• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Youtube--Primary Flight Training at Whiting

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Wait, what? It HAS been a while, but IIRC we spun both ways and didn't think much about doing either.

I am forgetting something?

No, I don't recall differentiating between L and R spins either. Pretty sure I normally did mine to the right actually.....

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
No, I don't recall differentiating between L and R spins either. Pretty sure I normally did mine to the right actually.....

I assure you, there is a difference. All studs at that level simply don't know what the fuck is going on anyway.

porw0004

standard-issue stud v2.0
pilot
The original is better, Black Betty, by Ram Jam. All remakes suck, it's a universal truth. F*cking awesome vid btw. One more night and a wake-up until gear issue. API takes too long, just like the mile swim.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I just like the music track Black Betty...
BettyPage.jpg

By country fried southern rock band "Ram Jam"
which would be a very appropriate soundtrack for Milton....I hope they got some of those ribs up in Brewton though!

not to be confused with Randy "The Ram" Robinson...and his patented finishing manuver...the "RamJam"...

thewrestlerpic3.jpg

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
It just spins a bit quicker to the right, tends to push you more to the right in the cockpit, more uncomfortable. I always introduced studs to spins to the left.

Ok, I do remember spinning faster to the right, but is it that big of a deal? You're not looking outside anyway, and even if you were... it's just a faster blur, but a blur nonetheless.

Procedures still un-fuck the airplane the same way... meh. :sleep_125

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Ok, I do remember spinning faster to the right, but is it that big of a deal? You're not looking outside anyway, and even if you were... it's just a faster blur, but a blur nonetheless.

Procedures still un-fuck the airplane the same way... meh. :sleep_125

Can be a big deal for a student who is huffing and puffing. Or it can be a big deal for the IP who has to wrestle the controls away from the stud who is frozen. A little more zip and alititude loss as I recall. If I'm doing the spins, with plenty under my belt, it is meh. Talk to me after your an IP wise ass. Always a fuckstick in the crowd. The whole 8 spins you've got under your belt means you know about as much as those students when it comes to the spins, left, right, upside down, backwards.

BTW, for those not in the know, this is like ready room banter, I'm not attacking Otto or saying he's a bad stick. He's just being a thorn as he should be with us older farts.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Can be a big deal for a student who is huffing and puffing. Or it can be a big deal for the IP who has to wrestle the controls away from the stud who is frozen. A little more zip and alititude loss as I recall. If I'm doing the spins, with plenty under my belt, it is meh. Talk to me after your an IP wise ass. Always a fuckstick in the crowd. The whole 8 spins you've got under your belt means you know about as much as those students when it comes to the spins, left, right, upside down, backwards.

BTW, for those not in the know, this is like ready room banter, I'm not attacking Otto or saying he's a bad stick. He's just being a thorn as he should be with us older farts.

Whatever! I'm one of the lucky ones who IPs "tried" to make sick, and never got airsick cuz I'm a smartass and would offer up my immunity to motion sickness in the brief. :D

I know PLENTY about spins, thank you very much. That was "Down, right, transition, turn, attitude, Nr, ball, lock, talk, squawk", right?

Man, I'm such a chuck yeager.... :D

/standing by for shitstorm

corvettetimmy

that was an awesome video... I know almost every face in that video.. Kick ass.

Altitude 9,500, aoa pegged, airspeed building, turn needle full right, airspeed 95kts, recovering... all primary students are experts..thats why they call it primary/TPS duh!

all i know is "power..flare...power...flare"

Peace out

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Whatever! I'm one of the lucky ones who IPs "tried" to make sick, and never got airsick cuz I'm a smartass and would offer up my immunity to motion sickness in the brief. :D

I know PLENTY about spins, thank you very much. That was "Down, right, transition, turn, attitude, Nr, ball, lock, talk, squawk", right?

Man, I'm such a chuck yeager.... :D

/standing by for shitstorm

It's funny in that when I was a stud, I remember thinking..spins, what's the big deal? Even in advanced with T-2's, I don't remember much of anything being that difficult. Now, knowing what I know, I only thought that because I didn't know shit :)

One of my last IP flights I made the mistake of trusting a stud in a C4586. He had completed PA's and needed a warm-up and the only aero he wanted to do was barrel rolls and wingovers. So I thought, well, he completed the C4500 block so it should be easy. We start the barrel roll, I hang back, he pulls the nose up but doesn't roll. I keep telling him, you need to start rolling....thus the term roll in the manuever barrel roll. At 70 degress nose up, out of airspeed, I thought this is going to be interesting. I let it go out of morbid curiousity but as we all know, the T-34 recovers very easily from just about any OCF regime. Rudder shakers, buffet as he finally rolls, out of airspeed but the nose actually falls through, straight down. He pulls 4 g's at the bottom. Funny that he quietly says to me that wasn't very good, was it? I told him I didn't know what that manuever was, it wasn't a barrel roll but it might have been great for whatever it was. Point is, even when you or they think they know what they are doing, they don't :)

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
that was an awesome video... I know almost every face in that video.. Kick ass.

Altitude 9,500, aoa pegged, airspeed building, turn needle full right, airspeed 95kts, recovering... all primary students are experts..thats why they call it primary/TPS duh!

all i know is "power..flare...power...flare"

Peace out

Was it a VT-6 stud who made it? This would make sense. Good man on the power....flare thing :)