• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Will Bad Credit Kill My Dream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiveLT21DaBall

I had it explained this way to me: If you cant take care of your own money, then how can you be expected to take care of the governments money, or your people?

That's a load of ****. Since when was the military/government a bastion of fiscal responsibility??

I wonder how they explained the drugs and past criminal behavior part to you.

MasterBates

That's a load of ****. Since when was the military/government a bastion of fiscal responsibility??

We have to account for stuff at the operational level to a point that is rediculous.

A lot of the "waste" that people see is us having to execute our budget to within 0.5%. Yes, half a percent. These requirements, and a lot of financial boondoggles are at the SECNAV/SECDEF/CONGRESS level.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor

Public trust

In a survey just completed by the non-partisan, international research company RoperASW, the American public called PBS the most trusted institution on a list of nationally known organizations in the country and the best use of tax dollars, second only to military defense.

Hey, I never said things were perfect...

Harrier Dude

Living the dream

It's less about money and more about responsibility. Wait until you have to handle classified material, or God forbid, be the squadron CMCC or Security Manager (I was both). I sweated every single day that I would lose as much as 1 single page of my classified holdings. The military (and NCIS) has a very low sense of humor about such things.

GiveLT21DaBall

Think of it like this: The government is considering "lending you" classifed information. They want to know if they can trust you with it. If you show them that other people have loaned you stuff and you fvcked them over with it, it'll make them think twice.

Also, as mentioned in several other threads, with so many highly qualified people trying to get in, why go with a guy with issues? They've got plenty that don't.

I'm not trying to judge you or your situation, but that's about how it adds up.

It's all fine and dandy with me if 100% of the selectees were no-issues, no-BS. In that kind of world, I can understand why I wouldn't be one of the select few. But the reality is that people DO get in with waivers for a bunch of "negative, red flag" ****. I just find it hard to believe that an idiot with a police record and/or past drug use is less of a threat than a moron that couldn't balance a check book.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Regardless of your opinions on deficits and national debt, at least the government services its debt and pays its creditors. Bad comparison.

Next issue: For the love of God! The issue is not having debt, or owing some creditor $100. The reason large debt in default is a security risk is because you are more likely to be tempted to accept money in exchange for commission of various espionage related activities. It's not (necessarily) a matter of character, but temptation. The difference between this and some of the other stated issues (drugs, arrests, etc) is that none of these other issues renders you more likely to commit espionage - debt in default does.

Brett

GiveLT21DaBall

Public trust

Hey, I never said things were perfect...

And this paints a different picture...

"The Pentagon's most celebrated whistle-blower is retiring after 42 years of helping expose wasteful defense spending, including the military's purchase of claw hammers for $435 apiece, airplane toilet seats at $640 a lid and $7,600 coffeemakers."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/02/26/MNGFJHF3DC1.DTL&feed=rss.news

The military doesn't know how to manage money. I don't know how to manage money. One hell of a match don't ya think??

GiveLT21DaBall

It's less about money and more about responsibility. Wait until you have to handle classified material, or God forbid, be the squadron CMCC or Security Manager (I was both). I sweated every single day that I would lose as much as 1 single page of my classified holdings. The military (and NCIS) has a very low sense of humor about such things.

I understand what you are saying: be perfect or else....

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I understand what you are saying: be perfect or else....

I'm not sure if you're making a "zero defect" reference or what, but ask anybody......losing classifed material is a big "high vis" event. One that you won't soon forget. Signing that stuff over to my replacement (completely accounted for) was one of the highlights of the tour and one of the most relaxing days of my life. You'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.