• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

Revitalized

I understand that's official, and the best thing everyone has right now but the FY20 Calendar year is already over. If it's been updated as it says, why doesn't the calendar reflect the correct board date for the previous aviation board? I'd take that calendar with a grain of salt. Until they upload a FY21 calendar (Which we're currently in), I wouldn't rely 100% on a calendar that was supposed to be over and done with at the end of September. If the October aviation board is not properly represented in that calendar, doesn't that by default give room for error for any board hence?

Isn't the board date just a target date though? They meet anywhere from a week before to a week after the target date if I recall correctly. 26OCT is exactly one week before 02NOV.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Isn't the board date just a target date though? They meet anywhere from a week before to a week after the target date if I recall correctly. 26OCT is exactly one week before 02NOV.
This is true, that is the intention of the schedule when they're made. The board did convene exactly one week early. The biggest problem I meant to point out is that this is a FY20 calendar which was probably originally made sometime last year and we've been in FY21 Since the beginning of October. It has apparently gone through revisions due to COVID, but again this is a FY20 calendar, not a FY21 calendar. For anyone to try and point out inconsistencies in an argument about FY21 problems with a FY20 calendar seems a little silly to me.

I.E. the May board 2021 will begin taking FY22 quota's and we're talking about a FY20 calendar...

Metromedic

Contributor
I mean at least its early rather than later so I wouldn't be too worried about a 25 Jan date.

Do we even get to see when the boards convene?

Metromedic

Contributor
I understand that's official, and the best thing everyone has right now but the FY20 Calendar year is already over. If it's been updated as it says, why doesn't the calendar reflect the correct board date for the previous aviation board? I'd take that calendar with a grain of salt. Until they upload a FY21 calendar (Which we're currently in), I wouldn't rely 100% on a calendar that was supposed to be over and done with at the end of September. If the October aviation board is not properly represented in that calendar, doesn't that by default give room for error for any board hence?
Its the second revision from COVID, so I would say its more up to date than the initial XD

Revitalized

This is true, that is the intention of the schedule when they're made. The board did convene exactly one week early. The biggest problem I meant to point out is that this is a FY20 calendar which was probably originally made sometime last year and we've been in FY21 Since the beginning of October. It has apparently gone through revisions due to COVID, but again this is a FY20 calendar, not a FY21 calendar. For anyone to try and point out inconsistencies in an argument about FY21 problems with a FY20 calendar seems a little silly to me.

I.E. the May board 2021 will begin taking FY22 quota's and we're talking about a FY20 calendar...
I understand what you're saying about the potential differences in the calendars. Until that calendar is posted, we won't know for sure and there was never any argument about that? We're all waiting for an updated announcement/posting. However, with regards to your example of the 26OCT board, the way I understand it is that the date on the posted schedule would not change unless the board did not meet within the week before or after it's target date.

Mouselovr

Contributor
How many LOR's are you guys submitting with your packages? I have 3. Not sure if to add any more.
Past professor, past boss, retired O-4.

Mouselovr

Contributor
Also, anyone notice that our excel sheet is pretty short compared to past boards? Anyone who's applied before, do you know if rejected folks from the Oct board are gonna add to our sheet?

Metromedic

Contributor
Also, anyone notice that our excel sheet is pretty short compared to past boards? Anyone who's applied before, do you know if rejected folks from the Oct board are gonna add to our sheet?
A majority of them are still waiting for results and will likely miss the deadline next week.

exNavyOffRec

To be clear my point is to show you the exact contradictions you’re mentioning? I have called 14 NRDs and received many different responses.

To settle ALL confusion I called the man who has the answers cut and dry. Navy Community Manager of Aviation. I suggest ANYONE who has ANY doubt in what I’ve said to call for yourself. This number is from Navy.mil detailing Navy personnel command....

Head, Aviation OCM
BUPERS-313
DSN 882-3353, (901) 874-3353

He said no openings in SNA until summer of next year, BUT the presidential election and the Covid issues play a major part in this so things can change.

I’m implore you to call him yourself rather than trying to kill the messenger. I’m only trying to help each of you guys be prepared with level expectations.
Good luck to all.
The only problem is that NRC runs the boards and makes decisions on who goes to OCS and when, not the aviation OCM, NRC also controls the billets for aviation as it is an accession program, not the aviation OCM.

The OCM's making decisions on things NRC controls is what has caused issues in the past with over-selection and in 2 cases under-selection for a community, one of the under-selection cases resulted in NRC contacting people who were already Pro Y for one designator asking if they would switch to another designator.

NRC will decide if boards need to be cancelled, delayed, combined or if numbers for each board need to be reduced not the OCM

Mouselovr

Contributor
Final question, little confused on our timeline. Anyone know if our packages have to be submitted by December 1st or 10th? I've seen both dates thrown around.

Metromedic

Contributor
Final question, little confused on our timeline. Anyone know if our packages have to be submitted by December 1st or 10th? I've seen both dates thrown around.
December 1st as far as I know. The “hard cutoff” is December 11th and is for errors within the submitted packets on the 1st. That’s how it was explained to me.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I'm not sure where the supposed December 1st cutoff date is coming from? The cutoff for the January board is December 11th according to the official Navy calendar.

If you're looking at that San Diego California NRD website, that's a deadline they set for their own NRD, that is not the cutoff for this board. If you're not in San Diego, disregard that date.
That's pretty normal, you guys are still two months out. I think the Oct 26 board only had about 45 people on the excel sheet when the board met and it took another week to finally hit 50. People trickle in.