• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Zarqawi + 77 Virgins

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
jpaviator said:
question... is anyone surprised there was much left? I mean, from the footage they've shown, it just doesnt look like there would be anything useful or recognizable left. i mean that area just looked totally demolished... any comments?
You're mistaken. No body -- just a head. The head is all that's left. One leg was gone a long time ago.

I believe it is a Monte Python black knight kind of thing ...

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
TurnandBurn55 said:
Correct. I believe only the Charlie Hornet's NiteHawk needs a separate pod....
negative, the piece of shίt Nitehawk can lase for LGBs, and the B version has a LDT also

a AF buddy has said it's a Litening Pod, so my first guess was wrong.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
jpaviator said:
question...

along with having pictures of his body... and a "wealth of intelligence" the news said was collected... is anyone surprised there was much left? I mean, from the footage they've shown, it just doesnt look like there would be anything useful or recognizable left. i mean that area just looked totally demolished... any comments?

but still, good news nonetheless;)

You'd be surprised at what survives an explosion. Most bombs have most of their original material recoverable after detonation... just in pieces.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
You know, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I'm happy for him. He finally gets them 40 virgins. Good on him!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
PropStop said:
You know, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I'm happy for him. He finally gets them 40 virgins. Good on him!

Isn't it 72?

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
From the quick clip I saw on the news, it looks like Litening II AT. I couldn't get the link to work. If I saw it closer I could tell you if it was lasing (it can as well as IR mark and range find), which would tell us if it was an LGW or JDAM. Harriers drop them over there, too, as well as just about everybody else.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
So does the guy that dropped the bomb get the 25m? That would be a nice way to throw a squadron party

Birdman

skidkid said:
So does the guy that dropped the bomb get the 25m? That would be a nice way to throw a squadron party
:icon_tong that would probably go to whoever told us where Zarqawi was at the given time, but that would be a very nice job well done to the pilot if he was given 25 mil

T

TXHusker05

$20 mil to the guy who pointed him out, and then $2.5 mil to the SF unit that did the laser targeting (if it turned out that is how it was done) and $2.5 to the squadron who flew the mission.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
JetJunkie said:
I thought the Viper uses LANTIRN.

photo_large15t.JPG

True, the mainstream Air Force developed LANTIRN for the F-15E and F-16, but the Air National Guard Bureau has a great deal of independence when it comes to procurement. They went after LITENING awhile back as a cheaper alternative to LANTIRN (Litening is an Israeli reverse engineered LANTIRN with some extra bells and whistles). USMC Harrier program used the same contract to get their pods and the USMC Hornets also opted to use it.

To date, a total of 360 LITENING AT pods have been ordered by U.S. forces and foreign military services. LITENING AT and its predecessors, LITENING II and LITENING ER, are currently operational on AV-8Bs flown by the Marine Corps and the Italian and Spanish navies, as well as on A-10s, B-52s, F-15Es and F-16s flown by active-duty and reserve components of the U.S. Air Force. Together, all variants of the LITENING AT pod have amassed approximately 350,000 flight hours, with more than 125,000 of these hours posted in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
And now .... the know-nothings in the media are giving the third (and fourth??) degree to a military spokesman on the digital tube.... a virtual interrogation, if you will .... from idiots .... who pose "questions" such as:

Was Zarqawi alive when he was found ... ??? :eek: (note: I certainly hope so .... apparently he muttered something , then croaked. I'd like to think it was ... " Oh FVCK ... the GREAT SATAN is here !!! :))

Was medical attention offered ... ??? LIKE: GIVE HIM MOUTH-TO-MOUTH !!!??? (The implication of the question was he might have been "assisted" on to his waiting Virgins with a 5.56mm ...???:eek:

Who's "call" was it to "nuke" the house ... ???:eek:

Weren't you going to try to take him alive ... ??? :)

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]Zarqawi Said Still Alive After Airstrike[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]
Jun 9, 9:35 AM (ET)By ROBERT BURNS[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif](AP) This image made available Thursday, June 8, 2006 by the U.S. Department of Defense
Full Image
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]

WASHINGTON (AP) - ".... Terrorist leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was still alive when Iraqi police arrived at a site that was bombed by U.S. forces, a top-level spokesman for American military forces said Friday.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]Brig Gen. Bill Caldwell, briefing military reporters at the Pentagon from his post in Baghdad, said he learned that al-Zawqari was alive after getting briefings on the military operation that netted al-Zarqawi and several others.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]"He mumbled something but it was indistinguishable and it was very short," Caldwell said.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]The U.S. military earlier had displayed images of the battered face of al-Zarqawi and reported that he had been identified by fingerprints, tattoos and scars. Biological samples from his body also were delivered to an FBI crime laboratory in Virginia for DNA testing. The results were expected in three days.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]Caldwell said Friday that authorities made a visual identification of al-Zarqawi upon arriving at the site of the airstrike.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]He said that when the terrorist "attempted to sort of turn away off the stretcher, everybody reached to insert him back. ... He died a short time later from the wounds suffered during the air strike...."

If I didn't know better .... it would almost appear that the media just does not want to give the military or the administration ANY credit for ANYTHING in this fight ... call me crazy ??
[/FONT] Someone ... for the love of God .... stop the madness.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sometimes I wish I had a job as a Pentagon spokesmen other time I like my lot in life
here are some proposed answers to the above questions
To the was he alive question: To quote Maj Paine: "If he is in there he aint happy"
To the medical question attention question: We tried but there was too much rubble from the bombs we dropped on him
To the whose call: I believe Capt so and so was the FAC, he said "cleared hot" adn proud we are of him.
To the take him alive question: Nothing in this pissant country is really worth risking unnecessarily the life of one Marine, Soldier, Airman or Sailor so we sent a bomb instead and tonight he sleeps in hell thank you and goodnight.

Whalebite

Im sorry.....what??? Berg: No good in al-Zarqawi's death

:icon_rage

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060608/ap_on_re_us/al_zarqawi_berg

WHAT????

'Michael Berg, a pacifist who is running for Delaware's lone House seat on the Green Party ticket, said al-Zarqawi's death is likely to foster anti-American resentment among al-Qaida members who feel they have nothing left to lose.'

Right, dont want to offend thoes nice al quada people, they were so friendly at last weeks tea party, it would be a shame to offend their sencibilities. IT WOULD BE A SHAME TO GET JUSTICE FOR YOUR SON GETTING HIS HEAD CUT OFF IN FRONT OF THE WORLD. Dont want to tip thoes kind al queada people over the edge, they might boycott coca-cola, OR MAYBE RUN PLANES INTO OUR BUILDINGS.

Who has that post script that liberals are defined as people who come from a world of lollypops and rainbows?

Ghandi would not work against hitler.

:icon_rage :icon_rage :icon_rage :icon_rage :icon_rage