• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Your OCS Experience

zuggerat

We had a candidate get a blowup doll in the mail, which may or may not have ended up in: A wall-locker, the company gunny's office, and another Sgt. Instructor's wall-locker and a few other places...may or may not have...

oh jesus thats funny lolol

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
SI: "Go to bed!!"
3d Plt: "Go to bed aye staff sergeant. Good evening staff sergeant"
SI: "Ok **** you. Go to hell"
3d Plt: "Go to hell aye staff sergeant. Good evening staff sergeant"

every night...

Anyone in Alpha or Charlie remember "Candidate Leak Thhharlie Company Thhhecond Platoon..."??

Also, cant forget about the dude who **** himself during the PFT. Guess his run time was really important.

Got a bunch of long stories that are funny as hell. I will post them later.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
SI: "Go to bed!!"
3d Plt: "Go to bed aye staff sergeant. Good evening staff sergeant"
SI: "Ok **** you. Go to hell"
3d Plt: "Go to hell aye staff sergeant. Good evening staff sergeant"

every night...

Anyone in Alpha or Charlie remember "Candidate Leak Thhharlie Company Thhhecond Platoon..."??

Also, cant forget about the dude who **** himself during the PFT. Guess his run time was really important.

Got a bunch of long stories that are funny as hell. I will post them later.

Hey, we had a guy run a 25:00 on the intermediate (and get the requisite chit) because he had to make a pit stop in the middle.

First week quotes:
at Lights out (first week): Good night Staff Sergeant!

SSgt, are we taking our guns with us to chow?

Lawman

None

Hey every time I think about the two people in Charlie who crapped themselves I think, "But before the grace of god go I." Because I remember a Fartlek Ext where I was seriously considering my options on Sandy Trail. Do I keep going and pray and risk crapping myself and be "that guy," or do I stop, drop my skivvies, and pray Im quick enough to get back into the run before the squad behind me catches up with us." I made it.... barely

And yeah Leak.... first time I heard that guy I just thought "wow.... please tell me its a bad joke."

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
yeah I almost stepped out of the 5-mile individual run to do the same. Yeah we got Leak good during the skits at the end.

MasterHaynes86

Alright guys, I will post one at a time... Only one tonite :) But this one is very personal to me... well ill post two since the second is short

I am really bad with remembering event names and such because i just do as im told. I think it was the Jr. Endurance course (the one where u do o-course and misc other events and run alot AND climb the huge dirt wall on the rope) ANYWAY, I freakin fly through the ocourse (i swear i had to beat 1:10!!! too bad it wasn't the timed version) Well, the time to get a perfect score (and a favorable chit) was 20 minutes and I REALLY WANTED this. Some back info, I was thrown into OCS 1st Incr when i was scheduled 2nd... and i hadn't really prepared myself yet so i had a little early conditioning issues with being average for the plt when i coulda been top notch... anyway, i am going through the course and I pass several candidates in front of some staff... as im passing one says something like "How the hell is Haynes passing you" to the candidates I am passing... i got a smirk :) But to the good part... I come across the finish line and receive my time. I report this to the gunny standing there.
"Good Morning GSgt, Candidate Haynes, Kilo Company 3rd Platoon reporting as ordered" (im sounding off and breathing hard)
"Shut the hell up Haynes, Time?"
"32:25 Gunnery Sgt" (I had a 10 minute buffer or something like that... i wasn't first to go plus I cant remember my finish time, just my COURSE time or 19:20)
"Go away"
"Go away, AYE GSGT, Goodmorning GSGT"
At this point, I had gone from running my balls off to standing still for over a minute (i had to wait for a couple other candidates) and my cantenes were empty! So I go to leave as ordered and I stumble into the clock and knock it off its stand. But I was about to pass out so I wasn't really aware to what i was doin or running into... I manage to make it to the cooldown circle and we are ordered to go run under the showers outside to cool off. I BARELY made it to the circle (i ran as fast as i could there) when, as we are being ordered by a SSgt to cool off I am ordered by a candidate to report to GSGT at the time clock. Well, I'm thinkin "WTF he has my time"... But I run back ACROSS the PT field. I get there and MY PLT Gunny is standing there talkin to the PTI and another SSgt... I do the standard report to my Gunny and the PTI immediately says something like
"Hey candidate, did your dumb grape run into my clock"
"This candidate doesn't know PTI"
"HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW CANDIDATE"
(GSgt taking times) "YES CANDIDATE YOU DID"
"YES PTI, THIS CANDIDATE RAN INTO YOUR CLOCK"
Well I started to show signs of heat exhaustion... apparently waving back and forth and side to side is a sign of nearly passing out. They order me to go cool off... Well, i am relieved and go cool off... I am glad i didn't get the yellow circle :)
Well later that day I get to speak to the Company GSgt, 1st Sgt (a female that got cuter each week ;)), Company XO, ect... And each time they asked me how I didn't see it there.. Try telling every company staff member and officer that you didn't see it cuz you were tired and such... Co GSgt made me write and essay, which he collected from me before 0500... He skimmed it, told me not to use such big words in my essays, and threw it away... I was flabergasted :) Thats all I heard of that for a few days... I had another occasion after that where someone with a stopwatch said "watch out candidate, I have a stop watch"

Story 2: It was our second libo and 3rd plt was ready to go on Libo... Well, Ssgt wasn't ready for us to go anywhere so he had a candidate open his foot locker and then told him to go get a swab. Well, the candidate did as he was told and returned to a footlocker turned over, foot powder EVERYWHERE, lotion, body soap (liquid), toothpaste, ect in a big nasty pile. So everyone starts to help clean it and the SSgt walks around and repeats at any other open footlockers. Several candidates got their trash thrown everywhere... It wasn't funny at the time, but 3hrs later (when we had cleaned his rampage, twice) everyone chuckled...

