• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

All things MV-22 Osprey

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Couldn't you just walk to the back and use a gatorade bottle or something?

Why walk to the back?

I haven't had to use the Gatorade bottle trick with a female copilot, though. "You've got the scan from 9 to 12, AND DON'T SCAN PAST THE 12!"

skidz

adrenaline junky
He's a former Phrog guy... Probably the real reason is so that she doesn't get so enthralled with its massive length and girth that she can't operate the aircraft safely...
I thought you needed big balls to fly one of those bolt buckets. Are you confusing the ammo with the gun?

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
I had a female H2P use a gatorade bottle in a 60S without making a mess. I think she wins on degree of difficulty alone.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Can't remember if it was on here or where but I heard a story about a female Prowler NFO taking a crap in a helmet bag while in flight. Now that would take the cake.

MasterBates

Dumb question:

If you crap in the prowler, are you stuck with the crap until you land?

In the Helo, it would be jettisoned. Not sure how that's done in the E2C2 world.

If I ever think I will hit that point, I will go Astro-Nut style and just use depends. :D

Flugelman

Contributor
Crap in a P-3 and you get to empty the honey bucket, AND buy the crew a case of beer. (At least it usta be that way.) We watched the FE crap his flightsuit trying to make it to the head in the terminal in Barbados because he refused to crap in the plane.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dumb question:

If you crap in the prowler, are you stuck with the crap until you land?

In the Helo, it would be jettisoned. Not sure how that's done in the E2C2 world.

If I ever think I will hit that point, I will go Astro-Nut style and just use depends. :D

Hand it off to ECMO 3, they aren't doing anything else......:D

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
...In the Helo, it would be jettisoned. Not sure how that's done in the E2C2 world.

If no pax, you might get away w/ it in the COD (open the back...maybe). No such luck in the Hummer. Apparently it was tried once (flinging the bag out the CIC ditching hatch). It supposedly impacted one of the vert stabs with imaginable results. Since the AEC has a pressure bulkhead, it can be stashed in its bag next to the metal skin. High altitude temps have a way of solidifying things to keep the other 4 guys from strangling the perpetrator. Can only imagine if there was heat back there... There'd be an E-2 coming back w/ 4 souls on board.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Gosh darned whining babies, it's not like someone found out that it can't self deploy, it's just cheaper, safer, and less demanding on the airframes not to in this particular instance. They are getting paid for results, not fashion statements...

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Wow, I didn't realize the Corps already had 52 tilt-rotors, especially considering they've been asking some current Osprey studs to consider switching out of that pipeline to pure helos.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Wow, I didn't realize the Corps already had 52 tilt-rotors, especially considering they've been asking some current Osprey studs to consider switching out of that pipeline to pure helos.

Thats probably because the other platforms are hurting right now for personnel and not because of any indication that the MV-22s are going away.