• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AMDO Info

I found out yesterday that I was not Selected again for AMDO DCO for the 2nd time. I am not sure if I am going to waste my time Submitting another package again!!!

RotoGenisis

I am sorry to hear that Tim. Your qualifications looked impressive. It gives me pause, wondering how my package even had a chance. I know you're full of emotion, but I would consider putting in again if the prospect of a career as a Navy Officer is your goal. I wish you luck, whatever you decide.

Roto

ReserveOfficerRecruiter

pilot
I found out yesterday that I was not Selected again for AMDO DCO for the 2nd time. I am not sure if I am going to waste my time Submitting another package again!!!

I know you are feeling pretty frustrated right now, but I would recommend sticking with it. I've had applicants apply up to 5 times before they were finally selected.

AD1

FTS AMDO
Tim,
I'm sorry to hear the bad news. Do you know your ranking compared to other candidates? Keep applying and you will be selected eventually. If you stop, you'll never know. Keep your head up.

-AD1

RotoGenisis

Guys/Gals,

I just got the news today that I was not selected for AMDO, it was my second attempt. I'm not sure what the missing piece to the puzzle is but, I'm going to try and strengthen my quals and attempt it again. FIW, my OR led me to believe that there were a lot of non-selects, so it might just have been a competitive group being reviewed. Good luck all!

Roto

AD1

FTS AMDO
I was commissioned on Oct 1st. Feels great after 2 years of keeping at it.

Anyone have any updates? Boards, milestones, etc...

-AD1

Bam Bam

FTS AMDO
I was commissioned on Oct 1st. Feels great after 2 years of keeping at it.

Anyone have any updates? Boards, milestones, etc...

-AD1

Congratulations ENS!

Hopefully you can make it to the all hands event at PAX River later this month and we can have a beer.

RotoGenisis

AD1,

Congrats! I am strengthening my package for a 3rd attempt and my OR believes there will be a new selection board in Jan. I'm hopeful that the third time is a charm. Any idea when you will try to attend DCOIC?

Roto

AD1

FTS AMDO
Thanks Roto.

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help before submitting your package. I will be attending DCOIC NOV 30th.
-ad1

This will be my last post on the AMDO Link. I was told by an AMDO Officer that since I am not an AT/AE or any aviation rate and don't work with like Navair or Boeing in the Civilian Sector that my chances of being Selected on my 3rd try are very slim. So I decided to not apply again, and not waste my time. Congrats to everyone who recently did make it!!!

Joey H

Abe1983,
I recently DOR out of the NFO program soon after IFS. I just started the re-des process and am hoping to get into amdo. If I could contact you for advice that would be very helpful. My personal email is Joeyhibner@hotmail.com
Ens. Hibner
AD1,

First off congrats on the PRO REC for AMDO. I was selected for NFO and went through OCS almost a year ago. I ended up failing out of IFS since I could not land a plane so just last week I was redesignated as an AMDO which is awesome and feel very fortunate. I will be starting AMO school on the 8th of July but I see you have not gone to OCS yet, if you need any info which you will find a lot out here but more personal for a prior I will answer as much as I am allowed to. I will give you my experience going through there as a prior. Well once again congrats and if you need anything let me know.

Ensign
Rocha

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Abe1983,
I recently DOR out of the NFO program soon after IFS. I just started the re-des process and am hoping to get into amdo. If I could contact you for advice that would be very helpful. My personal email is Joeyhibner@hotmail.com
Ens. Hibner

Do you have an aviation maintenance or STEM-related major? Also do you have any aviation maintenance experience. Unless you're willing to go SWO and assuming if that's open you're likely going to be sent home...