• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

RobertE

Full Send
Look at some of the previous posts on here. The pipeline is significantly backed up and you should expect delays. They aren’t refusing any, but it’s possible that they will take a reduced amount. All unconfirmed, but likely due to previously assigned ship dates.
Sounds reasonable. I expect the covid delays.

Mouselovr

Contributor
Sounds reasonable. I expect the covid delays.
In watching the past 2 boards, the wait time to start at OCS has also increased as a result of COVID delays. Even if they don't take fewer SNA/NFOs, we will have to wait longer for the pipeline to clear.

RobertE

Full Send
In watching the past 2 boards, the wait time to start at OCS has also increased as a result of COVID delays. Even if they don't take fewer SNA/NFOs, we will have to wait longer for the pipeline to clear.
Yeah I understand. Does anyone know what the delay is right now?

leevn29

Ok so I have a question, actually. I think I made a 70 5/6/6 (I submitted my package a little bit ago, so I cannot remember it exactly). Compared to the Google Doc, I feel that is on the lower end of things. But both my recruiters (my first one retired with me being her last package), say that my app looks pretty great. When I saw my numbers I asked my first recruiter if I should retake the test, and she said there was no reason for me to. Should I just trust my recruiter(s) and stop fretting?

Metromedic

Contributor
Ok so I have a question, actually. I think I made a 70 5/6/6 (I submitted my package a little bit ago, so I cannot remember it exactly). Compared to the Google Doc, I feel that is on the lower end of things. But both my recruiters (my first one retired with me being her last package), say that my app looks pretty great. When I saw my numbers I asked my first recruiter if I should retake the test, and she said there was no reason for me to. Should I just trust my recruiter(s) and stop fretting?
Well the Navy is all about a “whole person” approach so it just depends on your background. I’m guessing there’s something in your background to make you stand out. Your scores aren’t that bad. Your OAR is pretty high. 5/6/6 is on the lower end, but I think you’ll be fine.

NevarYalnal

Well the Navy is all about a “whole person” approach so it just depends on your background. I’m guessing there’s something in your background to make you stand out. Your scores aren’t that bad. Your OAR is pretty high. 5/6/6 is on the lower end, but I think you’ll be fine.
If they've already submitted no point in retaking until they hear back IMO. a retake if they weren't picked up would also allow them to skip the 6 month waiting period as it represents a material change to their application.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Going to be brutally honest here, 5/6/6 isn't just the low end, it's the absolute minimum to apply. This is your application not your recruiter's, so if you don't feel comfortable about it when you can improve it but you send it in anyway, that's on you. You have to weigh those pros and cons. If your OR is saying you have a good application, that means your whole application will need to carry you to selection because you can't rely solely on the 5/6/6, that's playing the odds a little. People get selected with your scores, it's doable.

You could theoretically score lower on a retest and ruin your chance to apply so that's most likely the reason why your recruiter doesn't want you to retest right now. You're only one point away on all three areas from not being able to apply at all, or not being able to apply to either SNA or SNFO. I wouldn't want to risk scoring lower and losing your shot at this board, but I think it would really depend on your confidence to boost the 5/6/6. You can't go lower because you need 30 days to retest and then you're looking at an August board.

The OAR score is what gets you to the board and isn't really considered for SNA and SNFO selection so 70 is great but it doesn't really matter to the board. You need to focus on the aviation knowledge and the ASTB, IF you're not selected this time. If I were you considering a retest, don't even waste your time on anything other than what boosts the ASTB scores.

Mouselovr

Contributor
Yes. Your scores are on the lower end, however, if you look at previous google sheets, people that weren't picked up tend to have both a low GPA and ASTB. You do see people with higher scores still get rejected AND you see people with the minimums get picked up with no problem.

But, your OAR is awesome! I'm sure you'd get picked up no question in a non-aviation community if you tried a different board.

Mouselovr

Contributor
Anyone else crazy nervous/antsy? Still while until the boards even meets and even longer until we hear back and I am running out of nails to gnaw.
Haha, yes, I'm nervous too. OR went on leave this past week, so I'm cutting it closer than I wanted to have everything in....

exNavyOffRec

Yes. Your scores are on the lower end, however, if you look at previous google sheets, people that weren't picked up tend to have both a low GPA and ASTB. You do see people with higher scores still get rejected AND you see people with the minimums get picked up with no problem.

But, your OAR is awesome! I'm sure you'd get picked up no question in a non-aviation community if you tried a different board.

They are the low end aka the minimum, what his recruiter should have told him is "we will submit, however keep studying and be ready to retake if you don't get a pro Y".

Mouselovr

Contributor

Yes, tragically I agree based on things I've seen. There was a post I saw a while ago where someone calculated an estimate of the amount of time the board has to review each applicant. I believe even after you removed all the auto quals with no waivers, it was like 2 minutes or so per app.

Again, of the data that's been self-reported from past boards, the percentage of people and range of scores who are selected is pretty diverse, so it is worth submitting.
My 2 cents.