• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 19JUN23 INTEL PROBOARD

What brings you to this thread?

• Total voters

OverMattress

IP-PROREC Y
Greetings,

Congrats to everyone who is working toward or completed an OCS application. We focus so much on the end goal, but forget to acknowledge how difficult it is to have the wherewithal to assemble a package, let alone be competitive.

This is my first time applying for OCS and I look forward to discussing the application process or questions with anyone interested.

I have started some research on the two designators which I've applied (IP and INTEL, in that order).

This is the data I've gathered so far:
PREVIOUS BOARDS AND RESULTSPROREC-YPROREC-YPROREC-YPROREC-YPROREC-YPROREC-NPROREC-NPROREC-NPROREC-NPROREC-N
DESIGCONVENEDADJOURNEDLIST FINALIZEDPOSTEDDAYS TO RESULTSAT BOARDPROREC TOTALFLEETSTREETNOT ON AT BOARDAPPLIED TO IP & INTELAPPLIED TO PREV BOARDFLEETSTREETNOT ON AT BOARDAPPLIED TO IP & INTELAPPLIED TO PREV BOARD
IP28-Feb-2315-Mar-2317-Mar-231744471672506182102
INTEL13-Feb-231-Mar-2314-Mar-2317-Mar-23321021056274611359180
IP28-Nov-221-Dec-2319-Jan-2324-Jan-23572939413
INTEL7-Nov-221-Dec-2313-Jan-2313-Jan-236768876156115513
IP6-Jul-2218-Jul-2218-Jul-2212-Aug-223726224
INTEL20-Jun-228-Jul-2215-Jul-22301119--

These are some things I've noticed so far:
  • June and July boards last year did not release any PROREC-N's on the board results, not sure why (maybe on a different document?).
  • Anyone who applies to both IP and INTEL will NEVER get a PROREC-Y from both designators. This means the boards talk to each other.
  • On the INTEL board for November, zero FLEET applicants made it on the AT BOARD list.
  • INTEL results are consistently PROREC-Y for 1/3, and PROREC-N for 2/3. This includes overall total and individually amongst the FLEET and STREET applicants. This means the board doesn't compare a STREET applicant to a FLEET applicant.
  • Days to results seems to be trending down. Maybe just the season or holidays?

exNavyOffRec

Greetings,

Congrats to everyone who is working toward or completed an OCS application. We focus so much on the end goal, but forget to acknowledge how difficult it is to have the wherewithal to assemble a package, let alone be competitive.

This is my first time applying for OCS and I look forward to discussing the application process or questions with anyone interested.

I have started some research on the two designators which I've applied (IP and INTEL, in that order).

This is the data I've gathered so far:
PREVIOUS BOARDS AND RESULTSPROREC-YPROREC-YPROREC-YPROREC-YPROREC-YPROREC-NPROREC-NPROREC-NPROREC-NPROREC-N
DESIGCONVENEDADJOURNEDLIST FINALIZEDPOSTEDDAYS TO RESULTSAT BOARDPROREC TOTALFLEETSTREETNOT ON AT BOARDAPPLIED TO IP & INTELAPPLIED TO PREV BOARDFLEETSTREETNOT ON AT BOARDAPPLIED TO IP & INTELAPPLIED TO PREV BOARD
IP28-Feb-2315-Mar-2317-Mar-231744471672506182102
INTEL13-Feb-231-Mar-2314-Mar-2317-Mar-23321021056274611359180
IP28-Nov-221-Dec-2319-Jan-2324-Jan-23572939413
INTEL7-Nov-221-Dec-2313-Jan-2313-Jan-236768876156115513
IP6-Jul-2218-Jul-2218-Jul-2212-Aug-223726224
INTEL20-Jun-228-Jul-2215-Jul-22301119--

These are some things I've noticed so far:
  • June and July boards last year did not release any PROREC-N's on the board results, not sure why (maybe on a different document?).
  • Anyone who applies to both IP and INTEL will NEVER get a PROREC-Y from both designators. This means the boards talk to each other.
  • On the INTEL board for November, zero FLEET applicants made it on the AT BOARD list.
  • INTEL results are consistently PROREC-Y for 1/3, and PROREC-N for 2/3. This includes overall total and individually amongst the FLEET and STREET applicants. This means the board doesn't compare a STREET applicant to a FLEET applicant.
  • Days to results seems to be trending down. Maybe just the season or holidays?
This data is misleading without understanding what is really happening, some of your assumptions are not really accurate, the result of again not understanding the info behind the data.

OverMattress

IP-PROREC Y
This data is misleading without understanding what is really happening, some of your assumptions are not really accurate, the result of again not understanding the info behind the data.
Absolutely, that makes sense. Gathering and interpreting data can be exciting, however, can be easily misunderstood. Please take my assumptions with a grain of salt, it was merely made by my observations of a small amount of data.

EchoMike

Hello fellow candidates,

Is this the only thread for this board? It would appear the word hasn't gotten out or this round is a little more quiet than the last group of chatter boxes.

I applied for the last Intel board and unfortunately was not selected. Hoping for better luck this time along with a stronger personal statement, additional LORs, and higher graduate GPA with a few more classes under my belt.

OAR: 55
Grad degree: Intelligence Studies
GPA: 3.94
Prior service: N
Waivers: N
LORs (optional): 3

Also applying to USAF Medical Corp - Architecture board on the same date. I wish to serve my country, and while my passion is now Intel, if my bachelor's degree in Arch gets me into the service, then I'll walk that path with gratitude for the opportunity.

Good luck to everyone! I believe we have some people in here who will be able to confirm our applications are at board, as well as how many applicants we are in the pool with.

mperey172

Aloha Fellow Candidates,

I did not get accepted in the previous FEB cycle. I am re-submitting for reconsideration.
Here are my stats:
Sex: M
Active Duty: 10 yrs USN, ISC
OAR: 45
Waivers: 3
LORs: 3
Major: Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity Policy and Management from UMGC (4.0 GPA),
Currently enrolled in UMGC’s Master of Science in Digital Forensics and Cyber Investigation.

Good luck to everyone!

SpaceMan230

Hey everyone!
Good luck to you all! here are my stats:
Active Duty: 10 yrs USN
OAR: 59
Waivers: 1
Officer Interviews: O6:4, O5:1, O4:3
LORs: 5
Major: Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics (3.68 GPA but combined 3.09),
To better any future packages, I’m currently working on a Master of Science in International Relations from Liberty University.

Last edited:

EchoMike

Hey everyone!
Good luck to you all! here are my stats:
Active Duty: 10 yrs USN
OAR: 59
Waivers: 1
Officer Interviews: O6:4, O5:1, O4:3
LORs: 5
Major: Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics (3.68 GPA but combined 3.09),
To better any future packages, I’m currently working on a Master of Science in International Relations from Liberty University.
Are officer interviews an active duty requirement?

Heingil

Hello to everyone,

new member here, first time post.

My stats:
Prior service: No
OAR: 64
Waivers: 0
LORs: 0
Major: Chemistry (3.1) and MBA (3.0). My graduate university grades on a competent/not competent grading scale so everyone graduates with a 3.0

Good luck to everyone!

exNavyOffRec

Hello to everyone,

new member here, first time post.

My stats:
Prior service: No
OAR: 64
Waivers: 0
LORs: 0
Major: Chemistry (3.1) and MBA (3.0). My graduate university grades on a competent/not competent grading scale so everyone graduates with a 3.0

Good luck to everyone!
I had to deal with a college like that, hopefully their is a letter attached explaining their system. I had bad luck trying to get people in who went to a school like that.