• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WTF how come there are no Navy OCS journals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike26

They used to make you run a mile in the Air Force for the PT but too many people were having heart attacks so we ride a stationary bike, pretty rough stuff.
icon_smile_wink.gif

aslam

Well back to the topic at hand, I have a journal from OCS written by a friend of an old classmate of mine from the University of Illinois. It is a Microsoft Word document, and if you want to read it then send me a message at aslam@portal.eng.ohio-state.edu

ASLAM.

ghost_ttu

So I guess it's safe to say that Navy OCS will not include lounging around the room playing on the laptops? *laughs*

Mike26

My old room mate recently finished AF OTS, he said it is a must that you bring a laptop, they only have one other room mate, they really don't get yelled at. The isn't any large DI's there to smash them into little pieces. Another friend who will be attending OTS soon said they may be shorting OTS to 10 weeks as opposed to 13 weeks. So basically it is like a seminar to learn how to be an officer compared to the Navy. So I ask my self why do I want to fly in the Navy? The uniforms I guess. [:D]

ghost_ttu

It's the boat dude! I need to put that on my application, I own a boat so I obviously love the water, and I have plenty of speeding tickets, so I like going fast. Sign me up!!!!

gliderplt

Saw a post by JayManC on the AF OTS journal website and decided to checkout this one. I can only say I'm pretty disgusted by what I'm reading here. Seems to me the guy is trying to document his experience so it maybe of help to others going into AF OTS. Wouldn't you like it if Navy had a similar site?

Also for those of you that are passing judgement. how many of you are actual OCS grads? commissioned officers? from many of your profiles, seems to me that you are just OCS hopeful right now! hmmm... he's going to be a commissioned officer in a week and you are a......
In my humble opinion, you have no place to talk until you've gone thru it yourself.

For those that are commission officers, doesn't Navy teach you to be respectful of the other service? I hope this isn't the attitude that you'll take onto active duty. rivalery is great, but some of this cross into personal attack on the poor soul.

in case you are wondering, I know the guy and I'm his friend. I'm also an AF officer. I won't dispute AF OTS is easier, heck, I went an even easier route (ROTC) but statements like "what a tool" is just uncalled for.

just something to think about.

kimberly316

Hey gliderplt, I just wanted to say thank you for standing up for him. He is a great and amazing man and none of these guy's know him at all and have nowhere to talk. He has worked so hard for this and I couldn't be more proud. I wanted to say something to them myself but I'm more respectful than them. I'm not sure exactly who you are, but I'm his girlfriend so drop me a line sometime :) kimster316@hotmail.com Thanks again!

Goliath112

Hey guys, don't take it personally. Nobody thinks this guys accomplishments are weak or anything. It is just humor. But, after looking at the site, I must say that the pictures in it "almost" make it seem fun to go thru OTS. Is it true about the exercise machines though? that sounds cool for people with bad shin splints.

man the wait is killing me

Jim

"I don't know but its been said
Air Force wings are made of lead..."

"I don't know but I be told,
Them Navy wings are made of gold..."

I know personally that the Air Force recruiters refused to talk to me unless I had several hundred hours of multi time, an ATP, an F-16 type rating, etc. But in my opinion we're all on the same side and all have the same goal in mind which is to knock the crap out of Bin Laden and Saddam. For this reason I don't bust on the Air Force. Besides how could anyone bust on guys who get ribbons for coming to work with their shoes tied? But I'm sure when the chips are down the Navy and Air Force are damn glad to have each other up there.

-jim

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
Uhhhh? Remind me to block my girlfriend's internet access.

tburch

OK, I was gonna keep my mouth shut on this one, but I just can't.

I'm the "tool" "loser" that made the site that alot of you are wasting your time bickering about.

First of all, I didn't make the site for you and your computer friends to see what OTS is like. I made the site for my family and friends to keep in touch with me and see what I'm up to. So if you keep up with the site, fine...but don't waste your time debating over it.

To those of you who are putting down other services, grow up. Most of you are probably just officer/pilot wannabes (because you obviously don't have the maturity to be real ones). Real officers realize that all services have an important part in defending the nation. Everyone dies just the same in war, no matter what service you're from. A Marine or Navy guy is risking his neck just as much as me by serving, and I respect that. To put down another service is a disgrace to yourself and your country. How quickly we forget the feeling we all had after 9/11. The reason the American military is so strong is because we work well together...we integrate all of our forces well and work as a team. We're all on the same side. Alot of you obviously don't understand that.

As for OTS being easy, I'll be the first to admit that it's not too physically demanding. But I'd be willing to bet that it's as or more demanding mentally than any of the other officer schools. This isn't basic training...it's officer training, to teach about leadership. The purpose isn't to get yelled at, it's to learn how to lead. If you're just trying to show that you can lift 5 more pounds than another person, you have alot of growing up to do. That's what basic training's for.

Since you didn't realize it, we don't get yelled at much at OTS because it's not necessary. Basic training has alot of yelling because the people that go through there are young and in need of discipline. But those who go through OTS are mature and already have the discipline, so that's not where the focus is. In fact, for some of you younger people, some of the people that go through here are probably almost old enough to be your parents. How would yelling advance the learning of the officer trainees? It wouldn't. They realize that here, so they focus their efforts on making us better officers rather than yelling senselessly at us.

So yes, you can rant and rave about how Marines are stronger than Air Force officers in general. But that really isn't all that important. Yes, physical fitness is an important trait, but it's not how wars are won.

As far as me being a weakling, I'll defend myself there too. If you didn't think my run was fast enough, I eventually ran the two-mile in 11:40. I ran 2 miles in 9:45 in high school, and I hold two high-school records. Could anyone here have run it faster than that? If so, cool. If not, quit your groaning--I could probably easily beat you any day of the week. As for the pushups and situps, I ended up picking it up to 87 situps and 82 pushups by the third PFT. Granted that may not be as many as you can do, but if you hadn't noticed, that's not the point. I'll leave it up to you to figure out that wars aren't won with huge muscles.

I'm not going to post to this board again, so don't waste your time flaming me...I don't care. I have better things to do than waste my time posting flames to a bulletin board--I have to go learn how to fly my REAL jet. And you say WE spend all this time on the computer? The irony's so obvious I don't even need to point it out.

You all need to stop disrespecting the people who are serving, because I'll bet most of you have no idea what it's like. Those of you who are serving that slander another service, you're disrespecting the very service that you are a part of. You all sit in front of the computer and flame people you don't even know...people who risk their lives every day to protect the very freedoms that you enjoy. Wake up. If you don't respect that, then you're not even worth arguing with.

Dave Shutter

If you think this is flaming you haven't been to studentpilot.net, or any "O" club at happy hour when different banches are there. If you can't take some friendly inter-service ribbing, good luck when people start shooting at you.

Ski3

Tburch, c'mon now. So Patmack18's "tool" remark was a little too much, but he ain't a bad guy - and neither is anyone else here for that matter. We are just having a wee bit of fun with you, the Air Force, and OTS. :)

...and seriously, you should see studentpilot.net :)

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.