• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WTF how come there are no Navy OCS journals

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorpSig

PatMack has got the idea, hard-charging swabbie, hoorah. Seriously though...this "Chair Force" and "Air Weak" stuff...there's no need for name calling here. Remember: these guys don't get yelled at, if we hurt their feelings we're going to have 'emotionally distressed' mud-hen drivers too preoccupied with defending their officership to patrol northern Iraq while the guys with gold wings are putting rounds on target. And why should they get yelled at? They're just 'learning leadership', it's not like they're going to need to operate in a high-stress environment out in the flee...errr...on deployment. Besides they've got enough stress at OTS...I heard one OT missed an episode of 'Caroline in the City' and they told him "tough luck, catch it on the re-runs"! I know that my PltSgt would never have been so callous to an Officer Candidate...I mean, no VCR? That's 'basic training stuff' far removed for a prospective officer to have to get his hands dirty in such ruffian enlisted conditions...I'm sorry is my sarcastic attitude too crude? Unbecoming perhaps? Sorry but I just get skeeved out when I think that some Air Force officer may not know what to do when he punches out over the desert and gets sand in his vag' and the Marines and Navy swoop in to pluck his scrawny...<short pause to cellect myself>...heheheheh...just gentle interservice ribbing <managing a congenial grin>...

Hudson

I really have enjoyed this string. I don't know if there are any more Air Force members still reading this but lighten up. This is what people do in the military. When I was in the Army as a vulcan gunner and stinger ADA crew member we made fun of every branch including our own. We talked more smack about the Inf. Platoon that was assigned to protect our stinger positions than anybody else. Trust me though that when push came to shove we are all on the same side. WE all need eachother in the air or on the ground. Just lighten up. Heart diseas is a horrible thing to have to deal with at our young ages.

Dave Shutter

The worst ribbing still come from people in your own branch in different communities. God help this kid if he's ever a joint Instructor in API, they're always outnumbered by the Navy and USMC guys and they're just evil.

gliderplt

Well guys, this has been fun, since I first wrote to defend the AF or "Chair Force" as many of you are so fondly like to say, I've followed this with amusement. I'll write one LAST response/advice.

1. Most of you just don't get it. As I said before, inter-service rivalery is great and healthly, but what makes you Wanna Be's think you have the right to join in on the trash talking? I've been to my fair share of "O" clubs or "Combined" clubs at both Navy, and Air Force bases in almost 8 years of service and yes, the ribbing does get brutal, but the difference is that everyone in that club IS a member of the Armed Forces, officer or enlisted and its done in the spirit of comradery. Get that commission or enlist and you've earn the right! But if you still feel like you need to, go ahead, its a right you have.

2. What does bother me has always been the name calling made by some members of this forum. What have you accomplished in life or gained the knowledge to allow you to judge if one is a "loser", "tool", or "idiot"? Lets see your crenditials? Interestingly enough, not one of you that called Tburch those names are commissioned officers. I wonder why that is?

3. Regardless of what officer speciality or branch of service you are in, aviators, surface warfare, nukes, ground pounders, paper pushers.... what we need is officers that can think under pressure and execute the mission they are given. Some of them may very well be "Mad dog men and women" god knows I've flown/work with them, and some of them are of the "you need to grow up" sensitivity type. both types can be equally effective. To say all you need is "mad dog men and women" in the cockpit is absurd and uneducated.

4. There are all sorts of leadership styles, its one that you as an officer will develop over time and learn what works with each individual you may have the privilage of commanding. You will make lots of mistakes! but don't equate yelling to leadership. that may work for some, won't for others. Try yelling at an E-9 when you are brand new butter bar and see how far you get:)

enough preaching! its been interesting!

gliderplt, Capt, USAF
F-35 JSF FTE

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
icon_smile_sad.gif
Does that mean we can't play anymore![:p]

Don't sweat the small stuff!

boobytrapper

Originally posted by gliderplt

2. What does bother me has always been the name calling made by some members of this forum. What have you accomplished in life or gained the knowledge to allow you to judge if one is a "loser", "tool", or "idiot"? Lets see your crenditials? Interestingly enough, not one of you that called Tburch those names are commissioned officers. I wonder why that is?

enough preaching! its been interesting!

gliderplt, Capt, USAF
F-35 JSF FTE

Gliderplt,

Our credentials? The first amendment.

Keep your panties on dude.

marcb747

Now I think this is getting personal and going way beyond the premise of the original posting.

Can we now focus our collective braincells unto a topic that is more relevant and helpful to everyone else on this board?

Time to move on.

gliderplt

Patmack18... Believe what you want:) I could put my credential here, but you won't believe it anyway. So, my advice would be to do some research and I think you'll find O-3 FTEs in JSF/F-22/F-16/F-15 are not unusual, it is very common.

anyway, I thnk marcb747 said it well, it is time to move on. I will take his lead and stop visiting/posting to this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.