• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 09 Boards

Lobster

Anyway, question, of course: To everyone's best understanding, if my OCS app makes it to CNRC before the end of March it should be in the April board, correct? I will have my CO's meeting next week, then in the mail.

Just curious as I saw a couple of people mention 'getting into this month's board, but the not the previous month's' etc.

In theory, yes, but there's always the chance of a ton of rollovers from the previous month to push you farther down the line. I've even heard of several who applied one month only to get in 2 or 3 months later, but I think there were probably some issues with their app or their recruiters held it up for some reason, etc.

Just to go off this one of my friends here at school who is a Senior, was supposed to be up for the December boards, got rolled to Jan, then rolled to Feb. He finds out he'd be up for this month but hasn't signed his SF 86 yet so he will hopefully be up for April, every case is different but be prepared to wait.

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
Just to go off this one of my friends here at school who is a Senior, was supposed to be up for the December boards, got rolled to Jan, then rolled to Feb. He finds out he'd be up for this month but hasn't signed his SF 86 yet so he will hopefully be up for April, every case is different but be prepared to wait.

Active duty guys are not jerked around as much as civilians. If we send our package up in time to be reviewed for a particular board, then we are seen for that board (for the most part). I have NEVER seen an active duty person get rolled 2 or 3 months… that’s crazy!

Lobster

Active duty guys are not jerked around as much as civilians. If we send our package up in time to be reviewed for a particular board, then we are seen for that board (for the most part). I have NEVER seen an active duty person get rolled 2 or 3 months… that’s crazy!

Yeah well you guys have earned it haha, we haven't yet ;).

searcher79

That's encouraging, Renegade. As soon as I'm out of the CO's door I'm heading to the copy machine and then the post office. I'll glady lay down 100 bucks for next day, certified delivery.

Does FedEx send to PO Boxes? I know UPS doesn't.

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
NM, CNRC is a street address. FedEx it is.

Keep in mind that the mail sent to CNRC goes to a central distribution center in the CNRC complex, then it is delivered to the particular buildings (for fleet packages it will be BLDG 738 or something). I sent my package FedEx overnight on a Thursday but the fleet processor didn’t get my package until that following Monday. So, mail is delayed about a day in CNRC world, just to let you know.

Krafty1

Head in the clouds
Trying to get on this board, I take the ASTB this Wednesday and everything is else ready to go. Hopefully I don't get rolled. Going SNA/NFO only.

BTP1368

Pro-Rec SWO!!!
Hi all, I've been lurking on here for a while now. My OR said I should be up for review in April. Is there any way to find out for sure?

Here are my stats:

23 M (No prior military service)
Applying for SWO and Supply
B.A. in History and Psychology from Washington & Jefferson College
GPA 2.95 (Yes, I know it's low. However, I brought it up with 3.0 or above my last four semesters of college.)
OAR 67
Played 4 years of college water polo.
Was in a fraternity for 4 years and held several positions. Also, I was on the executive board for 2 years.
Held a job while at school.
A good amount of community service.
I have been a coach for a club water polo team.
I think I have a pretty good motivational statement.
I'm not going to put down all the stuff I did in high school. But, I have a lot.
Involved with a sports team post-college.
The only thing in my criminal background is one speeding ticket.

5 LOR's (2 from employers, 2 from professors, 1 from college water polo coach).

I have not done the PRT yet.

So, that about sums it up. I think I have a shot, but we will see. Is it too late to sacrifice a goat to the review board gods?...I keed. Anyway...good luck everyone.

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
Should be April Board as well

Applying SNA only
23 yrs
Male
BS Criminology CSU Fresno 2.7 gpa (sucks I know, but up from my last boards)
ASTB I believe i scored 7/7/6 don't remember my last score
LOR's: two from LCDRs (ret) and one from my flight instructor
Interviews: One from a LCDR from VFA-125 and one from the CO of VFA-125
PRT: 1 1/2 Mile 9:40, 50 pu, 50 su
Private Pilot's License, 55.8 in a PA-38 Tomahawk
Work experience: Retail store as a staff leader, Starbucks as a Key Hoder. Between the two jobs worked all thru college

Second time applying for SNA, hopefully i get it this time

Big Biff

Got Em
Sweetness, Just found out that my kit wasn't reviewed by the board in March, so now I get to wait another month.

SNA/NFO/SWO
27 years old
5 Years prior Service, Marine Corps Active Duty
Disbursing/Fiscal Clerk - 3d FSSG Okinawa
Disbursing NCO (department head) - M.C. Mobilization Command - Kansas City
Civil Affairs NCO - 3rd Civil Affairs Group, 3rd Batallion 5th Marines - Fallujah
OAR 45/5/5/5
BS in Business Administration from University of Missouri-Kansas City
GPA 3.6
2 Decent LORs from superiors in Iraq, 1 civilian LOR
Personal Awards:
Good Conduct Medal, Navy Achievment Medal, Combat Action Ribbon (Get Some)
Activities:
Chancellor/Vice President of Chapter Operations for my Business Fraternity.

Lobster

Sweetness, Just found out that my kit wasn't reviewed by the board in March, so now I get to wait another month.

SNA/NFO/SWO
27 years old
5 Years prior Service, Marine Corps Active Duty
Disbursing/Fiscal Clerk - 3d FSSG Okinawa
Disbursing NCO (department head) - M.C. Mobilization Command - Kansas City
Civil Affairs NCO - 3rd Civil Affairs Group, 3rd Batallion 5th Marines - Fallujah
OAR 45/5/5/5
BS in Business Administration from University of Missouri-Kansas City
GPA 3.6
2 Decent LORs from superiors in Iraq, 1 civilian LOR
Personal Awards:
Good Conduct Medal, Navy Achievment Medal, Combat Action Ribbon (Get Some)
Activities:
Chancellor/Vice President of Chapter Operations for my Business Fraternity.

Could be a good thing I got rolled from July to August...pro-rec'd in August...Good Luck.

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
Guess we (April board guys) are the stars of the ball now, since the March results are out - except for Supply (I’m soo pissed I got rolled out of March :icon_rage:icon_rage!!!). Well, all eyes are on April now!! Lot of good stats this month, glad most of them are to fly and not Supply ;).

Good luck to us all either way!

Wrightmolly

Hello All! I'm applying for April Boards too (hopefully!) and i just wanted to say Hi. Hope I see you all at OCS. I'll be the really tall blonde girl running really slow.

Good Luck.

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
these next couple of weeks are going to suck, i hate the wait to find out, oh well, good luck everyone:)