• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2011 August, September, October, etc. OCS Boards

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
Bad news all. I spoke to my NRD and was told that since the NFL is heading towards lock out, they are forcing NBA and NHL athletes to play football this fall. Professional jockeys will be playing in the NBA instead of the basketball players and NASCAR drivers are being transferred over to the NHL. NASCAR and horse racing are completely canceled.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I just got off the phone with my recruiter and was told something similar to Jollygood; except he said that all sports are canceled indefinitely, except for baseball. The only problem is that games will be severely limited due to ticket sales shortfalls, so expect to see only intermittent coverage on ESPN.

Pilot Paul

Pro Rec SNA
Just confirmed: Next Little League boards are on 4JUL11! But, as of now, it is only open to outfield designators (RFO, LFO, CFO). What kind of scores do I need on my RBI to get accepted?

VNE

I can imagine some poor newbie's face as he reads this thread with a big "WTF" look going on.

GreenLantern330

As long as no one brings up The Finals and my Heat, I'm fine with all the sports talk... Needless to say, I'm still bitter about the Mavs winning... And yes, the newbs are probably scratching their heads haha

attakmint

So my OR called me on Thursday, and mentioned that he's estimating there's ~10 NFO slots and ~25 SWO slots nationwide for the September board.

I got accepted into EDO SEGA and he's strongly suggesting that I take it. I'll probably roll the dice and go for the NFO slot, but does the number of slots sound accurate?

GreenLantern330

So my OR called me on Thursday, and mentioned that he's estimating there's ~10 NFO slots and ~25 SWO slots nationwide for the September board.

I got accepted into EDO SEGA and he's strongly suggesting that I take it. I'll probably roll the dice and go for the NFO slot, but does the number of slots sound accurate?

Do you mean August boards?

GreenLantern330

Considering how long it's been since there has been a board, those numbers seem low to me. Then again, a bunch of mids have just been commissioned, and Big Navy is downsizing, so you never know. There might be a quota sheet floating around somewhere on the internet, but I haven't seen anything official yet...

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor

I've been on here a while and never posted, but I figured I'd chime in on this one. I am active duty enlisted and just submitted by package for pilot. I am stationed up here in Millington at CNRC as a cyberspace recruiter and was told by the OCS program manager that they are taking no new SWO applicants due to cuts in manning and having WAY to many applicants already. NFO is pretty much the same, but I think there are a couple slots that haven't already been filled by previous BDCP . Pilot is the only one that still has positions and they are still substantially less than last FY. Also it seems like there is still confusion on whether there is a board in August-there IS definitely a board 22 August, but no other Pilot/SWO/NFO boards scheduled as of yet. I'll try to help out with info as much as I can since I hear it straight from the horses mouth, just let me know!

VNE

Thanks for the heads up Millsra13. Any info you learn in Millington will be most welcome on the site!

I've been on here a while and never posted, but I figured I'd chime in on this one. I am active duty enlisted and just submitted by package for pilot. I am stationed up here in Millington at CNRC as a cyberspace recruiter and was told by the OCS program manager that they are taking no new SWO applicants due to cuts in manning and having WAY to many applicants already. NFO is pretty much the same, but I think there are a couple slots that haven't already been filled by previous BDCP . Pilot is the only one that still has positions and they are still substantially less than last FY. Also it seems like there is still confusion on whether there is a board in August-there IS definitely a board 22 August, but no other Pilot/SWO/NFO boards scheduled as of yet. I'll try to help out with info as much as I can since I hear it straight from the horses mouth, just let me know!

Yea, we appretiate the heads up. If you ever find out what their actual recruiting goals are that would be nice. I am not even sure what the recruitment goals were last year. Either way, hopefully they just pick all of them in this upcoming board. Even if it's not very many slots, its better to have all of those slots picked up instead of half of them.

kitemen

Where did all the applicants go?? I notice a significant drop in the number of posts. My package was resubmitted last week for the next board.