• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

Duffman

None
Contributor
I'm not sure where the supposed December 1st cutoff date is coming from? The cutoff for the January board is December 11th according to the official Navy calendar.

If you're looking at that San Diego California NRD website, that's a deadline they set for their own NRD, that is not the cutoff for this board. If you're not in San Diego, disregard that date.

That's pretty normal, you guys are still two months out. I think the Oct 26 board only had about 45 people on the excel sheet when the board met and it took another week to finally hit 50. People trickle in.
Disregard the top part. I don’t know why it says March, I think it was a glitch.

Last edited:

Metromedic

Contributor
I believe that's the website for the San Diego NRD. Regardless, my OR was given the same 01DEC submission deadline from the Richmond NRD. A current officer recruiter also confirmed this deadline in another thread. Hence why I suggest anyone still hoping to submit should do their best to have it done by next Tuesday.
11 DEC deadline for revisions. Initial packet is due 01 DEC. often packets need revisions for signatures or whatnot so they give a period for that.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
NRD - Navy Recruiting District (Where you apply through)
NRC - Navy Recruiting Command (Who makes the rules)
When someone asks what is the submission deadline, they're referring to the official NRC deadline for the board. If you're not sure which one you're being told, verify that with your OR and ask for clarification on the discrepancy from the calendar.

@JoeyMC
Looks all nice and official right? That's for San Diego. They're creating their own deadline for their NRD. It's a poorly updated website that creates confusion, that March date is not a glitch, it's just wrong, it hasn't been updated since at least the May board this year.

I saw this website for my May submission because there were people referring to it and creating confusion. I thought I missed something because it looked official. I went straight to my OR for clarification because I thought I missed a deadline. I didn't miss a deadline.

@Revitalized
If December 1st is what your own OR's are saying then absolutely go by that, there's probably a reason for it.

@Metromedic
You're basically saying that the official submission deadline is December 11th. Your OR just wants it complete and on his desk for review/revisions by the 1st.

Metromedic

Contributor
View attachment 28152
When someone asks what is the submission deadline, they're referring to the official NRC deadline for the board. If you're not sure which one you're being told, verify that with your OR and ask for clarification on the discrepancy from the calendar.

@JoeyMC
Looks all nice and official right? That's for San Diego. They're creating their own deadline for their NRD. It's a poorly updated website that creates confusion, that March date is not a glitch, it's just wrong, it hasn't been updated since at least the May board this year.

I saw this website for my May submission because there were people referring to it and creating confusion. I thought I missed something because it looked official. I went straight to my OR for clarification because I thought I missed a deadline. I didn't miss a deadline.

@Revitalized
If December 1st is what your own OR's are saying then absolutely go by that, there's probably a reason for it.

@Metromedic
You're basically saying that the official submission deadline is December 11th. Your OR just wants it complete and on his desk for review/revisions by the 1st.
I would hope that all recruiters have a hard deadline of at least before the official unless that package is pristine.

exNavyOffRec

View attachment 28152

@JoeyMC

@Revitalized

@Metromedic
It is not uncommon for the local command to set a deadline about 2 weeks before NRC, it takes time to review, sign, and upload the documents.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
It is not uncommon for the local command to set a deadline about 2 weeks before NRC, it takes time to review, sign, and upload the documents.
I understand, but when people ask, "Hey what's the deadline for this board?", and someone gives an NRD deadline, doesn't that create confusion? I assume the initial question is asking about the official deadline, not a variable NRD deadline.

There's only really one official deadline right? I think that's what people are looking for.

I think a proper answer in regard to both is. "The official deadline says December 11th, my OR wants it in by the 1st".

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I would hope that all recruiters have a hard deadline of at least before the official unless that package is pristine.
You're right, I think that happens a lot, happened to me too. My OR wanted my kit in early as well but says it's because they want to meet the deadline. You just have to be careful what you're calling a deadline, I think the baseline definition is the NRC deadline.

It becomes a problem with information like this:
"A majority of them are still waiting for results and will likely miss the deadline next week."

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

I understand, but when people ask, "Hey what's the deadline for this board?", and someone gives an NRD deadline, doesn't that create confusion? I assume the initial question is asking about the official deadline, not a variable NRD deadline.

There's only really one official deadline right? I think that's what people are looking for.

I think a proper answer in regard to both is. "The official deadline says December 11th, my OR wants it in by the 1st".
It does create confusion, and there is another thing that bugs me, inconsistent communication, both between NRC to NRD, NRD to OR, and OR to candidates.

I was always very clear, I would say we need to have you application to NRC by xx/xx/xxxx that means in order to make sure it is there in time the deadline that you have to have everything to me by is xx/xx/xxxx.

Coffee & JP8

Final question, little confused on our timeline. Anyone know if our packages have to be submitted by December 1st or 10th? I've seen both dates thrown around.
On the last board, after my OR submitted my package on the week earlier date, thats when we found out I needed a conditional release from my branch. I was unable to get the paperwork done within the next week to make the board. It ended up taking over a month. Hopefully, if there is anything that needs to be fixed, it is quick and simple.

Metromedic

Contributor
You're right, I think that happens a lot, happened to me too. My OR wanted my kit in early as well but says it's because they want to meet the deadline. You just have to be careful what you're calling a deadline, I think the baseline definition is the NRC deadline.

It becomes a problem with information like this:
"A majority of them are still waiting for results and will likely miss the deadline next week."
It would be hard pressed to find an OR who would put a packet together past 1 DEC unless you’re golden on paperwork.

dvella12

Has anyone heard about how they aren't taking SNAs right now only SNFOs? It reeks of recruiter bullshit to me....
Read this entire forum or at least the last 8 or so pages. Lots of speculation, lots of different things being told to candidates, if you find a way to submit your packet do so! Wishing you the best luck moving forward.

Metromedic

Contributor
Has anyone heard about how they aren't taking SNAs right now only SNFOs? It reeks of recruiter bullshit to me....
Look at some of the previous posts on here. The pipeline is significantly backed up and you should expect delays. They aren’t refusing any, but it’s possible that they will take a reduced amount. All unconfirmed, but likely due to previously assigned ship dates.