SSgt: "Candidate I dont eat that @$#%. It's not good for your body, idiot"
SNC : "Aye SSgt"
SSgt *Eats some McDonalds with a coke"

he was lecturing to the candidate that healthy food is the ONLY option and that he never eats anything other than healthy food... then he bites into a cheesburger...

SSgt: "Does anyone know what a Soapie is"
candidates "No SSgt"
SSgt: "Its when you get a bath in thailand, hell anywhere for that matter, and several women clean you with their soapy bodies"
candidate "Sounds awesome SSgt, but dont you have a wife?"
SSgt: "Do you think she knows what a soapie is, candidate?"
Candidate "No SSgt"
SSgt: "Then lets keep it that way, candidate"

This was after lights out and he had us make a school circle SIMPLY to inform us that he has been to thailand, had a soapie, and felt we should know... haha :)

Oh lord, OCS rocked! haha... Next stories I tell will involve me at Candidate PLT Sgt and the 1st sgt comment to us (remember she is a female)... ill throw in pugil sticks 1 as well (non wooded engagement)

btw, not to sound stupid... but what the hell does SNC stand for... i heard it all the time at OCS and I even used it in essays. I know it stands in the place of THIS CANDIDATE or CANDIDATE, but no one bothered to inform me of its actual meaning... and I wasn't about to ask EITHER SSgt for the platoon or the gunny... they were all ruthless about stupid questions and usually hazed you for a day or two if you asked them... they said there was no such thing as a stupid question, but that wasn't so true when a candidate asked if we would be given time to do our laundry... they hounded that kid until he left... he showed no motivation EVER and had the equivalent of spaghetti for brains... he wanted to DoR about week 2 but they wouldn't let him... 2 days before Libo they dropped him for all kinds of reasons, it was quite funny... every night he was called into the duty hut and harassed while tryin to sleep... WE even tried to help him get squared away... he just wasn't made for it i guess...

woot, long post... sorry guys

BTW that fire extinguisher thing is danged funny... top of the list right there...

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
SSgt: "Does anyone know what a Soapie is"
candidates "No SSgt"
SSgt: "Its when you get a bath in thailand, hell anywhere for that matter, and several women clean you with their soapy bodies"
candidate "Sounds awesome SSgt, but dont you have a wife?"
SSgt: "Do you think she knows what a soapie is, candidate?"
Candidate "No SSgt"
SSgt: "Then lets keep it that way, candidate"

This was after lights out and he had us make a school circle SIMPLY to inform us that he has been to thailand, had a soapie, and felt we should know... haha :)

During one of those aforementioned school circles, we learned why men wake up in the morning with erections.

and btw, the junior course you were talking about is the Stamina Course. You know, one of my first days at OCS, I remember standing on the parade deck and seeing that radar up on the hill and thinking too myself how high up it was. I had no idea that in 3 weeks I would be running around it! lol

MasterHaynes86

SNC = Said Named Candidate

haha thanks... next summer it will likely come in handy :) I hear Srs. get a few essays and negative chits...

Does anyone know if PLC Srs get hooch games? The ones i ran into were informed "we dont have time for games" and they didn't play any real games... a couple "bags parallel to the ground" games, but no real messes were made... thats what the Srs told me at least, and I asked several Srs... Anyone confirm? Any Srs (from last summer or this summer) get out of hooch games?

MasterHaynes86

During one of those aforementioned school circles, we learned why men wake up in the morning with erections.

and btw, the junior course you were talking about is the Stamina Course. You know, one of my first days at OCS, I remember standing on the parade deck and seeing that radar up on the hill and thinking too myself how high up it was. I had no idea that in 3 weeks I would be running around it! lol

SAME HERE... That radar was real high... yea, Stamina course... Endurance course is a Srs/plc comb/NRoTC/10weekers thing... So, what is the reason for morning wood?

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
you know..to be honest I cant even remember the SSgt's reasoning. This all happened during that blur that encompasses the first few days after pickup. I just remember the topic and being too damn scared to laugh about it at the time. haha!

MasterHaynes86

Haynes, You like OCS way too much. Moto is good but Holy $hit...

MY OSO says the same thing... Its been over a year and I still get the regulation high n tight... my sister has a base pass :) Every candidate I know from my office hated the place and anyone that went to Srs were cringing at the thought... I'm excited... more than anything... and it is several months away... End of March 2007 I should be on a plane back to OCS :) And believe me, I was not the most popular candidate amongst the staff... try forgetting your medical cards on a hump... What ticks me off was all my billets were during the 1st 3 weeks when no one is good enough to pass anything... a 3yr enlisted prior failed his PLt Sgt review and I watched him heavily and learned from his mistakes... everyone thought i would pass, but nope, a freakin chit and an essay... but I get to go back...

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Does anyone know if PLC Srs get hooch games? The ones i ran into were informed "we dont have time for games"

The guys you talked to were right. One of the major differences between seniors and jrs is the pace of training. You're fitting the 10 week course into 6. Games exist but they are at a minimum.