• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 19JUN23 INTEL PROBOARD

What brings you to this thread?

• Total voters
PROREX-NO from me as well. Recruiter called to give me the news about 1400. Wants to send my application back for IP. Not really interested as INTEL was already a stretch for me considering the designators I was interested in, so, so long fellas. Congrats to the Y’s and good luck to the rest of you.

RhodesReese

PROREX-NO from me as well. Recruiter called to give me the news about 1400. Wants to send my application back for IP. Not really interested as INTEL was already a stretch for me considering the designators I was interested in, so, so long fellas. Congrats to the Y’s and good luck to the rest of you.
IP is a good community. The new cyber community is also online and taking applications starting FY25 so next year October

THeel258

I applied to this board and I've now contacted my recruiter multiple times with no response (already doesn't bode well for me lol). Do I call the Navy office I applied with? Not sure how to figure out what the result was.

Also, I joined it late but this forum has been extremely helpful, good luck to everyone in their future endeavors.

EchoMike

I applied to this board and I've now contacted my recruiter multiple times with no response (already doesn't bode well for me lol). Do I call the Navy office I applied with? Not sure how to figure out what the result was.

Also, I joined it late but this forum has been extremely helpful, good luck to everyone in their future endeavors.
My recruiter hasn't gotten back to me either so maybe they're waiting until they confirm our OCS dates. Fingers crossed! Although I found out before my recruiter did on the last board, so who knows.

connerflynt

Pro Rex no for me on Intel and CWO. 52 OAR and 3.9 gpa. History (undergrad) and Anthropology (master) degrees for me. CWO was a little stretch but recruiter wanted to put me in the mix. Bummed about Intel but my recruiter said only 25 or so got picked up and almost 130 were a no. Not a high percentage. Another Intel board in October though!

EchoMike

Non-select for me as well. This is Intel board #2. Almost done with my Master's in Intelligence Studies so hopefully that helps with the October board. Competition is fierce in this field so I'll be applying to SUPPO as well. Good luck in the future everyone! See some of y'all in the next forum.

exNavyOffRec

Pro Rex no for me on Intel and CWO. 52 OAR and 3.9 gpa. History (undergrad) and Anthropology (master) degrees for me. CWO was a little stretch but recruiter wanted to put me in the mix. Bummed about Intel but my recruiter said only 25 or so got picked up and almost 130 were a no. Not a high percentage. Another Intel board in October though!
Did you have any waivers? You have a very good GPA, but when it comes to IWC many good applicants get "N's".

There is a 6 month wait without a significant change when applying for the same designator.

ScholarBone

This is my second time applying for 1830, and my second PRORECNO. 58 OAR, 3.64 GPA, international relations bachelors, almost 9 years prior service (still active) in the IWC, and no waivers. 1830 is exceptionally hard to get into. Looks like I'll be trying again early next year, hopefully with an improved package.

exNavyOffRec

This is my second time applying for 1830, and my second PRORECNO. 58 OAR, 3.64 GPA, international relations bachelors, almost 9 years prior service (still active) in the IWC, and no waivers. 1830 is exceptionally hard to get into. Looks like I'll be trying again early next year, hopefully with an improved package.
Intel is getting brutal again, it seems like they are going away from a cap on applications per board which helped people out. While 25/130 seems like not a high percentage, several years ago that percent would have people really happy as there were selection percentages of 10% for quite a while.

mperey172

Late reply here but I received a ProRec yes.
I applied for reconsideration since I was not accepted in the Feb cycle.
My stats:
Only applied for 1830
Active duty 10 years (rate/rank: ISC)
3.9 GPA (BS Degree in Cyber Security Managment and Policy)
45 OAR
2x O-6 appraisals (both 1830)
2x O-5 appraisals ( 1x 1830, 1x 1810)
4x O-4 appraisals (all 1830)
3x LOR’s (2x RDMLs, 1x O4)
Awards: 1x JCOM, 1x COM, 3x NAM, 1x NAM w/ R device.

Waivers:
1x OAR Waiver
1x Time in Service (TIS) Waiver

I wish everyone the best of luck. Don’t let the no stop you. Keep applying until you get that yes.
Feel free to dm me with any questions. ??.

Last edited: