• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Woman + Subs

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
So the times when guys grab a newspaper and spend 45 minutes in the head pontificating the finer points of life don't count???

In that article from last year, I thought it was ironic that the higher ups are worried that the sub community will become out of touch with society. Isn't part of the bubblehead lifestyle to be cut off from said society for large amounts of time voluntarily?

Another victim is fooled.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
A little not-so-serious for a moment

I just remembered... this topic has appeared in popular culture before! There was the Das Boot parody on SCTV (the plot centered around a fictitious gender-integrated WWII Nazi submarine). +1 to the first SCTV fan who can remember the title of that episode :)

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
So the times when guys grab a newspaper and spend 45 minutes in the head pontificating the finer points of life don't count???

In that article from last year, I thought it was ironic that the higher ups are worried that the sub community will become out of touch with society. Isn't part of the bubblehead lifestyle to be cut off from said society for large amounts of time voluntarily?

Jesus Christ.

To anyone still not getting it....

April 1, 2008 = April Fools Day.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I would have, but this isn't the first time on this site that the article has been posted or fooled people.

SkywardET

Contrarian
words
... eventually manning (or womanning) the subs by late 2011.
Just wanted to throw a little tidbit that might come in handy fighting off feminazism. The verb, "man" as in, "to man a station" comes from the Latin word "manes" which means hands.

It has nothing to do with the fact that only men can use their hands well.:D

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
I listed to all the 'women' argument back in flight school in 92, right after Tailhook when women were allowed in combat. The sub drivers wives who are arguing they don't want women on the boats don't have a leg to stand on.
As long as the navy maintains standards (which many argue it did not in the early 90's when it came to female flighter pilots) it shouldn't be a problem.
Once they answer the room/head issue for women on subs, the next discussion will be how to incorporate openly gay military members into units. (Sorry if this is a threadjack)

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
2-Star General makes pregnancy an offense punishable by Court Martial

Waiting to see if this policy becomes the new norm, or if someone else is stripped of command due to loss of confidence. Because really, it could go either way.

How is this different, really? It's already an offense to have sex in theater which is punishable by the UCMJ, pregnancy or not. This is actually a slightly weaker restatement of that policy. It seems to say that you're not really in trouble unless somebody gets knocked up.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How is this different, really? It's already an offense to have sex in theater which is punishable by the UCMJ, pregnancy or not. This is actually a slightly weaker restatement of that policy. It seems to say that you're not really in trouble unless somebody gets knocked up.

Yeah. I agree with the General's philosophy and can appreciate his position, but this is in direct conflict with established DoD directives on the pregnancy matter. Punish people for violating GO-1, but the pregnancy thing ain't gonna hold water. I'm frankly surprised that his counsel advised him that that was OK.

Brett

Clux4

Banned
Let us wait. Now that the word is out, the Pentagon will probably hold a news conference to clarify a few things.