• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

villo0692

I also found this online after search CNRC boards...or something like that, I found this updated document, where you can see the last board date when it actually convened (26 Oct), with the date of the January board.....keep your heads up, there's nothing official from Navy Recruiting Command saying that board's been cancelled or anything.....worst case scenario we wait an extra ~3-4 months for the next board and we all get picked up.....in 25 years when you're the skipper of an aircraft carrier you'll be happy you waited

Mouselovr

Contributor
@dvella12
so I folded and called the Aviation OCM, and to confirm what we have been thinking, he did tell me about the backlog on applicants due to covid and all of those things we've been talking about, AND he also confirmed that the one to set the numbers and board dates was CNRC and not CNPC, and therefore my best point of contact is the latter, through my recruiter.....so there's that. For what is worth, he did encourage me and everyone in this community to apply. There it is....
Interesting. As other people said, a backlog was expected. Did he talk about shrinking quotas or just expect big delays to get started?

villo0692

Interesting. As other people said, a backlog was expected. Did he talk about shrinking quotas or just expect big delays to get started?
He told me that on his end he thinks that the numbers for the fiscal year were reached, and that's why he thinks there might not be a board till summertime, but he really overemphasized the fact that CNRC is the one to make all of these decisions, not CNPC, and therefore the former one is the one to make the call of whether there is a board in January or not.....and yeah they are the ones to set the numbers of people coming in, he said that he does not know if more or less people are getting picked up or not, that's a question for CNRC

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
He told me that on his end he thinks that the numbers for the fiscal year were reached, and that's why he thinks there might not be a board till summertime, but he really overemphasized the fact that CNRC is the one to make all of these decisions, not CNPC, and therefore the former one is the one to make the call of whether there is a board in January or not.....

Now that makes sense. If they cancel the board, that shows max and why the pipeline would need to be cleared. If they hold the board, they will use it to fill gaps in the selection til then. So best is to just wait.

Coffee & JP8

Packages were due today (at least through my OR). Had to call to triple check to confirm everything was in. They said its already in Tennessee. So I guess it passed through San Antonio NRC already, which it did not the past two boards.

villo0692

hey, at least none of us is applying to EOD right? they pick like 4 people a year hahha, and usually prior service EOD techs.....just goes to show how much worse could it be

Metromedic

Contributor
I just requested access to it! My recruiter had mentioned something about there being tons of applicants for the October 26th board and that I wasn’t the only one from my district who got pushed to this board. I had finished and submitted my application around middle to end July. I had read also on the October 26th forum of others not seeing their name on the at board list so I do not know if that is due to something similar.
Access? Its an open doc lol

Metromedic

Contributor
Now that makes sense. If they cancel the board, that shows max and why the pipeline would need to be cleared. If they hold the board, they will use it to fill gaps in the selection til then. So best is to just wait.
They might just cut the SNA and do SNFO as they have said they "need" SNFO. Nobodys applying.

Mike D.

Contributor
Does anybody know when applications are due for this board?

my recruiter just called and said that NRC moved app date to today and my recruiter and processor didn’t find out till just now.
I thought applications were due 12/11/20?

53/6/7/7

Metromedic

Contributor
Does anybody know when applications are due for this board?

my recruiter just called and said that NRC moved app date to today and my recruiter and processor didn’t find out till just now.
I thought applications were due 12/11/20?

53/6/7/7
They're due on 11 DEC. However, most places want them in a week or so prior for hit corrections, hence the 1 DEC due date, but that's a local due date and not a global due date. San Diego here wants it in by today as well as a few others.