• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Will I get sent home for being too skinny?

H60Gunner

Contributor
I am like you, but older. What Bevo said except put the bacon on the samiches and eat, chow, then eat some more.

I loose like 10-15lbs every hunting season. I have learned to pack on the carbs (good carbs), before, during and after.

blackbart22

pilot
Bananas beat up in milk worked for me when I was trying to reach the minimum for regular NROTC years go.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don't worry . . . he'll hit the ripe old age of about 26 1/2 and wonder why he has to suck in his gut to tie his shoes all of a sudden. I used to think any weight was good weight too.

<- had to sign the ejection seat waiver in A-pool, then gained the "Freshman 15" 8 years late. Still a scrawny runt, but somewhat less so.

Flugelman

Contributor
There's no way that chick is with that dude for real. Unless maybe he's rich.

I think this 'splains it.....

Lottery.jpg

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
Don't worry . . . he'll hit the ripe old age of about 26 1/2 and wonder why he has to suck in his gut to tie his shoes all of a sudden.

I'll just say this: the 40s are cruel years....

(Those in their 50s/60s can way in on the relative cruelty of those decades.)

Bonko

Final Select SNA (Sept 13th)
My Pops owns a McDonalds... I've been eating it on a near daily basis since roughly the age of 4. Like I said, I'm just a naturally thin fellow.

ok oddly I think I have an idea. You are going to have to become a backwards carb counter

first work out how many calories you are taking in each day, how many you are burning and make sure that your intake is higher then your burn. its sort of the take every stitch of advice to lose weight and reverse it. Eat ice cream high fatty foods, high carbs, high sugars. and then make sure you are not running so hard you are burning them back off. By no means stop running and pushing, but just keep the intake higher.

Only thing I can think of that really would work.

make friends with a cake.

guy eats a whole pizza people say wow he was really hungry
guy eats a whole cake and people say wow he has got problems.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
I'm just like you. It was painful putting on muscle, but it can be done. Your job literally needs to be eating. I used to go to the cafeteria on campus and eat 4 FULL meals a day. And by full I mean I would eat until I almost puked. Sometimes I did---but I would just swallow it back down. Can't afford to lose those calories, now can we?

On top of those meals I was having a weight gainer shake with ice cream and peanut butter. Some nights after hitting the gym I'd sit down with a spoon and a jar of peanut butter and kill 1/3 of it.

It's all about calories in versus calories out. Fast food will get you the weight, but it won't be the weight you want...so at least eat some good proteins and carbs too!

And this may seem counterintuitive, but if you aren't lifting weights, get in the gym. I can eat my ass off, but if my body doesn't need the weight, it won't take it. If I lift, I will put weight on faster. Don't go batshit crazy, but get some heavy weight on the bar and move some steel 2-3x per week. Notch back on the cardio a bit. And EAT!

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
Muscle weights more than fat. Find a protein powder you don't mind the taste of, mix with peanut butter to make delicious shakes and hit the weights.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Muscle weights more than fat. Find a protein powder you don't mind the taste of, mix with peanut butter to make delicious shakes and hit the weights.

get some weight gainer.. you know, the one where it's like 6 scoops for one serving.

that will turn you into a pot bellied freak in no time (probably a diabetic too)