• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

exNavyOffRec

Just wondering, since you're very experienced with the subject....besides the OAR and ASTB scores, what are the other factors that determine how competitive you are?

in regards to aviation it is PFAR and FOFAR depending on what you are going for, OAR doesn't matter. GPA will factor in as well but not as much as other designators, I have seen several candidates with outstanding GPA's and minimum PFAR or FOFAR get No's, while those with marginal GPA's and great PFAR/FOFAR get a yes. I would classify a marginal GPA as about 2.8 range, below that and it could be noticed as more of a negative thing.

The thing is each designator is different, Supply for example isn't a hard school to get through so they can look at not only degree, GPA, but also what that person has done, Nuke looks hard at grades to make sure they can get through nuke school and they have hard interviews, Aviation also needs to look at the best indicator of a person getting through their pipeline so that is why they focus on PFAR and FOFAR as that is the best indicator of a person succeeding, it isn't perfect but nothing is.

Reactions: A D

exNavyOffRec

It's minor in possession of mj charge, was a one time mistake I paid heavily for, albeit I still feel like this is something that hurts my chances a lot, especially with the low GPA. I assume I'll have to apply again (If I don't get a DNR this time around), feel like I need above a 60 and triple 9's or something along those lines to even be considered.
That is nothing, seen guys get picked up with DUI's, possession of MJ, reckless driving, etc....

What probably did you in were your minimum scores, you should have a decent show this time.

Reactions: A D

A D

That is nothing, seen guys get picked up with DUI's, possession of MJ, reckless driving, etc....

What probably did you in were your minimum scores, you should have a decent show this time.
Awesome, thank you for the insight I really appreciate it.

Coffee & JP8

Is auto qual still a thing? I’ve heard conflicting stories.
If its the "Aviation Immediate Selection Board" with scores of 7/7/7 or higher that you are referring to, then no. My recruiter told me I was eligible for that, but its been brought up a few times in recent forums that it has not happened for quite some time. Its still on the board schedule pdf, but unfortunately, it sounds like they have not updated it to take off this board.

A D

Took the ASTB recently(52 7/8/7), I, unfortunately, had the joystick cord come unplugged for maybe like 3-5 seconds not entirely sure how long specifically (a few of those seconds of me trying to figure out what happened, I was lucky the joystick lights up all blue, which helped me recognize what happened) during the last tracking section when you have to track with both the stick and throttle. I wasn't accepted the first time around at 48 6/6/6; which I somewhat expected with a low GPA (2.57) and a waiver. I have my commercials pilot's license (albeit I've been told prior flight time and ratings don't matter much). Not sure if my scores are competitive or good enough to get accepted with my GPA and waiver but my package is submitted to this board. I have a few LOR's from one pilot and one NFO (O2 and O4), one from my university's campus director, and an interview. I feel like I'm somewhat relying on prior flight time and my Interview/LOR's; as well as a note from my recruiter and from the APEX center (I believe that's the name, my recruiter was awesome enough to handle that for me) that sent me a note for my package, stating that I had my joystick come unplugged during my flight track portion. Good luck to everyone.
Correction (52 8,8,7)

Raptor234

Hello everyone I applied for the October 26th board but found out my package was pushed to this board.
ASTB: 54 7/7/7
Applying for SNA

Good luck to everyone!

villo0692

so, how is it that some people's packages get pushed to the next board like a couple ppl have said in the past couple days?

Raptor234

so, how is it that some people's packages get pushed to the next board like a couple ppl have said in the past couple days?
I had submitted in July for the October 26th board and when the at board list was posted I did not see my name. I was told for some reason it got pushed to this board.

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
Question all, I scored a 69 9/9/8 and my recruiter sent something about a monthly board. What is that? I called for clarification, have not heard anything.

villo0692

They probably had deficiencies that needed to be addressed. Did you call Capt. Woods?
I did not, just like @exNavyOffRec said, the Aviation OCM or NPC do not handle the quotas, board dates, that job belongs to NRC, so whatever information he gives me would probably just add to the general confusion we all have had in the past couple days, so I'd rather just leave it like that

villo0692

Question all, I scored a 69 9/9/8 and my recruiter sent something about a monthly board. What is that? I called for clarification, have not heard anything.
I think that he's referring to a rolling board that takes highly qualified candidates, which you are....but I heard that those boards haven't been a thing in years....so idk, ask your recruiter about it I guess