• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AMDO BOARD FEB 15

Daniel Parker

Now that the application window is closed does anyone know the number of applicants for this board? I believe someone posted there were around 70ish back in November so I'm definitely curious to see where that number topped off at. Thanks.

navyhaz

Reached out to the OCM (non voting member of the board). He has already reviewed all applications. The board is convening on schedule and will consist of a Commander and Commander select. The goal is to have results to CNRC for processing by NLT Tuesday morning (24 Feb 2015). How long CNRC takes to process the results is the question. I'd bet money on the fact that everyone will know their fate by COB Thursday. Good Luck everyone!!! I'm surprised this thread is only three pages. I guess that is a good thing? Not a lot of applicants!!!

jakeflow

Reached out to the OCM (non voting member of the board). He has already reviewed all applications. The board is convening on schedule and will consist of a Commander and Commander select. The goal is to have results to CNRC for processing by NLT Tuesday morning (24 Feb 2015). How long CNRC takes to process the results is the question. I'd bet money on the fact that everyone will know their fate by COB Thursday. Good Luck everyone!!! I'm surprised this thread is only three pages. I guess that is a good thing? Not a lot of applicants!!!

navyhaz, are you applying for AMDO or just being an informational NC? I saw you were prorec for swo?

navyhaz

navyhaz, are you applying for AMDO or just being an informational NC? I saw you were prorec for swo?

I was an applicant. I was told that if I waited to be reviewed by this board that I would not ship (selected for AMDO or not) until July. So, in order to get the the carrot faster, I formally removed myself from the AMDO board and took my selection to SWO-IP. My experience prior to being an NC is in aircraft maintenance (I love that shit but no advancement on the FTS side) and IP is the closest thing related to my degree.

I have several individuals at my command applying via this board. The information I obtain for them, I in turn share on this forum.

I forgot one thing. They do not disclose the number of applicants but historically net a 13% selection rate. Without knowing the number of applicants, its hard to gauge "how good" 13% is. From the tone, I'd assume the same 13% selection from this board.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

I was an applicant. I was told that if I waited to be reviewed by this board that I would not ship (selected for AMDO or not) until July. So, in order to get the the carrot faster, I formally removed myself from the AMDO board and took my selection to SWO-IP. My experience prior to being an NC is in aircraft maintenance (I love that shit but no advancement on the FTS side) and IP is the closest thing related to my degree.

I have several individuals at my command applying via this board. The information I obtain for them, I in turn share on this forum.

I forgot one thing. They do not disclose the number of applicants but historically net a 13% selection rate. Without knowing the number of applicants, its hard to gauge "how good" 13% is. From the tone, I'd assume the same 13% selection from this board.

Historically the number is single digits, they often have more but redesignations from OCS and such grab some as well.

jakeflow

Historically the number is single digits, they often have more but redesignations from OCS and such grab some as well.

Agreed, 13% sounds real high compared to real time stats. I know a person from the last 3 boards that were selected for AMDO and they sent me the Pro Rec list. I think the largest active duty number was 8 (selected). Got to be the hardest designator!

navyhaz

Agreed, 13% sounds real high compared to real time stats. I know a person from the last 3 boards that were selected for AMDO and they sent me the Pro Rec list. I think the largest active duty number was 8 (selected). Got to be the hardest designator!

13% came from the man himself and the conversation we had last week. So, based on eight selected that tells me there were 60ish applicants. This makes sense to me; people tend to not apply for AMDO because its required that you have experience in everything from W/C LPO all the way up to Safe for Flight. Knowing this and the stats of those selected in previous years(easy information to obtain), an applicant can almost right away determine if they are competitive... most are not and this deters them from applying. Competition is out of bounds! I agree that it's in the top four for hardest designators to get selected. The other three fall into the IDC category!

jakeflow

Well, let's hope that holds true. I was numerous W/C LPO's, now LCPO, phase and Safe for Flight qualified. Here's to hoping!