• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Will I get sent home for being too skinny?

corpsocgmu

Marine Officer
pilot
Muscle weights more than fat. Find a protein powder you don't mind the taste of, mix with peanut butter to make delicious shakes and hit the weights.

I'm quite sure that a pound of fat weighs exactly the same as a pound of muscle.:)

nursesoon

Banned
guy eats a whole pizza people say wow he was really hungry
guy eats a whole cake and people say wow he has got problems.
Girl eats either, that's gross, she has problems.

I can eat a whole one of those small pizzas. My weights good though, just under 110 (5"6). I went off both control and got down to 102 eating whatever I wanted but went back on a week ago so my weight should be going back up sometime.

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
Try to put on some meaningful weight instead of sloppy weight. I was a decent catcher in high school but my coach said I needed to build my frame to get the attention of scouts. The summer before my senior year I ate a tremendous amount of protein - eggs, tuna, sandwiches, more eggs, oatmeal, rice, pasta, tofu, and vegetables. I also supplemented my work-outs with protein shakes and drank one in the morning and evening, and also ate before I went to bed. I ended up adding about 25-30 lbs of muscle in a little over 3 months. Not saying you need to go crazy, but I read that if you're trying to increase your size, you should eat 1 gram of protein for every pound you weigh. A can of tuna or an egg is about 10 grams that get's processed to put it into perspective.

This was like almost 5-6 years ago, I have since stopped all that and decreased back to my normal weight and size. For us skinny guys, we have to keep up the eating. But just don't crazy on the fast food, or your next issue will be the PRT.

DavefrmMeridian

From here...came back here
You all need to eat more Caines and Dr. Pepper. That's how I got ready for OCS and more importantly flight training.

JTB7

If the military allows it, take creatine. It stores water in your muscles and in effect makes you weigh more(and makes you look more muscular:)) Just be sure to hydrate more than usual.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
WAS-01-02993.jpg

You could always just plug a couple of these before the weigh in...

Phrost_Bite

Future Flyboy
Yeah but girls don't like guys who are too skinny.

Hey lay off! Chicks dig the thin man...LOL!

It is tough trying to eat 3-4 meals a day. I'm so busy all the time, either at work or at home with the pregnant wife and baby. Thats probably why I lost weight in the first place. Now that I think about it somedays I found myself only eating once a day because that's all I had time for.

Anyways, thanks for all the advice guys. I went out and got some of that protien mix crap and have eased up a bit on my workouts. I hope it works. I only have 23 days before I ship...

KW83

They are scrutinizing every detail about the health of candidates at OCS right. They can well afford to do so right now. Overweight folks are being sent home even will solid PFT's and I don't think they will make an exception if you're underweight. I wouldn't count on them accepting a reason that you are naturally skinny. Add a supplemental shake to your diet with creatin to help you gain weight with your exercise. I use Muscle Milk since it has fat and carbs in it to and doesn't taste like a butthole. Add it to skim or 1 or 2%. And start now! Oh, and the BUMED doctor in Pcola was pretty happy that I use creatin...in moderation folks!

PerDiem

Look what I can do!!
+1 on the muscle milk. it's the only protein shake i've had that actually tastes descent. try the dark chocolate flavor and throw a banana and some peanut butter in there and you're all set.