• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 19JUN23 INTEL PROBOARD

What brings you to this thread?

• Total voters
Also waiting to hear news of this board’s selection results. Been working with my recruiter for about a year. Any updates greatly appreciated! Good luck to you all!

EchoMike

Also waiting to hear news of this board’s selection results. Been working with my recruiter for about a year. Any updates greatly appreciated! Good luck to you all!
I'm on a similar trajectory. Started working with my recruiter about a year ago as well. Give it four to five weeks for results. The last board came out almost 5 Weeks later

OverMattress

IP-PROREC Y
That is a lot. Any idea how many spots they're selecting? Last board was 32 out of 96 or something close to that.
Yeah, not sure how they do it.

However, this is technically the first board to select for FY24 OCS positions (Even though they started to fill some slots with the last board).

OverMattress

IP-PROREC Y
I.e. will they be more or less picky towards the beginning or end of the FY? Sorry, figured wording could be misinterpreted.
Exactly.

However, there is one thing we can be sure. The more applicants that apply, means less time the board members have to look over each individual package.

EchoMike

However, this is technically the first board to select for FY24 OCS positions (Even though they started to fill some slots with the last board).
Interesting. I was told that things aligned with the fiscal year so this would be the last board of 2023 and October would start 2024. That was from a former USAF now Army guy, so I'll take it with a grain of salt and not worry about it much anyway. Either we get selected or we keep applying!

exNavyOffRec

I.e. will they be more or less picky towards the beginning or end of the FY? Sorry, figured wording could be misinterpreted.
no, they take the number needed or projected number needed and divide by the number of boards. They also have a fudge factor so they are never in a situation where they have to pick people, they can let spots go unfilled.
Exactly.

However, there is one thing we can be sure. The more applicants that apply, means less time the board members have to look over each individual package.
They try and cap the applicants per board, so if there are less applicants it is just by chance.

EchoMike

no, they take the number needed or projected number needed and divide by the number of boards. They also have a fudge factor so they are never in a situation where they have to pick people, they can let spots go unfilled.

They try and cap the applicants per board, so if there are less applicants it is just by chance.
Do you know if anyone has the list of applicants?