• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AMDO Info

Bam Bam

FTS AMDO
Thanks AD1! I just talked to my recruiter yesterday and she has been told that the board already met but they were holding results for some reason. I’ve been told that the board was going to meet three times since I submitted my kit in October. The dates for the board keep shifting right. I hope that your source is right because I’m SOOOOOOO ready to get this show on the road. I really want to get picked up as an AMDO or AEDO. Are you applying for this board?

AD1

FTS AMDO
I submitted my kit in March. I have been getting the run around just like you since then. I'm applying for AMDO. I wish they would tell us yay or nay so we can get on with our lives.

jetullis6

Been there done that
Ok I am applying for AMDO active in AUG just sent in my package yesterday.... Good luck with yours!

ltedge46

Lost in the machine
None
My brother is a current AD O4 AMDO, although he's not on the boards I can certainly ask him to provide some advice or info if you're willing to email him. He was a prior reserve E5 Aviation Structural Mechanic - Equipment (AME) and was passed over for E6 several times, talked to an officer recruiter and picked up an AMDO spot instead. His degree was in accounting but with his prior technical experience he got the nod. Went through training back in 2002 and has since served in F-18, E-2/C-2, ships company and is now at NAVAIR, just got verbals as a CAGMO. PM me if you want his details. Good luck on the boards, you look qualified to me.

Bam Bam

FTS AMDO
AD1, I'm glad you are hearing something! I have heard nothing new from my recruiter. Mine still maintains that the board already met but they are holding results for some reason............ I hope that the 29th holds true!

JackyB

Congrats. Patience is rewarded.....I know easy for me to say ...hahaha, anyway good luck in your soon to be new assignment.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I found out this morning that I was Pro Rec'd for AMDO. Its an awesome feeling but I also feel bad for those who got bad news today. Thanks for all the advice that I've received on AW.
Congrats Bam Bam, been waitin' to see that news. You'll be a great asset & addition, with the wealth of experience you bring to our valued Naval Aviation Maintenance community!:)
Aviation_Maintenance_Officer_Insignia.png
BzB