• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2011 August, September, October, etc. OCS Boards

GreenLantern330

Kitemen, I think this thread is just for all the rumors of boards and what not. I feel like we should start a new one for August so it can go back to the normal post your stats and wait. Also, I though you got pro-recd last time?

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Where did all the applicants go?? I notice a significant drop in the number of posts. My package was resubmitted last week for the next board.

Was it submitted to your processor? Or actually submitted to the boards.. Cause last I spoke to my recruiter (last week) they still haven't received the okay to accept applications.

attakmint

I've been on here a while and never posted, but I figured I'd chime in on this one. I am active duty enlisted and just submitted by package for pilot. I am stationed up here in Millington at CNRC as a cyberspace recruiter and was told by the OCS program manager that they are taking no new SWO applicants due to cuts in manning and having WAY to many applicants already. NFO is pretty much the same, but I think there are a couple slots that haven't already been filled by previous BDCP . Pilot is the only one that still has positions and they are still substantially less than last FY. Also it seems like there is still confusion on whether there is a board in August-there IS definitely a board 22 August, but no other Pilot/SWO/NFO boards scheduled as of yet. I'll try to help out with info as much as I can since I hear it straight from the horses mouth, just let me know!

Would you happen to know if they've scheduled EDO SEGA boards for the next FY?

GreenLantern330

So they started an August board thread.. Haha I would have thought it would have started when they were actually accepting the applications.. Oh well. Good luck to everyone on getting their kits done!

Thanks, I have been wanting this as far back as I can remember. I just when I finally had the means to take lessons. I got it at 41 hours on part 61 too. Still just a baby as far as flying goes.

Pilot Paul

Pro Rec SNA
Dang! The national average for getting a private is around 70 hours. So you definitely showed some effort (and mad skillz).

VNE

I agree, you must be a pretty good stick to get it in 41 hrs. Congrats! Now go get that $100 hamburger while you wait for the boards to convene.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
I agree, you must be a pretty good stick to get it in 41 hrs. Congrats! Now go get that $100 hamburger while you wait for the boards to convene.

Why not make it a $500 hamburger and fly to Millington with a scroll of our questions to get answered :)

Honolulu to Millington might be a little bit more than $500 (If hamburger was included of course) and I might need a few more endorsements before that happens. But I am always up for trying something I am told cant be done.