• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I understand that's official, and the best thing everyone has right now but the FY20 Calendar year is already over. If it's been updated as it says, why doesn't the calendar reflect the correct board date for the previous aviation board? I'd take that calendar with a grain of salt. Until they upload a FY21 calendar (Which we're currently in), I wouldn't rely 100% on a calendar that was supposed to be over and done with at the end of September. If the October aviation board is not properly represented in that calendar, doesn't that by default give room for error for any board hence?

villo0692

I understand that's official, and the best thing everyone has right now but the FY20 Calendar year is already over. If it's been updated as it says, why doesn't the calendar reflect the correct board date for the previous aviation board? I'd take that calendar with a grain of salt. Until they upload a FY21 calendar (Which we're currently in), I wouldn't rely 100% on a calendar that was supposed to be over and done with at the end of September. If the October aviation board is not properly represented in that calendar, doesn't that by default give room for error for any board hence?
when did the last aviation board convene? wasn't it Nov 2?

dvella12

Well that conflicts with the information you were given by the Commander from Atlanta. So which one is it? Packets won't be seen until March or until June? At this point, you're just adding to the confusion. There's conflicting information coming from 15 different "sources" and yet
Well that conflicts with the information you were given by the Commander from Atlanta. So which one is it? Packets won't be seen until March or until June? At this point, you're just adding to the confusion. There's conflicting information coming from 15 different "sources" and yet nothing official has been released.

Wouldn't it be better to wait until an official memo or an updated document with board dates is released? I get that you are trying give people a clear picture or understanding of the situation, but what you just wrote does not provide any clarity and is a stark contradiction to your initial claim.

Can we just chill until January and see what happens? If it turns out that you are right, then we will all face the reality of the situation and you can say you told us so.

To be clear my point is to show you the exact contradictions you’re mentioning? I have called 14 NRDs and received many different responses.

To settle ALL confusion I called the man who has the answers cut and dry. Navy Community Manager of Aviation. I suggest ANYONE who has ANY doubt in what I’ve said to call for yourself. This number is from Navy.mil detailing Navy personnel command....

Head, Aviation OCM
BUPERS-313
DSN 882-3353, (901) 874-3353

He said no openings in SNA until summer of next year, BUT the presidential election and the Covid issues play a major part in this so things can change.

I’m implore you to call him yourself rather than trying to kill the messenger. I’m only trying to help each of you guys be prepared with level expectations.
Good luck to all.

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
To be clear my point is to show you the exact contradictions you’re mentioning? I have called 14 NRDs and received many different responses.

To settle ALL confusion I called the man who has the answers cut and dry. Navy Community Manager of Aviation. I suggest ANYONE who has ANY doubt in what I’ve said to call for yourself. This number is from Navy.mil detailing Navy personnel command....

Head, Aviation OCM
BUPERS-313

He said no openings in SNA until summer of next year, BUT the presidential election and the Covid issues play a major part in this so things can change.

I’m implore you to call him yourself rather than trying to kill the messenger. I’m only trying to help each of you guys be prepared with level expectations.
Good luck to all.

I prefer to kill the messenger ?

Ghost SWO

Contributor

Head, Aviation OCM
BUPERS-313

Good luck to all.
I mean dayummnn you guys act like I’m trying to crush your dreams of flying haha.
I want all of you to fly some jets just as bad as myself!
Now I wish I wouldn't have cut out portions of my previous response about "rumors", and cutting people down when there is so much conflicting info in this thread it's mind blowing. Thanks for doing the digging and getting down to the fact of the matter when so many do not.

villo0692

October 26th
[/QUOT
I mean, it wasn't a serious deviation from what the schedule had, I guess what we mean is that there hasn't been any announced changes that are significantly out of the scope that it puts there, I guess a week wo

Head, Aviation OCM
BUPERS-313

Good luck to all.
I just called and he wasn't there, but that captain was actually my commanding officer when I was in VP8 hahahahahah

dvella12

I mean, it wasn't a serious deviation from what the schedule had, I guess what we mean is that there hasn't been any announced changes that are significantly out of the scope that it puts there, I guess a week wo

I just called and he wasn't there, but that captain was actually my commanding officer when I was in VP8 hahahahahah
Captain Woods?

villo0692

Happy to hear that! Maybe he’ll give you a little more insight please keep us filled in.
he's probably out for the day, so I'll call back next week.......but in regards of what he told you, it kind of coincides with what my recruiter told me, she said the board's still a go for January, but she did say that I would probably have to wait longer than usual to go to OCS, meaning around the July, August, even longer time frame because of what we've talked about, I'm guessing because all the classes up till that time are already full, and there's no point of any of us going to OCS just to arrive to Pensacola and do nothing for months......MAYBE that's what he means.......like we've said before, there's no official statement from the Navy, and this explanation is the only one that makes sense to me with the info we've all heard so far.....I'm logging off the site till next week, so I wish everyone a happy thanksgiving, and please try not to rip each other's heads apart here in the meantime....David out!