• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2011 August, September, October, etc. OCS Boards

Sonog

pilot
First of all, congrats! Way to go on the solo! the best way is to be prepared for the next flight so you have to redo as little as possible. And try to use as much of the 40 hours as solo as you can (20 can be solo max). So...chairfly the night before, play flight sim, and try not go for long periods without flying. It is definitely an "if you don't use it you lose it" skill so that will save money on repeated objectives or flights.

hmmmm otherwise....take your instructor to get a $100 hamburger? flight train the way there, buy him lunch while you do ground work, flight train back. I do that sometimes with my students and charge them a whole lot less CFI time. Plus I get to eat better than Top Ramen! (score!)

If you are at a flight school or know other students you could go as an observer in the back seat if they allow it and watch and study while the other guy flies....if where you train will let you do that. You can't log it but it is a great way to study. Or go with a commercial guy who is timebuilding.

Hope that helps, anything else feel free to ask me. I'm a relatively new CFI and still trying to find ways to help guys learn without costing the arm and leg I traded.

Thanks. I should have clarified. What is the best way to get hours after you get your license? Finding another pilot and splitting the rental cost to get dual hours?