• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Zarqawi + 77 Virgins

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Great news. I sure hope he's enjoying his 72 virgins, oh that's right, he's burning in hell right now. Good riddance. . .

Pugs

Back from the range
None
AllAmerican75 said:
Great news. I sure hope he's enjoying his 72 virgins, oh that's right, he's burning in hell right now. Good riddance. . .

You misunderstood the Koran.... It was 72 Virginians, Right now George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and 69 others are kicking his ass in perpetuity

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
JIMC5499 said:
Actually I'd say the guys on the ground lasing the target got him. The Air Farce just delivered their message. :D
how do you know that the F-16's weren't lasing for themselves? how do you even know if they were GBU-12's? they might have been GBU-38's ...

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
A4sForever said:
f "smart" ... can any of you boys tell from the targeting screen video what type of a/c it was ?? I know, the news says F-16, but the "news" says a lot of things... :) Was it a LANTRIN (sp?) pod vid? A LITENING (sp?) pod?? I think I'm getting these right ... ??? .... whatever they are --- wish we'd had a whole bunch.
looked like a LANTRIN pod

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
More information is becoming available ... supposedly, one of Zaq's home-boys, some kind of a "safe-house" procurer (a terrorist real estate agent??), dropped a dime on him and 19 -- repeat: 19 other "safe" house as well in exchange for $$$$$ ...... :)

Elements of TF 145 were sitting across the street with a laser designator .... two F-16's airborne .... poof. Gotta love capitalism and the profit motive. The result:

They turned this .... .....into this .... .

.... A bad day for a bad man.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Harrier Dude said:
Anybody got a link to the footage? I could tell you if it was Litening or not.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/06/08/iraq.al.zarqawi/index.html

All I can tell you is it ain't ATFLIR...

And it doesn't necessarily have to be lased by anyone. Could have easily been a JDAM... GBU-38 is the 500' class, and F-16s and F/A-18s have made numerous drops of those in Iraq. The pod would have been up simply for BHA.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
TurnandBurn55 said:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/06/08/iraq.al.zarqawi/index.html

All I can tell you is it ain't ATFLIR...

And it doesn't necessarily have to be lased by anyone. Could have easily been a JDAM... GBU-38 is the 500' class, and F-16s and F/A-18s have made numerous drops of those in Iraq. The pod would have been up simply for BHA.

Doesn't LITENING have the ability to self-lase? Or is that LITENING II? Or am I just way out to lunch?

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Fly Navy said:
Doesn't LITENING have the ability to self-lase? Or is that LITENING II? Or am I just way out to lunch?

Correct. I believe only the Charlie Hornet's NiteHawk needs a separate pod....

JIMMY

question...

along with having pictures of his body... and a "wealth of intelligence" the news said was collected... is anyone surprised there was much left? I mean, from the footage they've shown, it just doesnt look like there would be anything useful or recognizable left. i mean that area just looked totally demolished... any comments?

but still, good news nonetheless;)