nov, took the ASTB mid Dec and still haven't been promised April's Boards. Applying SNA only:

-6/6/7 55
-3.1 in Finance at Kentucky
-No LOR for former/active service members (LORs from current boss, HS basketball coach, teachers and professors)
-Apparently my motivational statement is good
-Played basketball and football in HS
-Held several positions in my fraternity (Rush Chair being the biggest)
-Can eat 10 skyline cheese coneys in one sitting

That last one was a joke. I'm hoping that all this waiting was for some crazy reason and everything works out.

BTP1368

Pro-Rec SWO!!!
rbwill2,

those skyline cheese coneys look delicious. hope u make it into april's boards, u have had a long wait already.

Krafty1

Head in the clouds
SNA/NFO
22 years old
Male
BS Aviation Flight Science 3.45 GPA
7/8/7 55 ASTB scores
5 LORs from bosses and flight instructors
Held a job throughout college
Currently hold a management position
Flight Experience:
Commercial Flight Cert: SE, ME, Instrument
Flight Instructor: CFI, CFII
Total hours around 290
no PRT yet

DHudock

Hey guys, So I've pushed back my package as well (I was supposed to be ready for March boards) Here are my stats, let me know what you guys think. I'm going for SWO and Supply

21 Yrs old.
I graduate in May for North Carolina State University
Business Administration degree with a concentration in Human Resource Management
GPA: 2.8
OAR: 46

LOR's: from people who knew me as a leader, former principal, CEO of the company I currently work for (multi-million dollar company), Former Navy Officer, Vice President of HR at Duke University

I had an interview with a current Capt, and he strongly recommended me for OCS, and for my capabilities as a Naval Officer.

My Extra-curricular include Varsity Football quarterback, captain lacrosse team, Vice President of the HR club at NCSU, I work 30 + hours at my current company (Property Management company) and I'm in charge of 11 Properties, and over 1,700 Residents and their leases.

I haven't taken my PRT yet, but right now I'm sitting at about 50pu, 70su, and 11:30 1.5 mile run.

My OR said that my motivational statement and my extracurriculars might be what pushes me through.

Let me know what you guys think.

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
well the 15th falls on a wednesday for april. Hopefully its not too long of a wait after that

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Could be a good thing I got rolled from July to August...pro-rec'd in August...Good Luck.

Yeah kurtzie and I were up for july with bacially similar apps and I made july and was a nonselect and in Aug hes was a select. Dont be bummed just get it in first chance you can.

I know straight ocs guys have been roled but deff. for bdcp if your apps is COMPLETE you should be reviewed, my second app was submitted on like the 27th of jan and was reviewed in Feb. all of you guys have awsome stats so i wish the best for ya"ll, g'luck and cheers while we pass the time.

traskilla

Heres my stats

Im going for BDCP
25 male No previous military.
Bach in Bus Man from Univ of North Florida
56 on ASTB
3.1 GPA
4 LOR, 1 from employer and three from retired military
Applying for Supply 1 and SWO 2

Let me know how I stack. Again Im going for BDCP not direct commission

Srp7286

-22 years old

-ASTB 44 4/5/5
GPA 3.0 Communications and History Minor. Temple University

LOR
E-7 Navy
0-4 Navy
Professor

No PRT yet

Speaks French almost fluently

Numerous Music awards in H.S.
Captain of rec. Soccer team

Volunteer Work for the past 9 years through my Church

All of this while working 24-30 hours a week while going to school full time.
City living aint cheap

1.SWO
2.SNFO
3.SNA

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
-22 years old

-ASTB 44 4/5/5
GPA 3.0 Communications and History Minor. Temple University

LOR
E-7 Navy
0-4 Navy
Professor

No PRT yet

Speaks French almost fluently

Numerous Music awards in H.S.
Captain of rec. Soccer team

Volunteer Work for the past 9 years through my Church

All of this while working 24-30 hours a week while going to school full time.
City living aint cheap

1.SWO
2.SNFO
3.SNA

Welcome to our lil crew! I grew up a few blocks from Temple U and did a summer internship there for chemistry and Biology research my 10th, 11th, and 12th grade year in H.S. Anyway… seeing that your in my hometown, I am going to help you out a bit.

I should suggest that you seek interviews from some senior officers to bolster your chances; your GPA is competitive as per general standards, but is at the bottom of that spectrum and your OAR trails significantly your civilian counterparts (most have 50s and above).

If you choose to get those interviews, Ship Systems Engineering Station (SSES) located at the Philadelphia Naval Business Center (formerly Naval Station Philadelphia and the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard). I am sure you could find some senior SWOs there (or in that area) to improve your odds. SWO acceptance ratio was about 22% for Feb (not sure about March, but I’m sure its similar) and is the most competitive community out of the 3 you have listed (aviation community acceptance is between 55% and 70%). Good luck!

Srp7286

thanks

thanks for the info..

That's interesting about the SWO acceptance ratio. Do you have any idea why it is more competitive that acceptance in aviation?

Also, when you say interviews for SWO, what do you exactly mean? I am a bit confused as to what that means. And I am not familiar with anyone that works at the navy yard so would have no idea just how to go down there and start talking to people...haha.

thanks alot for your comments. Any more advice I would greatly appreciate.

biograd06

Princess of the Pulpmill
Ask your OR to locate someone in the SWO community that is willing to interview officer candidates. I did mine with an XO of NROTC at a local university. Even if they are not nearby, a phone interview works too. That's how I did mine.

They (or at least mine) ask questions like "Why do you want to go SWO?" and "What qualities do you possess that make you think you would be a good officer?" and just general info about yourself, so they can get a better picture of you.