• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2011 August, September, October, etc. OCS Boards

kitemen

Was it submitted to your processor? Or actually submitted to the boards.. Cause last I spoke to my recruiter (last week) they still haven't received the okay to accept applications.

I am not really sure. For some reason my recruiter was rushing me to finish my package. I was missing a reconsideration letter. I will be following up later this week.

kitemen

So they started an August board thread.. Haha I would have thought it would have started when they were actually accepting the applications.. Oh well. Good luck to everyone on getting their kits done!

I agree, perhaps we should call it a July board. You know how rumors fly around, if we start a rumor saying there will be a July board, it may just happen.

kitemen

Kitemen, I think this thread is just for all the rumors of boards and what not. I feel like we should start a new one for August so it can go back to the normal post your stats and wait. Also, I though you got pro-recd last time?

I was pro-recd before, because of delays resolving issues with my application. My "pro-rec" was expired. Now i have to reapply. The good news is that i don’t have any issues now, they were all resolved.

Good luck everyone!

GreenLantern330

I was pro-recd before, because of delays resolving issues with my application. My "pro-rec" was expired. Now i have to reapply. The good news is that i don’t have any issues now, they were all resolved.

Good luck everyone!

That sucks! Hopefully the fact that you've been pro rec'd once will help. Best of luck!

d
Honolulu to Millington might be a little bit more than $500 (If hamburger was included of course) and I might need a few more endorsements before that happens. But I am always up for trying something I am told cant be done.

That must have been a beautiful place to do all that VFR. I got my license at 41 hours (I guess it was more like 42.5 after my checkride was done) too in central Texas which I would imagine is no where near as nice as flying in Honolulu.

The first thing I did was go on a quick 45min flight with my wife out for some bar-b-que and even though it cost me $200+ it was still some damn good bar-b-que. It's called Hard Eight bar-b-que in Stephenville, Texas. The place is a half mile walk from the local field.

Most recently I took my wife and another couple out to New Orleans to celebrate my birthday and that cost me $1,500ish. I say that to warn you. Watch out, it is a slippery slope of spending, fun, and debauchery.

TXSooner07

None
The first thing I did was go on a quick 45min flight with my wife out for some bar-b-que and even though it cost me $200+ it was still some damn good bar-b-que. It's called Hard Eight bar-b-que in Stephenville, Texas. The place is a half mile walk from the local field.

Most recently I took my wife and another couple out to New Orleans to celebrate my birthday and that cost me $1,500ish. I say that to warn you. Watch out, it is a slippery slope of spending, fun, and debauchery.

Hard Eight is da bomb! There's one here in Coppell (DFW Area). Lucky for me I don't have to rent a plane to get me there :)

VNE

Hard 8 is awesome...however, they know it and they recently re-priced there food accordingly.

Edit: Oh, and they have FREE BEER on Friday nights. Doesn't do any good though when you're PIC.:(

Just a side note; when I flew to NO earlier this month I had the hardest landing I have ever had. I think it had to do with the fact that I have never flown the airplane at max gross before and also the runway had a pretty significant slope going upwards and it kind of caught me by surprise. I think I actually touched down twice. It was downright embarrassing.

Sonog

pilot
Is there a thread for PPL topics? I also am working towards my PPL. I just did my first solo, so that got me really excited. I'm at 16 hours now, and am already looking forward to getting the license. Are there any good strategies for getting hours for minimal $$$?

Pilot Paul

Pro Rec SNA
First of all, congrats! Way to go on the solo! the best way is to be prepared for the next flight so you have to redo as little as possible. And try to use as much of the 40 hours as solo as you can (20 can be solo max). So...chairfly the night before, play flight sim, and try not go for long periods without flying. It is definitely an "if you don't use it you lose it" skill so that will save money on repeated objectives or flights.

hmmmm otherwise....take your instructor to get a $100 hamburger? flight train the way there, buy him lunch while you do ground work, flight train back. I do that sometimes with my students and charge them a whole lot less CFI time. Plus I get to eat better than Top Ramen! (score!)

If you are at a flight school or know other students you could go as an observer in the back seat if they allow it and watch and study while the other guy flies....if where you train will let you do that. You can't log it but it is a great way to study. Or go with a commercial guy who is timebuilding.

Hope that helps, anything else feel free to ask me. I'm a relatively new CFI and still trying to find ways to help guys learn without costing the arm and leg I traded.