• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WTF how come there are no Navy OCS journals

Status
Not open for further replies.

psrogers

Intel Officer
Well that was all pointless. It kind of reminds me of some of the non stop, yet inevitable criticizing that went on at my fraternity. If anyone is offended, get some perspective.

JayManC

"Can't we all just get-along"???

TBURCH first of all i want to say I applaud your efforts, YOU MADE IT!!! and youre right most of us are hopefulls.
Granted the reason that you don't see me talking to the air force, or rather the other way around is because i dont have half the aptitude that you obviously displayed, nor do i have like 5 million hours (or whatever they require nowadays)

the original intention of my topic was to highlight your site, and to determine why there isn't one like it for the Navy.

I'm truly disappointed that you've declared not to make any further posts on Airwarriors.com. While there were comments made that were a little harsh, i do have to say, that's the brotherhood of aviators.

<insert something witty here:>

antisnook

What the hell happened to this website??? At first it seemed like a good reference location, now it seems like a place for frat boys to talk shit behind a computer. What's the challenge with that?? -thats too easy to do. I guess people use this site for different reasons than others.

ghost_ttu

anti:

I think this is still a great reference. If nothing else I think this website keeps everyone up to speed as well as can be expected with the current happenings of the Navy and Marines. And gives inspiration to those trying to get into the process. A lot of information has already been hashed here and can be searched within the archives, but there is still a mass of people that will answer any questions possible. I personally receive emails from people wanting to know what my opinion is on things and aslong as that is happening I would think the forum is serving it's purpose to help everyone in anyway possible.

ghost_ttu

To justify what I'm about to say, most of you know that I'm in the application process for both Navy and Air Force. And I will say that I want to fly military, and whomever gives me that opportunity is the uniform that I will wear. My dad was in the AF, and my brother is currently enlisted AF. I have less experience with the Navy other than having many friends that are enlisted Navy. I have a good buddy that went through AF Academy and just separated from the AF. What I have noticed and this is NOT reflective on tburk is that the Navy does seem to show more pride in it's service. As a whole, I notice more people in the Air Force crying about being in the AF, or bitching about how things are. I'm not saying that Navy doesn't bitch, that would be crazy, but I have noticed that Navy will show more pride in their service for the most part.

I hope the AF people reading this understand this is just my observation and not inteded to flame anyone. Remember, I'm still on the fence trying to get to either one.

Ski3

Yeah, I tried the AF out first <hangs head in shame>

They asked me for my GPA over the phone.

"2.7" I answered.

So they asked me about my flight time.

I proudly said "300", sticking my chest out as I talked over the phone.

After a brief pause, they asked me if I was interested in a navigator slot! My friend Pap keeps rubbing it in and changing the story by telling everyone the Air Force said I am too dumb. Imagine that!? Me dumb!? I think they brained their damage!

:)

So, I called the Navy. OCS Nov 9th (SNA)!

Jack Szarkowski

ghost_ttu

Like I told both recruiters, I don't give a damn which uniform I wear, I just wanna fly. Now once I'm wearing a uniform I will give a damn which uniform I'm wearing [:D]

JayManC

I feel ya on that one GHOSTTU,
i've always seen myself in a pair of khaki's with some gold wings on them or struggling to plop my butt down in the middle of the night on a moving carrier. I do have some AF experience, i was one of those JROTC dorks that used to get picked on for the longest time. When i lived in DC the school i went to offered AF, then when i moved to VA it was navy. granted its not service, but both experiences allowed me to get an idea of the different branches.
when it came down to the wire, and i was making my decision on which branch that i would bless with the next ten years of my life, i chose the navy. primarily because like you guys, i dont have the money to drop on a PPL, nor do i have the time. Between working full time, and school full time, i wasnt able to devote all the necessary time to studying, so i got B's. for heavy beer drinking....im certainly proud to say im making something of myself.
The AF places a great emphasis on academics. Moreso than i think the navy does. Granted they all want their respective "boy scout with wings" but i think the best shot i have to fly is with the navy.

<insert something witty here:>

Goliath112

wholly shit. this topic has 1020 views. must have gotten the Chair Force guys in a frenzy

man the wait is killing me

ghost_ttu

Way to go guys, the AF guys aren't gonna let the Navy guys land on their airstrips anymore.....And what is the Navy gonna do? Make the AF guys stop landing on their carriers? *grins*

antisnook

ghost ttu,
Yeah, I guess there was just an influx of slingin lately by people who havent even started primary, so it seemed like it might have been going downhill. At the same time it seems like there are a lot of new members who are in flight training, which gives the site some more factual input and less babble...like this right here. -(sorry for my contradictive reply). Anyway, I agree that the site is still very useful, I was just clouded by this topic I guess. Oh, and a sincere good luck with your acceptance into either the navy or airforce, you surely appear to be motivated for the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.