• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
I think that he's referring to a rolling board that takes highly qualified candidates, which you are....but I heard that those boards haven't been a thing in years....so idk, ask your recruiter about it I guess

Thanks for the insight. Guess I will pick up the pieces of my hope again.

exNavyOffRec

I did not, just like @exNavyOffRec said, the Aviation OCM or NPC do not handle the quotas, board dates, that job belongs to NRC, so whatever information he gives me would probably just add to the general confusion we all have had in the past couple days, so I'd rather just leave it like that
Probably what happened is it was not submitted to NRC in time, or it was submitted and there was an error so it was kicked back for a correction then submitted past the due date, this is why it is important to get the application in weeks prior, especially if you are dealing with a recruiter that normally just deals with enlisted recruiting, different quality standards.

KaleDaSquid

Contributor
@exNavyOffRec I have been to NAMI's and did not get the whammy. Does that even get factored into a decision process? My recruiter seemed to think so, but with all the misinformation. I would appreciate your opinion.

Metromedic

Contributor
Probably what happened is it was not submitted to NRC in time, or it was submitted and there was an error so it was kicked back for a correction then submitted past the due date, this is why it is important to get the application in weeks prior, especially if you are dealing with a recruiter that normally just deals with enlisted recruiting, different quality standards.
Mine is my ORs first packet ?

exNavyOffRec

@exNavyOffRec I have been to NAMI's and did not get the whammy. Does that even get factored into a decision process? My recruiter seemed to think so, but with all the misinformation. I would appreciate your opinion.
no, it is a professional recommendation board, they only look at your professional record, they do not see or get anything medical related.

Raptor234

Welcome! Did you put yourself on the sheet?
I just requested access to it! My recruiter had mentioned something about there being tons of applicants for the October 26th board and that I wasn’t the only one from my district who got pushed to this board. I had finished and submitted my application around middle to end July. I had read also on the October 26th forum of others not seeing their name on the at board list so I do not know if that is due to something similar.

villo0692

@dvella12
so I folded and called the Aviation OCM, and to confirm what we have been thinking, he did tell me about the backlog on applicants due to covid and all of those things we've been talking about, AND he also confirmed that the one to set the numbers and board dates was CNRC and not CNPC, and therefore my best point of contact is the latter, through my recruiter.....so there's that. For what is worth, he did encourage me and everyone in this community to apply. There it is....

KaleDaSquid

Contributor
@dvella12
so I folded and called the Aviation OCM, and to confirm what we have been thinking, he did tell me about the backlog on applicants due to covid and all of those things we've been talking about, AND he also confirmed that the one to set the numbers and board dates was CNRC and not CNPC, and therefore my best point of contact is the latter, through my recruiter.....so there's that. For what is worth, he did encourage me and everyone in this community to apply. There it is....

I do not think the backlog was ever a question. I think the question was, whether the board was open or not. Thank you very much @villo0692! My personal opinion is they will have a good selection given they will want to maintaining manning throughout the hold period.

dvella12

I do not think the backlog was ever a question. I think the question was, whether the board was open or not. Thank you very much @villo0692! My personal opinion is they will have a good selection given they will want to maintaining manning throughout the hold period.
Good luck guys, like I said before if you can get that packet it just DO it. It’s very fluid so things can change in a split second from what I’ve been told.

My OR will not progress with me unfortunately but I’ll be happy to see any of you guys pull a selection off if the board convenes!

KaleDaSquid

Contributor
Good luck guys, like I said before if you can get that packet it just DO it. It’s very fluid so things can change in a split second from what I’ve been told.

My OR will not progress with me unfortunately but I’ll be happy to see any of you guys pull a selection off if the board convenes!

My packet has been submitted.

Good luck in the future, wish you the best of luck!