• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Your Mom is a Garbage Shore-Tour

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
You do realize how douchey it is to assume that your life choices are the only valid life choices for an aviator post-Navy, right? Especially when you imply that everyone who doesn't go to the so-called "show" allegedly doesn't like flying? I'll be sure to tell that to all the gold-winged people I meet crushing it in other sectors of the economy . . .
One part of this sentence is accurate, at least.

My life choices are what has kept me in the military, because of an opportunity, a challenging one, that I am grateful to have, and that requires a big gut check. So i like to joke around with my many friends who are in the airlines now... all fun and games.

The reason I quoted "The show" was only because of the airline thread on this very forum, literally titled that. If you chose to do something different thats fine, and i'm sure you're crushing it, whatever makes you happy. I was just giving my two cents to the OP. even if i could have the good deal of going to USC ROTC and living in hermosa beach like a friend of mine, that would still not be my first choice because of my desire to fly after, but i would prob also grind out the regionals a few years if i had to. It's all everyones else lives, only each person can make their own choices based on the info they have.

No hate here brother, just poking fun at HAL

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Which is why you go to Seattle on the weekends. Even I and my horrible lack of game knew that. :)

Why the hell do you think I complained about the traffic so much? And Vancouver is far better than Seattle, my wife can confirm this.

But from late November to mid-January and again from May to August, you get this . . .

Overcast and rainy for months on end ain't a paradise to me.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Something to do with heat dissipation?
I think the issue is getting the next gen sensor married up with whatever comes after DIGIC 8. There’s a processing bottleneck that imposes a crop at 4K. Sony and others have cracked that nut. If they can make a 30ish MP sensor with the back end to do uncropped 4K at 120FPS for slo-mo, I’ll be ecstatic. If EOS RP is the consumer version of the next pro model, that seems promising. Unfortunately, Canon protects their high end Cinema line by not giving lesser EOS too much horsepower. That sucks for guys who aren’t ready to shell out $10-15K for a really capable camera.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
January is too early for “Dumbest thread of the year”...
How about February?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
How about February?

The worst garbage shore tour I ever had...training Privateer Candidates. Kids couldn’t tell loot from their boots. That and there was never enough time to finish my GED.